PDA

View Full Version : Help with Ribbed Hat Pattern....

wildforyarn
11-13-2005, 10:02 PM
I am driving myself crazy looking for a simple ribbed hat pattern done with DK weight yarn and 10.5 needles or 10 needles that I want to make my BIL for Christmas. He hunts and I have the bright Plymouth Encore yarn, but now I can't find the perfect pattern. I feel I have been loooking for days. Been on knittingpatterncentral (or whatever that one is called) the about.help site....

Anyone have any ideas of books or websites that would have a good pattern?? Thanks!

brendajos
11-13-2005, 10:14 PM
i could be wrong but the problem may be that the dk weight isn't typical for 10 1/2 needles? mebbe if you double the thickness you can find something that would work?

wildforyarn
11-13-2005, 11:06 PM
I was thinking I would double the strands and knit with two. I think I have two patterns to choose from, neither of them really snazzy, but my BIL is a pretty "normal" guy. Not too fancy.... anywho, now I just need to figure out my Denises and then I am set to go!

CateKnits
11-13-2005, 11:46 PM
I was looking for one of those patterns a week or two ago. I had no luck. :doh: Made an orange hat, anyway. :D

wildforyarn
11-14-2005, 03:36 PM
So Cate, did you just wing it then? I have not done that yet and am afraid if I do that it won't fit him! :)

foldedbird
11-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Knitwhits.com has a really easy pattern for a 1x1 ribbed hat using the same size needles you're calling for. It's called Phoebe. Totally doable for a girl or guy.

wildforyarn
11-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Thanks Denise. They have a lot of cute patterns there. I might be buying more than I need to!! :doh: