PDA

View Full Version : Will you people stop having babies!!!

feministmama
11-10-2005, 09:57 PM
My friend/neighbor told me shes 3 mos preggers. Yes I'm happy for her, I'm excited, can't wait blah blah blah but now I have MORE baby things to knit GGGEEEEEZZZZZ! :rollseyes:

So do we have a "favorite baby pattern" thread somewhere or is this it?

humblestumble
11-10-2005, 10:13 PM
lol, it's okay. It's not like preggers people give birth to full grown adults the day after they find out they'r preggers! That would be freaky and extra stressful! I know there's a KAL for misstialouise in the KAL section. I'm unsure of favorite patterns, I'd go to http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com and poke around.

this one's cute:

http://www.knitlist.com/98gift/babyshoodedtowel.htm Looks like it might get boring after a while though...

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/babeknpawisu.html This is real cute.

http://www.diynet.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3148516,00.html So is this

Well those are just a few on that website that I found.

koolbreeze
11-11-2005, 10:47 AM
ha...i'm over here trying to make my twin and best friend have babies so i can knit them something!!! and the funny thing is i have my own baby to knit for!!!!
even though my older sister is preggers...i'm not knitting her anything. i know thats not nice but i don't want to waste my time and effort on such a selfish person...she'd prolly never put it on the baby! :rollseyes:

suziehomemaker
11-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the knitting patterns! I'm a little over 3 months knocked up myself. I'm hoping to make some stuff for the little one but it's so hard when you don't know the sex. Couple more months . . .

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-11-2005, 03:21 PM
my girlfriend who has been going through some infertility problems (big ones) is now pregnant, due in december... they found out the sex of the baby BEFORE it was implanted (IVF), because one of the problems they were having was a genetic disorder that is only found in boys. So I guess you could find out now if you wanted to... i think the genetic testing runs about 6K. :-)

punkhippiemom
11-11-2005, 03:45 PM
rofl is that all??
Right now is the time to be starting on generic stuff like blankets and maybe little stuffed animals... Once you find out what flavor you've got, you can go to town!
Sweaters, jammies, socks and dresses(maybe), little hoodies and crawlers and all that other fun stuff... I love baby stuff! :inlove:

suziehomemaker
11-11-2005, 04:39 PM
I think I'm going to make a couple blankets in white for now. One with a simple basket weave pattern and one with a more lacy look. That should be good for a newborn.

$6k for genetic test? Just think of all the yarn that money could buy! I am glad to hear that your friend is having success. What have you made for the baby-to-be?

feministmama
11-12-2005, 04:39 PM
my girlfriend who has been going through some infertility problems (big ones) is now pregnant, due in december

Yeah :cheering: :cheering:

they found out the sex of the baby BEFORE it was implanted (IVF)... i think the genetic testing runs about 6K. :-)

WHOA! Modern technology is moving WAY too fast for me :doh:

Pixywhispers
11-13-2005, 07:15 AM
hehehe, Ive been knitting for this baby and I have no idea what it is, but Ive made lots of beige stuff. It looks like antiques and expensive. A couple of booties (that I cant post cause I cant figure out how to make the picture size smaller) (Rowan cotton glace) a few bonnets (dittos on the pics), blanket in a varigated color I love. I did make a simple bonnet pink cause several women at church are also having babies. And lots of simple hats in my favorite yarns! heh.
Just some more ideas.

Candace

punkhippiemom
11-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey Candace, use the search function (at the top of the page) to look for "resize pictures" and you'll find a bunch of advice on how to get them smaller - or just PM one of the moderators and they can do it for you!!

( :heart: we love pictures :heart: )