PDA

View Full Version : OT-house cleaning method site-fairy? Someone's signature?

kemp
11-10-2005, 03:44 PM
A while back I found a site that talked about a house cleaning "method" and I think the logo was some kind of little cleaning fairy. It might have been in someone's signature. Any ideas on where I could find this again? I thought I bookmarked it but I'm not finding it.

kemp
11-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Awww, crud. I knew as soon as I posted this I'd finally find it. For anyone who might be interested, the site is: http://www.flylady.net/

Has anyone tried this?

HeatherFeather
11-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Kemp,

this is how I live my life...seriously.....without Flylady...i'd be LOST LOST LOST....

I've been with the program since nearly the beginning. If you have any ??'s let me know :)

kemp
11-10-2005, 03:50 PM
How hard was it to start? On the surface it seems a little "anal" to me but I need something to get me organized. Just sitting here looking at my desk right now makes me want to puke. How many minutes a day do you have to spend on it?

HeatherFeather
11-10-2005, 04:05 PM
with repitition comes efficiency...

it isn't so much of...how many minutes really...it is just a way of life..lol...
You start off with routines. You do the same thing every day, and SOOOO there isn't the mad dash of having to clean the bathroom for company, cuz it is getting done "nearly" every day.

You tackle a spot, her's is the kitchen sink...and MAKE IT YOURS...you get it all sparkly and clean...and the idea is that, since you are taking pride in that sink, (or what ever you pick), it will spread. Now your sink is purdy, you don't want your counters messed up...and so forth.

It is overwhelming at first, and if you go to the website, she gives you jobs to do, one each day and build on it. Babysteps I think it is called?

But in 20 mins I can have the bathroom Swished and swiped, I get shower/dressed, make up and shoes on, I pick up a load of laundry, toss it in the washer, get breakfast ready for the kids if they need it, wipe down counters after breakfast, and be out the door.

You get reminders to do nearly EVERYTHING> Your desk is called a "Hot Spot". When just ONE thing gets put there, it explodes like it is on fire. So multiple times a day, you go to your Hot Spots, and take care of them.

As far as being anal???? We are all SHE's Side Tracked Home Executives...this system WORKS...like with everything if you work it. But the language they speak, I understand.

I came from a house that both parents were BO (Born Organized), and I just didn't fit in. At ALL. This has taught me what is appropriate, what isn't in the realm of housekeeping. But also it has taught me to FLY...Finally Love Myself.

She ISN'T for everyone...but she sure is for me and over 200,000 people that are on the list :)

It has really enabled me to be more efficient in what I do, and therefore KNIT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingrid
11-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Heatherfeather--I think I need a demonstration. Could you come over, say, once a week and show me? Please? :blush:

HeatherFeather
11-10-2005, 04:26 PM
hehehe.......silly girl ingrid...lol....

now...all THAT said...I am fluttering at the moment...lol.....being away from home all day kinda puts a damper in decluttering...

but it REALLY helps.....really really it does....

Oh, and i have this crazy household book all divided up (hyperfocused and this was the benefit)...so I dont' have to THINK about what is to be done, I just look at it, and I DO it.!!!

Julie
11-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Cheryl,

IMHO the very most important thing to accept up front is that you'll be getting 20 e-mails a day. Some people absolutely cannot deal with that -- and FlyLady is all, "Excuses, excuses, I warned you, so don't come whining to me about all the e-mail." :roflhard: If you set it up so all of your FlyLady mail goes into its own folder, it will be far less irritating and you'll get a lot more out of it because you can very easily pick and choose what to read, or ignore it altogether if you don't want to deal with it for a day or two. Again, IMO. YMMV. KWIM?

That said, I think FlyLady is fabulous. She is right on about so many things. It really does make a difference to have a clean sink every night...and to put your shoes on every morning...who knew? :D

HeatherFeather
11-10-2005, 07:39 PM
I changed email from AOL to gmail BECAUSE of the filtering...

I have it go into folders..I don't need the reminders to find my shoes...a BIG thing of hers...but I rebel against that. I want comfy feet. If I'm home, my slippers will do just fine..lol...

