PDA

View Full Version : 11/15 Good Morning

tigger0229
11-15-2005, 10:14 AM
No knitting for me last night. I had the grandkids and then after they left, got to open my package from Yarn Market. I got that splish splash Crystal Palace yarn to embellish flip flops. Thought my girls would love it, so it's a future project.
I hope my KnitPicks order comes today!!

Angelia
11-15-2005, 10:31 AM
No knitting for me last night. I had the grandkids and then after they left, got to open my package from Yarn Market. I got that splish splash Crystal Palace yarn to embellish flip flops. Thought my girls would love it, so it's a future project.
I hope my KnitPicks order comes today!!

Ooh, splish splash fun! I hope your KnitPicks order comes today, too. I'm also hoping mine will. It shipped on the 4th and still isn't here :(

(Where in AL do you live, Tigger?)

tigger0229
11-15-2005, 10:36 AM
angelia, bummer! mine was sent on the 10th. I bet I don't get for a while then. :crying:

KellyK
11-15-2005, 10:42 AM
How cute are YOU with your little "Good Mornings", Tigg?!? :mrgreen:

(Have you thought about starting your own thread in the blog forum?)

Angelia
11-15-2005, 10:42 AM
angelia, bummer! mine was sent on the 10th. I bet I don't get for a while then. :crying:

Well, I don't know about that. Some folks have orderd from KP since I have and have already received their goodies.

I think it's me! :crying:

Actually, I think it's b/c I got free shipping. To offer such a deal, I think companies use the cheapest shipping method possible. Amazon does it, I know. E.g., With Amazon, a regular shipping order typically takes 3 days; with free shipping, 2 weeks. This has happened to me a number of times, so I know it wasn't a one off. Grr!

But you did get prizes yesterday, so that should keep you happy while waiting!

koolbreeze
11-15-2005, 10:43 AM
wow yours is taken a minute!! prolly cause it was a holiday this past weekend!

Angelia
11-15-2005, 10:58 AM
wow yours is taken a minute!! prolly cause it was a holiday this past weekend!

Yeah, but I'm coming to terms with it...slowly :) In fact, I'm putting in another order today: Simple Stripes for some snuggly festive socks!

tigger0229
11-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Kelly, you must have missed my thread to you regarding your doggies.... do you have a maltesse?
looks like one in your pics but wasn't sure.

tigger0229
11-15-2005, 11:02 AM
angelia, I got the free ship too and it said it was shipped using Best Way. I've never heard of them before. Is that a company like UPS FEDX or maybe just a term they use.
:??

Angelia
11-15-2005, 11:12 AM
angelia, I got the free ship too and it said it was shipped using Best Way. I've never heard of them before. Is that a company like UPS FEDX or maybe just a term they use.
:??

I have no clue what they are! I've never heard of them either, and I've never seen a "Best Way" truck roaming about town.

I thought someone said in another thread that their KP shipments come UPS. Weird.

You might be right that "Best Way" is just a term they use...

:thinking:

brendajos
11-15-2005, 11:15 AM
best way just means cheapest and/or fastest.

i always order at least $30 worth if possible and then use the expedited shipping. arrives in about 3 days and only cost me $7 as opposed to the $15-ish it would have cost if i didn't have the $30....and it isn't like i can't find a use for $30 worth of yarn ;)

(as opposed to buying dogfood because i have a coupon even though i don't have a dog!)

tigger0229
11-15-2005, 11:19 AM
BUT it's capitalized!! so it makes you think that's a company. Best Way.
really weird.
will be curious to see how it gets here.
Hey, just saw you live in AL also. where bouts?
huntsville?

Angelia
11-15-2005, 11:22 AM
best way just means cheapest and/or fastest.

Ah ha! Thanks! It all makes sense now. Why don't they just say "your order will be shipped the best way" instead of saying "your order will be shipped Best Way"? Those subtle changes make a big difference!

i always order at least $30 worth if possible and then use the expedited shipping. arrives in about 3 days and only cost me $7 as opposed to the $15-ish it would have cost if i didn't have the $30....and it isn't like i can't find a use for $30 worth of yarn ;)

HA! My thinking exactly for my next order ;) So far my cart has $21 in it...I'm so close!

