PDA

View Full Version : Blog Help PLEASE

Knitcrazy
11-11-2005, 05:13 PM
OK.. I know this is How to Knit but I am having the most frustrating day and if I don't get this straightened out...I won't have time to KNIT !!! Grrrrrrrrrr

My photos won't upload into my blog.. I keep getting a square with a red X in it...
I just came down here to Florida and I am using a different puter....but I can't see how that matters.. everything else is the same.. I downloaded a new Picasa2 and I have the same Blog but still ... ??
Please lok in my blog so you can see..
How do you all post your photos in your Blogs??? :doh:

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

Julie
11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Are you using picasa? IMHO it's pretty stinkin' confusing. Picasa and I don't get along.

Personally I use the photo upload tool that's built into Blogger, or I upload my photos to Photobucket and link them from there.

Vendie
11-11-2005, 07:09 PM
I do the same as Julie. Photobucket is good once you get past all the advertising. It's very easy to use. I do find that Blogger and Photobucket don't always play nicely, but the way I get around that is to upload to Blogger from Photobucket rather than just linking to the image on Photobucket (makes more sense when you actually use the program).

Norman
11-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Blogger should be able to host your images..

For some reason tho it's thinking your images are invalid, as the image it's showing is:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/invalid.jpg

Makes since there.. are you using the "Blog it" button in picasa?

I've never tried that I should create a test blog to do that.. let me know if you want some help

Knitcrazy
11-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Oh PLEASE.. YES.. I do need help.. Picasa told me to uninstall it and reinstall it.. I just did that but it did not help....
I do hit the Blog This button in Picassa..yes!

What do they mean in my Blog by invalid jpg????
You can email me with HELP :)
peneloercola@aol.com

Blogger should be able to host your images..

For some reason tho it's thinking your images are invalid, as the image it's showing is:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/invalid.jpg

Makes since there.. are you using the "Blog it" button in picasa?

I've never tried that I should create a test blog to do that.. let me know if you want some help

Knitcrazy
11-11-2005, 08:56 PM
How do you send your photobucket photos?? I am trying that also.. One photo was HUGE.. so I clicked on 25% of photo.. It came out good.. Then I tried it on the next photo and it still came out huge.. When I reclicked on it to 25% it came out really tiny!!!
Do you resize EVERY photo before you send it to Blogger???
How about the 3 choices on the bottom.. The Tag ? The URL and the other one?? I forget what it said.. Do you set any of those or pick one ?? Is there a place to set ALL the photos in photobucket???
I really have had a Frustrating Day trying to get this right...
HELP !!!! :wall:

I do the same as Julie. Photobucket is good once you get past all the advertising. It's very easy to use. I do find that Blogger and Photobucket don't always play nicely, but the way I get around that is to upload to Blogger from Photobucket rather than just linking to the image on Photobucket (makes more sense when you actually use the program).

Vendie
11-11-2005, 09:30 PM
I tend to play with my photos quite a bit before putting them on Photobucket. I have Paint Shop Photo Album software that came with my computer so I use that mostly. Photobucket will resize anything larger than 250k automatically, but I do most of my resizing before I upload them. I pretty much resize ALL of my pictures.

I upload them from Photobucket to Blogger using Blogger's upload tool. In Blogger's photo upload tool, you have two choices - upload from your computer or upload from a URL. I go with the upload from URL when going with Photobucket. You can also copy and paste the URL for a particular image from Photobucket directly into your Blogger post, but when I do it, my post turns out all wonky. So I generally use the upload tool.

Jouf
11-11-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm using Zoto - www.zoto.com for pictures to my blog and it's working well - although it seemed to take me a while to figure it all out!

Knitcrazy
11-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Thank You so much for your HELP... I got it to work out in Photobucket using the URL like you said.. Wow.. What a refief it is :)

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/ :cheering:

I tend to play with my photos quite a bit before putting them on Photobucket. I have Paint Shop Photo Album software that came with my computer so I use that mostly. Photobucket will resize anything larger than 250k automatically, but I do most of my resizing before I upload them. I pretty much resize ALL of my pictures.

I upload them from Photobucket to Blogger using Blogger's upload tool. In Blogger's photo upload tool, you have two choices - upload from your computer or upload from a URL. I go with the upload from URL when going with Photobucket. You can also copy and paste the URL for a particular image from Photobucket directly into your Blogger post, but when I do it, my post turns out all wonky. So I generally use the upload tool.

Knitcrazy
11-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks.. Thats good to know incase I change my photo options! :)

I'm using Zoto - www.zoto.com for pictures to my blog and it's working well - although it seemed to take me a while to figure it all out!