PDA

View Full Version : Eleanor in Scarf Style

ebrperk
11-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Has anyone priced the yarn for Eleanor that is in the Scarf Style book? I got on the website and it would cost $270 to make it like in the scarf!!!!!!!! Does this mean I am a cheapo knitter since I won't pay that much for it? I love the pattern but not $270 worth of love. :lol: I think I am going to try it in a different yarn and smaller.

Robin

Vendie
11-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Were you pricing the recommended yarn, or just something of the same weight? Yikes, that is too expensive for me! Especially for something like that - I like entrelac and all, but I don't think I could stand doing that pattern. It's HUGE!

rebecca
11-11-2005, 09:59 PM
That pattern is on my 'Very Favorite Thing to Knit' list which means...I have to practice, practice knitting entrelac technique, then practice some more. Then think about it for a long time...while thinking about it I will be saving the $ for the yarn which will more than likely be my new fave, SWTC's Karaoke yarn, it will still be pricey...but not as pricey as the yarn used in the book. I LOVE that book!!! I have 'ruffles,' 'backyard leaves' and the reversible cable scarf all on my to do list. The reversible cable is for Lonnie & will be done with the very yummy SWTC phoenix yarn which is 100% soy silk. The other 2 are for me & will (hopefully) have matching accessories to go with...yarn is here & waiting...knitpicks merino style in petal for Ruffles ensemble & WOTA in fern for backyard leaves ensemble :D!! I've had the book FOREVER, but have been busy knitting for others while making my very long project list of accessories for me & Lonnie, several from Scarf Style as I've said...this book ROCKS!!! Eleanor is my very fave pattern in the book, too....one day ;)

ebrperk
11-11-2005, 10:15 PM
I was just curious about the yarn that they used so I looked it up on the internet. I so love that pattern. I am going to do Misty Garden for my SIL that is awesome and I want to do the Braided Mischief and the Eleanor for myself. I would have to make Eleanor smaller I don't really want to wear an afghan around. :lol:

I thought I might try it in Bernat Denim Style Pink, Gray, or Navy Blue. Who knows?? I got some Red Heart Symphony in Redwood to make Misty Garden today. Hopefully I will get started on it this weekend sometime.

Robin