But, alas, I'm eating into my yarn budget for next month. The dh will soon lose patience...

(as opposed to buying dogfood because i have a coupon even though i don't have a dog!)

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Angelia
11-15-2005, 11:23 AM
BUT it's capitalized!! so it makes you think that's a company. Best Way.
really weird.
will be curious to see how it gets here.
Hey, just saw you live in AL also. where bouts?
huntsville?

Yep! You?

I asked earlier where you lived, but you didn't answer. I thought you didn't want to say ;)

tigger0229
11-15-2005, 11:32 AM
:blush: oops, sorry. sometimes I miss stuff I'm trying to read so fast!!
I live in Odenville (well Margaret to be exact, but few people know that city exists, plus my mail is delivered by odenville so hence an odenville address).
I love to go to Decatur and Huntsville.
Decatur's Cross Stitch Peddler and Huntsville's Patches and Stitches are two of my fav stores.
we'll have to get together one day and have a shopping trip in all the yarn shops!!

Angelia
11-15-2005, 11:47 AM
:blush: oops, sorry. sometimes I miss stuff I'm trying to read so fast!!
I live in Odenville (well Margaret to be exact, but few people know that city exists, plus my mail is delivered by odenville so hence an odenville address).
I love to go to Decatur and Huntsville.
Decatur's Cross Stitch Peddler and Huntsville's Patches and Stitches are two of my fav stores.
we'll have to get together one day and have a shopping trip in all the yarn shops!!

It's easy to miss stuff in these messages!

I've never been to Cross Stitch Peddler or Patches and Stitches, though I know quilters who have!

And yes, an LYS tour is in order :cheering:

If we're feeling brave, and want to tackle the horrible traffic through the eternal construction zone on S. Parkway, we can head out to The Knitting Zone in Lacey's Spring!

tigger0229
11-15-2005, 11:58 AM
have you been to Yarn Expressions 8415 Whitesburg Drive in Huntsville?
I found them on a search for local stores.
I'm a big time cross stitcher and go to CSP and P&S for my cross stitch fixes since our local birmingham store closed. We have NO vendors here any more. Really sad.

Angelia
11-15-2005, 12:02 PM
have you been to Yarn Expressions 8415 Whitesburg Drive in Huntsville?
I found them on a search for local stores.
I'm a big time cross stitcher and go to CSP and P&S for my cross stitch fixes since our local birmingham store closed. We have NO vendors here any more. Really sad.

I visit the YE website often, but I haven't been to the actual store. Honestly, I don't trust myself to go in there! If we go shopping together, we'll have to make a "be good" pact ;)

That is really sad about your cross-stitch store! None at all?! :(

tigger0229
11-15-2005, 12:28 PM
nope, none at all. it is really sad! we really only had one good one and it closed a few years ago and left me having to order online or go to decatur and huntsville.
we have some yarn shops around here, but I haven't been to any of them yet. I'm like you, I don't trust myself. LOL.
:rofling:

feministmama
11-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Good morning to you too :waving: We had the most glorious sunrise this morning on the west coast. Just right for knitting :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

tigger0229
11-15-2005, 02:35 PM
feministmama, do you live in California?
I love sunrises. for a long time my dh kidded me that I'd never seen one, as I don't like mornings really. I don't open my eyes til I've had coffee and am at my desk at work ( :shock: since I drive about 45 min to get here). ANyway, I love sunsets!! we have had some gorgeous ones lately.

KellyK
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Kelly, you must have missed my thread to you regarding your doggies.... do you have a maltesse? looks like one in your pics but wasn't sure.
OH! Sorry.....
Nope...Maddie is a Lhasa Apso.

tigger0229
11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
LOL, okay, I was close.
she's pretty.
we have a little maltesse that's about 2 months old now and he is sooo precious. soft as a kitten.

kemp
11-15-2005, 07:51 PM
I love your good mornings Tiggs!