PDA

View Full Version : Yargh!!!!

humblestumble
11-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Well, this is just a rant, but I started these fingerless gloves a while back and I frogged them and put the yarn in a bag. Well, I wanted to start them again since I'm a more experienced knitter now, and I can't find one set of metal DPNs that I need for them, and I can't find the second ball of yarn! I found one ball in the bag that they were put in.

Well, we went through a hurricane scare and packed a lot of stuff and my yarn bin was used, so I threw all my yarn in the closet. I looked in the closet (not completely thoroughly) everywhere that I thought it would be. Well, I have yet to find those DPNs or the other ball of yarn - damnit!

Anyway...enough of my rant...rah.

Ellen Edwards
11-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Oooh!! I can imagine how upset you must be!! I hate when that happens!! Have you checked at taraknits.com for some used double points?? She really came through for me!! She has sets of dps--plastic and metal for as little as $3-something!! SHe ships it free and fast and she's a great person who is a knittinghelp friend!!

I want to knit fingerless gloves for my 14- year-old grandson for Christmas--he's begged me for them. I wonder if it'll be so very hard!! I don't worry about the ribbing and up to the fingers--but THEN, I don't know!! Have you got a good pattern tha :blush: t's free??

humblestumble
11-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Actually, my problem is that I'm obsessive over it lol. It's not so much that I lost them, it's that I'm wondering "Where the heck can they be?" I do have other DPNs of the same size, but plastic and I have a ball of yarn I can use which is identical, but it's bugging me that the yarn/needles aren't where I saw them last.

Thanks :) I'm just :?? about it, because it doesn't make any sense that it's not in the bag the other yarn ball was in, and that the needles weren't in the ziploc bag that I keep all my notions in.

kitkat
11-17-2005, 10:48 AM
See my post on this same question (patterns for fingerless mitts).
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5504

Humble I am so hoping your yarn shows up. Do you have a kitty, puppy or kids? Sometimes they take these things too! Hate when something disappears!

humblestumble
11-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Yea, I have 3 cats in my room, but my yarn is always in the closet or my bin...it's a mystery lol.

I hope it turns up along with those needles :)

I'll check out your thred :)

Ellen Edwards
11-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Angela--I was just noticing all the artisctic things you are doing along with knitting!! You are a very busy lady--and the portrait of your parents is really nicely done!! I checked your site--hope you don't mind.. I don't know how you get everything done!

humblestumble
11-19-2005, 01:16 AM
Thanks! I don't mind at all :) I just graduated high school and am waiting until Dec 6th to begin massage therapy school to become a masseuse, so I have loads of free time and have since I got out of school! And really, I've been procrastinating a lot :oops: But lately I have been getting things done within a reasonable amount of time. I also did swaps on Craftster.org...those took up a lot of my time.