So....the daily reminders, I don't see....but the testimonials come into my box, and her "talks" come in, special notices and such.

Or just delete them. AND in the beginning she doesn't even really WANT you to read them(the emails), just follow the plan off the web, and she baby steps you into reading the emails and then following the plan on your own.

If anybody wants to see my CRAZY control journal...of what I am "supposed" to do I can send it to you..just PM me. It is VERY detailed, and makes me look like a crazy woman. But it is 5 years of putting it together, tweaking and such.

and is it 20 emails???? sure seems like it sometimes,

Sara
11-10-2005, 09:30 PM
My emails all consolidate into one, I have no idea why. I just scroll through until I find something interesting or delete it. I love flylady. I haven't knuckled down to do the control journal, but my house is so much cleaner and I stay on top of things way more than before.

knitting4babybear
11-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the link. I neeeeeeedddddd this in my life.

It's a desperate thing going on in here.

Hope she has a paper management class.... :pray:

Vendie
11-10-2005, 10:13 PM
I was looking at this, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to bring FlyLady into my house (it's kinda like deciding to quit smoking - you really have to WANNA first) - but I'm thinking it could really help me at work! I can't even tell you the last time I saw my desk...oh wait, this morning when I was looking for something, I caught a peek at it.

HeatherFeather
11-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Sara:
You have your's set to digest...if you *want* to change it, you need to go to your yahoo page...but that IS a good point. If you don't want a ton of emails, you CAN set your mail option to digest. She(flylady) however doesn't archive her emails...she really really wants you to jump in where you are...:)

and yeah, it is something that you need to WANT to do. But also she is BIG on perfectionism. We let things slide because of our perfectionistic thinking. I didn't think I was a perfectionist, cuz the place was so trashed here all the time...(my mother actually threatened to call Social Services on me about 10 years ago...not that it was THAT bad, but that it wasn't up to HER standards), but it WAS bad. BUT...I didn't do things BECAUSE they couldn't be perfect....so....letting go of that perfectionism...doing things half way is still better than not at all....

So Fibergirl...:) if you are waiting for the "right time"...that isn't going to happen..lol...just like the "right time" to get married or have a baby....but if you start taking small baby steps, and work toward the end goal (of which I am STILL working...I have dishes in my sink cuz I was EXHAUSTED last night and was in bed at 7:30.) But I'll just jump in, with my list, and dry erase marker, and take off.

there are a lot of discussion groups "out there" you can find them on her website...

kemp
11-11-2005, 02:59 PM
well...I'm scared :shock: but I signed up for the emails anyway. I will "officially" start Monday but my sink is sparkly and I can see most of my desk aka "hot spot". I actually have a nice clean sink most of the time anyway. I have a friend who is really into having a clean sink and since she'd stop over occasionally I got into the habit of doing it all the time.

DotMom61
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Yay, Cheryl! :-)

I'm in the midst of "crisis cleaning" today because everything has gone to you-know-where in a handbasket lately. Ugh. But, the family room is now picked up & dusted, the kitchen is improved greatly -- except for the paper piles, the laundry is well over 1/2-way done, and the toilet in the main-floor bath is clean and has a new seat. (Woo hoo!)

Now, I need to get back to the paperwork .... oh ... and I suppose I ought to get lunch ready for the kids, too!! :rofling:

mintdee
11-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Yeaa Kemp!
I have been with the flylady for about 3 years now. I am still waiting for the day that I am flying but I have develped some routines that have helped me keep the house semi clean as opposed to completely dirty. Now if company is coming over my race through the house goes a lot faster. Just remember one thing at a time! :D

kemp
11-11-2005, 03:08 PM
That is usually what I do..."cleaning crisis"...it gets out of hand and then I spend a 12 hour day running around like a crazy person doing all sorts of wild cleaning. Of course, with us, it is never totally out of hand since we don't have kids, but not nearly as clean as a house that does not have kids should be!

DotMom61
11-11-2005, 03:09 PM
I was looking at this, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to bring FlyLady into my house (it's kinda like deciding to quit smoking - you really have to WANNA first) - but I'm thinking it could really help me at work! I can't even tell you the last time I saw my desk...oh wait, this morning when I was looking for something, I caught a peek at it.

