PDA

View Full Version : Felting - What would you do?

knitting4babybear
11-12-2005, 04:08 PM
If you were 3/4 of the way through a project that is made of Gefrida Cortina - which is 80% wool, and 20% Alpaca - and you didn't have enough yarn?

I'm making the Marsupial Tote in a heathered blue. But the it calls for a color change, which I want to do, and I'm not sure if I have to buy the exact same yarn in order to do it.

Would you use the exact same brand?

Forget about the brand, and make sure that the fiber content is exactly the same?

Felting is felting - so just make sure it's all some kind of wool and not worry too much? Even if it's a little different, it's felted so it won't be noticable anyway...

:shifty:

brendajos
11-12-2005, 04:15 PM
well the truth is that all yarn felts differently, including yarn of different colors. however, that being said...i would be inclined to just throw caution to the wind and buy whatever color and yarn i like, fiber content and brand named be d*mned! however, i like the inprecise look most of the time so i am probably not the best judge on that! ;)

carollovesyarn
11-12-2005, 04:47 PM
I'd go for close-to-the-same fiber content just so they felt nearly the same. You could buy the same yarn in a different color and it could still felt differently because of the color, so you may as well have fun and try something else. I'd stick with similar content tho - you don't want to end up with a coin purse on the bottom with a huge floppy top, or a balloon on the bottom with a narrow bottle neck. ;)