PDA

View Full Version : Yarn question...

Totalele
11-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Two frinds just had baby girls and I thought of knitting them a hat/booties combo.

The thing is, I'm worried about knitting in natural wool, because I don't know if the babies are allergic to it.. (I know a few people there are..)

So, I decided to use acrylic, but they all seems so rough... Do you guys have any acrylics for baby clothing that you recommend?

I heard of Encore, but I'm not sure how soft really is...

TIA!! :heart: :heart:

brendajos
11-17-2005, 12:11 AM
nah i don't think encore is baby soft. did you look at TLC? or Caron Simply Soft?

Totalele
11-17-2005, 12:30 AM
I do have a Caron here at home, but is yellow... :crying: It seems soft but I haven't actually knitted anything with it, kwim?

What's the best place online to get acrylics?

Ingrid
11-17-2005, 08:55 AM
I've used Encore for baby sweaters and it is soft, but not sooooooft. There are cotton blends that are nice and soft. Baby yarn is acrylic/nylon and it is also soft. I think that washability is a big factor, too. Maybe you should go to the store and just feel them all and see what appeals to you.

Ingrid
11-17-2005, 08:56 AM
I've used Encore for baby sweaters and it is soft, but not sooooooft. There are cotton blends that are nice and soft. Baby yarn is acrylic/nylon and it is also soft. I think that washability is a big factor, too. Maybe you should go to the store and just feel them all and see what appeals to you.