FG -- It's really not as bad as you might think. It's really a gradual process, and more a way of thinking about tackling your home and keeping it maintained. Marla's (FLYLady) premise is that we've all learned how to clean, but no one ever really taught us how to *maintain*!

I find now that if I get "behind," it really gives me a place to pick up and start, and it also keeps me grounded. Otherwise, I would feel like I should have everything done in a day, and that's impossible. I just do 15-minute spurts at a time. After three of those, I get to sit down and knit for 15 mins, and then I start all over again. It's amazing what you can get done in 15 minutes. It keeps you very focused.

kemp
11-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Maybe I have ADD...with cleaning at least! I find it very difficult to stay focused on one cleaning thing that long. Like usually I start cleaning the kitchen, find something that needs to be put away in the bedroom go in the bedroom totally forget about the kitchen and start putzing in the bedroom instead...and so on and so on! :roflhard: :roflhard: I definitely have selective focus since I can do a lot of other things for more than 15 minutes at a time.

punkhippiemom
11-11-2005, 03:54 PM
LOL I do the same thing! I thought it was just me!
Finally, I get to the point where I'm cleaning at least two things in every room almost simultaneously and feeling completely frazzled, so I end up with only half the house cleaned grrrrr... or even worse with it all torn apart in the process of being cleaned... :rollseyes:

I saw the title of this thread and must have misread, I thought someone was asking to get a "house-cleaning fairy" and I was all excited- - sign me up for that ! :roflhard:

kemp
11-11-2005, 03:59 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Think of all the money we could make if we could find a "house cleaning fairy" My friend has one of those, but she has to pay for it!

HeatherFeather
11-11-2005, 06:18 PM
just follow her baby steps...and you'll do FINE!!! :) any questions, I'm a PM away!!! :)

And don't let perfectionism get the best of you!!! :)

Congrats DotMom!!!!!!!!!! :) feels good to be productive eh?

DH was my "kitchen fairy" today...:) va, HE'S the Veteran, and he works for me...lol....but with him doing that, I was able to get the corner of the dining room cleared out and mopped to accept my new desk for my new job for my new boss that didn't show up...sigh...lol...

lol....I didn't read the later posts when I posted my "kitchen fairy" comment!!! lol..

I DO have ADD and am on meds for it. But before meds, I had my lists...which is my control journal. I have them in page protectors, so I use my dry erase marker. Having that list does a couple things for me.

1)I don't have to remember each time what I need to do for each zone (she divides the house into zones)
2)It really does keep me on track
3)if I DO get sidetracked, we are SHE'S after all (Sidetracked Home Executives) I know where I left off
4) and GASP if someone offers to help, or they are in the doghouse, I can say, grab the kitchen list, start at the top and work till you have 3 things done...
5)it's typed in a fun font, but also impersonal so that it isn't ME saying I need to do this, but someone else rather...
6)they are in page protectors, so I don't need to be wasteful, but I can add or delete a page at will.
7)if I am sick and need help, I can say grab the book and that's what needs to be done

snooc
11-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Oooh, I LOVE Flylady! I'm definitely still a Flybaby, but she's definitely helped get me out of CHAOS mode (with the exception of my office - that's another story!).

Definitely start small - even if it seemed ridiculously simple, I put it on my list. For example, at night, I knew I was going to brush my teeth and wash my face, but just being able to check those things off was kind of a little push-me-along.

I went out and bought a funky binder, some vinyl sheet covers, and dry-erase markers, and I just keep everything in there. It makes it real easy to update the list with a new item or sheet of paper, check things off and start fresh the next day.

