PDA

View Full Version : I need 2 test knitters...

foldedbird
11-14-2005, 04:19 AM
For my clutch pattern. I'd like one knitter who's experienced with knitting cables, and one who's new to knitting cables. It would be cool to have 2 different points of view on the pattern.

The finished project will kind of look like this: http://www.margaretnicole.com/clutches/swc1.htm
Prospective knitters should have lots of patience. I'm new at writing patterns.

Only other requirements is to email or post on kh progress pics.

Re: to this thread or PM me if you're interested! I should have the first part of the pattern ready in a couple of days.

Denise

foldedbird
11-14-2005, 04:46 AM
Materials needed (subject to change)

I'm using Elsebeth Lovald's Silky Wool. 65% wool 35% silk. Your yarn should be pretty similar, smooth and same gauge.

Gauge is 22sts over 4".

Reccomended needle size is 6, but use needles to get this gauge in *stockinette* first, but be advised there will be a cable swatch later

A cable needle of your choice. You can use a standard cable needle, a short dpn, or do the no-cable needle method.

DIGITAL CAMERA or some method of getting pictures on the internet

Notions you probably already have on hand:
Notebook to critique my pattern
Tapestry Needle
Measuring Tape
Gauge
Blocking supplies if you plan on blocking (ha like I'm gonna)

Materials you'll need later:
Fabric if you choose to sew in a lining
Ribbon
Wooden Handles or zipper insert

D
11-14-2005, 06:09 AM
I'm interested! I'd fall under the "newb to cables" category. Just give me a heads up, and then I'll order what I've gotta order.

Norman
11-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Cables is next on my TODO list.. I've tried a couple times and understand how to use the Cable Needle.. but really have only done like 4 rows of anything cable.. so I'm sure I'd fall under the Newb category too.. but I'd be willin to give 'er a shot.. :)

koolbreeze
11-14-2005, 10:44 AM
i would be but i've never done cables...

Totalele
11-14-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm working on a pattern inspired on these bags too... *giggles* ;)

foldedbird
11-14-2005, 10:53 AM
I have the newbie spot filled, thanks everyone! For those of you looking to try cables, I wrote out a pattern for the small sampler that amy does in her video.

Now I just need the experienced knitter spot filled!

Jeremy
11-14-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm working on an Aran poncho with a lot of cabling so I suppose I'm "experienced". I would be willing to help.

cheesiesmom
11-14-2005, 02:19 PM
OMG that is adorable. I'd love the pattern when you're ready to sell.

KristiMetz
11-14-2005, 03:47 PM
I would love to see everyone's progress and results on this posted on the board or something. :D It would help me learn more, and I just to watch stuff in progress and such.

foldedbird
11-14-2005, 05:00 PM
If I have PM'd you and told you that you're in, please e-mail me at deniseknits@gmail.com.

rebecca
11-14-2005, 06:01 PM
:cheering: :cheering: WTG there missy Denise ;)

foldedbird
11-14-2005, 06:12 PM
TY Rebecca!

rebecca
11-14-2005, 06:13 PM
U bet, sweetie ;)