I just never seem to get caught up on laundry - NEVER! No matter what I do...and we don't even have children.

foldedbird
11-12-2005, 01:11 AM
:roflhard:

foldedbird
11-12-2005, 01:13 AM
I suppose I ought to get lunch ready for the kids, too!! :rofling:

DOH!!! You mean that I'm supposed to feed them?

knitting4babybear
11-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Maybe I have ADD...with cleaning at least! I find it very difficult to stay focused on one cleaning thing that long. Like usually I start cleaning the kitchen, find something that needs to be put away in the bedroom go in the bedroom totally forget about the kitchen and start putzing in the bedroom instead...and so on and so on! :roflhard: :roflhard: I definitely have selective focus since I can do a lot of other things for more than 15 minutes at a time.

I used to do this too Kemp, but I stopped! Here's how:

Julie Morgenstern, author of Organizing from the Inside Out, suggests keeping a container of some sort in the room you're cleaning - whatever works...a small laundry basket or other basket...a cleaning caddy...whatever - and make it a "other room" basket. Whatever's in a room you're cleaning the belongs in another room altogether, put it in the basket and continue cleaning the room you're in. When you're done, take the basket and the items in it to where they belong. Do that in every room you clean, and you're much more likely to get the whole room done.

Sounded really simple when I read it. So simple it could NEVER be real.

It is. I clean WHOLE ROOMS now. That feat has elluded me for ALL of my years. :thumbsup:

HeatherFeather
11-12-2005, 05:50 PM
ARGGGGGGGg....totally forgot what I was going to say...dh deleted the cookies, which meant I needed to re-log in, then I forgot...sigh...(my life with ADD)...

Ok...remember now....I have the Julie Morgenstern book...if anyone would like it it's yours for the cost of shipping...which I think is like 3.95??? MOney is sucky right now, so I"ll need the $$ before I can ship...

If you want, PM me and I'll get it off to you in Monday's mail. (I have paypal)

LisaD715
11-12-2005, 05:51 PM
I love this site!! I seriously think I have ADD...I can never stay focused at home. I used to always work from a list, but got out of the habit.

I am just getting started, and shined my sink for the first time today......I purposely left one unshined so the kiddos could see the difference it makes. (Stephen and Doug are old enough to help out and do a great job!!)

Heather, thanks for the journal it makes so much more sense now!!!!

I am VERY excited about this project!

koolbreeze
11-12-2005, 08:38 PM
WOW i really live in CHAOS>>>didn't know they had a web site to get me out... i guess i should sign up then huh? DH would be so proud! ya'll sould see my sink!!! :shock:

HeatherFeather
11-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Lisa,

I'm glad my journal helped!!!
Now..MAKE IT YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol some things you won't need, some things you'll have to add...

and remember...it isn't about being perfect, but about loving yourself. :) :heart: :heart:
routines and baby steps.

DotMom61
11-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Heather --

Not to change the subject, but I love the birdies in your picture ...

... and now back to FLYLady!

I did *not* follow my routine this morning. Ugh. But, last week's Crisis Cleaning has paid off. The family room & kitchen are still in workable order, and I feel like I can concentrate on some other stuff now.

I think the kids and I are going to head off to the library for "school" today ... we need a change of scenery!

BTW ... if anyone else is homeschooling, the FLYLady has a page of suggestions/tips for us here (http://flylady.net/pages/FlyBaby_HS.asp)

HeatherFeather
11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
THANKS....farting around on here..remember'd I had that pic...from the Baltimore Zoo...and thought'd it fit my screen name here PERFECTLY!!! lol...AND it's a picture I actually LIKE of myself...lol my dd Rachel took that..:) (she was 6 at the time)

today is my "day off", computer wasn't working at work, so I came home, harumph...it is THE most fickle thing I have EVER seen...

LisaD715
11-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I want that job....I can hear it now......Martin, my computer is down again, can I go home? Next, he laughs at me......

Although, I have to admit, we do have it REALLY good. We leave early nearly every Friday, the guys are extrelemy flexible when it comes to needing time for personal appointments as well, they pay us when we are sick, and we are bonused often.

HeatherFeather
11-14-2005, 03:12 PM
ack....that sounded odd!! lol..lemme clarify...hehehe...

I am the volunteer head librarian at my kiddo's little school. I basically make my own hours to get the work done which I create. So...bad day...don't go in....good day, I could be there for as many hours as I get lost in the books.
Hopefully some day it will turn into a paying position...but for now...i'm happy to help out!!!

Kid Showbiz
11-15-2005, 02:48 AM
I just signed up on the list and I plan on doing my initial sink cleaning tomorrow after class. I need this in my life! I'm a working student and share an apartment with the darling boyfriend and DUDE is it a mess. I actually found a bag of stuff from last Christmas in the bedroom today. Both of our families want to have Thanksgiving at our apartment this year due to bad health of the elders on both sides. Basically, I'm losing my mind. 11 people?! I don't even have 11 dishes. Anyway, I'm hoping this will help me establish a routine and keep me a little bit saner this holiday season. :pray:

beldaraan
11-15-2005, 03:13 AM
I signed up last night. Sink has been clean for 2 days and I dressed up to go out (which I had to do anyway). I'm not much of a clutterbug, but I got fed up earlier in the week and blurted out to dh, "why are those empty pop cans on the counter and not in recycling? Why are those dirty dishes in the sink and not in the dishwasher? Why are those dirty clothes on the floor and not in the laundry basket?..." I was fed up with both of us, so we're doing this together.

Funny thing is that when I told dh about it, he said, "oh yeah, I've heard of that site." :??

foldedbird
11-15-2005, 03:22 AM
Beldie, maybe he's a FlyLady at heart!

kemp
11-15-2005, 06:11 AM
I don't know if I'm really "with the program" yet, even though I'm signed up now. However...my sinks are clean (they were most of the time anyway) and I tackled 2 major hot spots the last couple of days I think one thing it really helps with is changing one's frame of mind...I always feel "behind" ...if I don't put in a couple of 12 hour days and get everything perfect then it's not worth it at all. So not true! It really makes me happy just to see my spots of progress, even if everything else isn't "up to par" :thumbsup:

HeatherFeather
11-15-2005, 08:40 AM
YEAHHH to all the new flybabies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

First thing.....you are not behind, just jump in where you are
second thing, it didn't get this way in a day, it isn't going to get "fixed" in a day.

And I used to think that it meant it didn't PHYSICALLY get this way in a day, but I have reframed that thinking a bit...it didn't emotionally get this way in a day, it won't emotionally get "fixed" in a day. I have been doing this for now near six years...is it done??? NOPE....I still have to climb in bed from the end of it, cuz the side is filled...(ala Kelly if you went to the Baltimore flyfest!!!)

I have the thanksgiving timeline on this computer...if anybody wants it, PM me and I'll send it to you. :)

beldaraan
11-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Beldie, maybe he's a FlyLady at heart!
I'll be sure to point that out to him Deni ;)

kemp
11-15-2005, 05:35 PM
I like how they reminded me of my laundry today...I had put a load in this morning and didn't think of it again until I got my little email reminder. Now THAT is handy because I have a bad habit of totally forgetting about it and then having to rewash the next day because it sat. Anyway, it is dried and put away now. Oh and you should SEE my sink! I'm going to make bigger post about this on my blog tomorrow.

DotMom61
11-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, Kempy!! It's kinda fun, isn't it??

I have been just terrible about getting through my morning routine lately, but I got through it today, and I feel so much better. With us homeschooling, the kitchen table is usually *full* of stuff, but today I cleared it all off after breakfast & it's stayed that way today except for the school books which will be put away shortly. Also, everyone's beds are made, laundry is sorta done ... that's thanks to my MIL, though ... and the kitchen is in relative peace.

Of course, I haven't figured out what we're eating for dinner yet. That is my most difficult task so far -- I haven't mastered the weekly meal planning. Ugh.

It's so exciting to see all of you getting into the FLYLady stuff! It really is more fun to do housework "together," so to speak. :-)

VickiIL
11-15-2005, 06:49 PM
When I follow the fly lady routines it is amazing! I can't believe how easy it is to keep up with everything. And then I get overwhelmed with the emails and unsub....Then I gradually fall out of the routines. Is there away to get ONLY the reminders and none of the testimonials and extra's.

HeatherFeather
11-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Is there away to get ONLY the reminders and none of the testimonials and extra's.

If you have a filter on your email sys...you can filter them out...or in for that matter...

if your system doesn't do it (aol) you can join yahoo mail....and THEY do it...but then that'd mess you up (like it did me)

I have gmail, if you want an invite (i have 19) I can send you one, their filtering system is really good.

but to answer your question specifally...no...

DotMom61
11-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Vicki --

I just do a sort in my folder where I receive the FLYLady stuff, and then I delete the stuff I don't want to read. I don't usually read the testimonials & morning musings, but occassionally I will, and they can be surprisingly motivating. But, like you, it does get overwhelming sometimes. I usually just take her advice and "jump in where we are" and try not to worry about "being behind."

It is amazing, isn't it? Just 15 minutes can get you in gear enough to get a whole lot done some days.

kemp
11-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Psychological trickery...that's what it is! "just 15 minutes" can easily turn into more.

DotMom61
11-17-2005, 12:36 PM
:lol:

But really, she cautions you to not do too much at once so you don't get burned out. I always make sure to take 15 mins/hour to just sit and do something *I* want to do. Part of my problem is that I feel that if I do all the work around the house that needs to be done, then there will never be time for me to do anything I want to do for fun. So, this kind of builds it into the day.

I still have trouble getting motivated some days ... like today, perhaps? :rollseyes:

Plus, I have the additional burden of balancing home maintenance w/ home schooling. But, that was a choice I made, and I have to live with it. ;-) (It's not that bad, really.)

HeatherFeather
11-17-2005, 04:11 PM
It is amazing, isn't it? Just 15 minutes can get you in gear enough to get a whole lot done some days

This is how I am going to get through the kids room. I figure if we can do 15-20 mins a day right when they get home...all of us working together....we'll get it done at SOME point...I don't really care WHEN...just as long as it is before Christmas.

DotMom61
11-18-2005, 11:00 AM
I have my kids doing 15-mins a day in their rooms *every* day ... although, if you mess up the stuff you just put away throughout the day, you don't get anywhere. :rollseyes:

DD is good at keeping hers nice; DS is the absent-minded, messy professor.

HeatherFeather
11-18-2005, 02:43 PM
DS 9 is SUCH a SHE..it is scarry...he's why I found out about flylady...I KNEW I needed to "train him up in the way he should go so he would not depart from it..."...not exactly in context...but hey, it fits ME...lol...and since I had NO clue myself...ACK...I needed expert advise. :)

We are going to do a MAJOR weeding out tomorrow...start at one side of the room. And hopefully with me in there, we'll make good progress.

But it's the case of do as I say, not as I do...MY room is horrendous...sigh...

DotMom61
11-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Yes, I know the feeling. You should see my kitchen right now.

Well ... on second thought ... no you shouldn't! :oops:

kitkat
11-18-2005, 07:38 PM
I do certain Flylady things, and I have found when I follow a routine, it helps immensely, especially during tax season when my time is so limited.

I have gotten into trouble with that 27 fling boogie thing though, thrown out things I wish I hadn't!!!!

HeatherFeather
11-18-2005, 11:21 PM
BTDT!!!! lol....but I figure that SOMEWHERE in my mind I didn't think I needed it...lol....

kome
11-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Luckily I work for a maid service and don't really need this. I can't help but clean. It's so addictive after awhile. :rollseyes:

DotMom61
11-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Has anyone used the Saving Dinner ... book by Leanne Ely? I'm seriously considering picking it up today, but for some reason I'm hesitating.

Dinner is a major roadblock for me because I never plan ahead, and I'm always scrambling around at about 4 pm trying to figure out what we're going to eat; therefore, we end up eating out (or from Boston Market) way too often. Not good for the waistline.

Anyway, I'd love to know if anyone has given this book a try.

Thanks!

HeatherFeather
11-19-2005, 04:37 PM
I've subed to the menu mailer

Saving Dinner (http://www.savingdinner.com)

and it SERIOUSLY has been a Godsend....of all the things I do for the house...I DESPISE menu making and shopping.

So far they have been all hits, and no real misses with the group.

DotMom61
11-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Well, hopefully, they'll be hits here, too, 'cause I bought the book while we were out today. I just printed off the first grocery list, and now I'm going to go through & see what I already have on hand and whether or not I need to substitute one of my own recipes for any of them -- e.g., I don't think Split Pea Soup is going to go over real big here. :P

So, wish me luck!

HeatherFeather
11-19-2005, 07:30 PM
ewww nooo....I agree!!! what mailer are you using? I am doing the Body Clutter....and so far things are looser looser looser!!! :)

DotMom61
11-20-2005, 11:30 AM
I haven't subscribed to any of the mailers, but you can download copies of the grocery lists from the http://www.savingdinner.com web site.

Anyway, I took the first menu & grocery list from the book yesterday & went and bought groceries. So, now we're all set for the coming week. Because we're going to be gone Thurs thru Sun, though, I was able to ease my family into this by taking out the fish recipe (the kids won't eat fish, and I'm not crazy about it, either), and I ended up swapping out a different recipe for the Split Pea Soup.

It was really nice having the grocery list already made up *and* made downloadable from the web site. I just edited it to omit things we didn't need & added in a few items we needed in addition to what was already there.

It *seems* like this could be a workable solution! :thumbsup:

kemp
11-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Luckily I work for a maid service and don't really need this. I can't help but clean. It's so addictive after awhile. :rollseyes:

Um, can you come over to my house for while?

foldedbird
11-21-2005, 02:35 AM
And then mine? I cook!

kemp
12-15-2005, 11:51 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Just got "saved" by a Fly Lady reminder again! The laundry I started 2 hours ago is sitting idle.

I'm doing bits and peices of this whole thing, but it really has helped. Thanks for all the great info fly peeps!

HeatherFeather
12-15-2005, 12:17 PM
whooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you go!!! lol....

:)

kemp
12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: OMG! You just saved me with this reply! I had already forgotten again about the laundry...I got up right then and put it in the dryer. I am such a big time "SHE"! :roflhard:

HeatherFeather
12-15-2005, 01:29 PM
welcome to my world....welcome to my WORLD!!! lol....

crazieness it is around here...

talk about a SHE thing to do...in the last two weeks I have cleaned out my attic, and am in the very last stages of painting my bathroom.....Ok....I THINK it is less than 2 weeks before Christmas...and I am doing these things NOW??? but boy does it feel good to get them D O N E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mother even had the nerve to ask if I am nesting...as this is SOOO out of character for me!!!

Holly
12-15-2005, 01:44 PM
I :heart: flylady! I have all the fixings: control journal, typed out AM and PM plans, etc... I just can't seem to pull it all together! I'm actually planning a personal day from work tomorrow to :oops: clean my house AHHHHHH! I need to take Flylady's advice and take babysteps! Instead I want to have a full, comprehensive system in place...that I won't follow :wall: ! I'm feeling newly inspired reading all your posts

:D

P.S. My girlfriend describes the type of cleaning where you start in the kitchen and then notice something else and run off to take care of that, etc... as being a "fart in a whirl wind" !!! That SO describes my cleaning technique :roflhard:

HeatherFeather
12-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Instead I want to have a full, comprehensive system in place...that I won't follow

me thinks that might be a bit of perfectionism eh???? hehehehe :lol:

kemp
12-15-2005, 02:18 PM
I :heart: flylady! I have all the fixings: control journal, typed out AM and PM plans, etc... I just can't seem to pull it all together! I'm actually planning a personal day from work tomorrow to :oops: clean my house AHHHHHH! I need to take Flylady's advice and take babysteps! Instead I want to have a full, comprehensive system in place...that I won't follow :wall: ! I'm feeling newly inspired reading all your posts

:D

P.S. My girlfriend describes the type of cleaning where you start in the kitchen and then notice something else and run off to take care of that, etc... as being a "fart in a whirl wind" !!! That SO describes my cleaning technique :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: That is SO me too! Someone suggested that when you go to clean a room take a basket with you to put all the stuff that belongs in other rooms and save it all for the end. It sounds like a good idea, but I've yet to try it. Guess I'd rather "fart in a whirl wind"!