PDA

View Full Version : Rebecca's WIPs

rebecca
11-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Okay, when I 1st saw the new thread I didn't post correctly, I was all about it's a cool idea..and it IS :thumbsup:

KitKat, I am using SouthWest Trading Company's Karaoke yarn for my clapotis. It's very cool 50/50 wool/soysilk!

I've had to stop knitting my clapotis (right before completion :shock: )bc I ran out of yarn :doh: ! The yarn should be here tomorrow, it was supposed to be here this past Monday! But, since it didn't arrive I cast on my the next scarf from my project list which is "Branching Out" from Scarf Style. I have ideas for a hat & the fingerless gloves going around in my mind as I knit this scarf...YAY :D! I am using knitpicks' WOTA in fern.

Here we have clapotis from day 1 to day 4, when I ran out of yarn :shock:
DAY ONE
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/2005%20a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000453.jpg
DAY FOUR
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/2005%20a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000465.jpg

BACKYARD LEAVES....the beginning ;)
EDIT on 11-23 oops....frogged it & deleted photo...to be continued later this week ;)
http://photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/

Ingrid
11-17-2005, 05:53 PM
That Clapotis is just so beautiful!!! Two things at once? I read that you had to do that. Is there nothing I can depend on anymore?! :rofling:

Jivewhistle
11-17-2005, 05:56 PM
They are both beautiful! :thumbsup:

rebecca
11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
That Clapotis is just so beautiful!!! Two things at once? I read that you had to do that. Is there nothing I can depend on anymore?! :rofling:

LOL, that is one of my 'firsts' for the KAL! The only reason that I have more than one WIP is because I ran out of yarn on my clapotis & I had ordered some yarn last week (paid for priority mail, I might add!) so that I would have the yarn here when I finished the clapotis & I would be ready to begin the hat & gloves to match. WELL... :shock: I ran out of yarn for the 1st time ever, which was gonna be okay, bc my yarn was supposed to be here Monday & I ran out Sunday...but my yarn won't be here until FRIDAY!! So, I hat to knit, right?! LOL, I spent Sunday learning to knit 2 small circular items on 2 circs (for upcoming gloves and another 1st for Nov KAL!) and I just had to, really had to knit, so last night I cast on Backyard Leaves...thus, the story of why the MONOGAMOUS knitter has a little on the side ;)

Ingrid
11-17-2005, 06:10 PM
I cheat on ALL my projects, so a little straying to prevent withdrawal is acceptable. ;)

Silver
11-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Drooool. I love that yarn for Clapotis. It's gorgeous.

kemp
11-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to see them finished.

rebecca
11-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Thank ya'll all so much :D ! It's really fun to knit :D . I just :frog: the beginnings of the Backyard Leaves bc I was just not happy with the look of it with 8's, so I changed to 7's (as the pattern calls for :doh: ) & I believe I will be happier...if not, I will :frog: it until I am ;) ! Anyway, I must abandon it for my Clapotis & accessories when the yarn arrives on Friday.. :cheering: :cheering: so I will have it to wear for Thanksgiving ;)

KellyK
11-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Those colors on your Clapotis are REALLY KILLIN me with the GORGEOSITY!! :heart:

Jouf
11-17-2005, 09:09 PM
I love the colors! Am I the only one that had to study and study to figure out how the heck day 1 became day 4?? I was soooo confused. Finally decided day 1 just LOOKED bigger. Wait. Don't tell me if I was the only one. I don't want to know.

rebecca
11-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks everyone!
Jouf...LOL, I am thinking it's the way I cropped the photos, etc...had to stand much further away to get a photo as it got bigger...that's why I put the mouse on it...LOL...but u r so right :roflhard: :rofling:

usamacka
11-17-2005, 10:38 PM
What is a clapotis?

dustinac
11-17-2005, 10:45 PM
:cheering: So pretty!! I love them both really like the backyard leaves I love the leaf look!! :thumbsup:

KellyK
11-18-2005, 12:00 AM
What is a clapotis?
That's the name of the pattern...can be found on knitty.com. :thumbsup:

DotMom61
11-18-2005, 01:26 AM
Rebecca --

Both of the projects are gorgeous. I've been drooling over that Backyard Leaves pattern, and I *love* seeing the Karaoke knit up ... it's beautamous!

rebecca
11-18-2005, 01:36 PM
:D Thanks everyone, you are all too sweet! I'm having loads of fun with each! Although I've ripped 'Backyard Leaves' a couple of times bc I wasn't happy with the st defintion, but I think I've got it going now, just in time for my yarn to be here to finish the clapotis & accessories...LOL! I do now know that I will be looking forward to continuing the work on 'Backyard Leaves'...and making hat & gloves to go with it, too ;) !

usamacka, a clapotis (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html) is the type of shawl/scarf that is worn by many of the ladies in France where it is my understanding, that they would never leave home without some type of scarf, no matter the time of year! Sounds wonderful to me bc I LOVE :heart: scarves & shawls ;)

kemp
11-18-2005, 02:27 PM
I think that is really true. When we went to Paris, it seemed like every woman I passed was wearing a scarf.

rebecca
11-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Kemp, u r just a traveling girl :D

ahh, I feel as though my knitting world is back to the way it should be since I just received my yarn & can finish my clapotis & accessories, then I can fully concentrate on Backyard Leaves of which I frogged bc I still wasn't happy with the st definition...all will be well when I can give it my undivided attention after completing the clapotis ensemble ;)

rebecca
11-19-2005, 12:39 AM
UPDATE :D
Since receiving my yarn today I completed my clapotis this evening :D I have a couple of pics pre-blocking. I was contemplating not blocking it, as some people have said they prefer it unblocked...I'm gonna have to block :thumbsup: ! I won't be able to block it until Monday when MIL goes home so that I will have the bed that she sleeps on for blocking :shock: ..it's quite large AND warm, I'm wearing it draped around my shoulders as I post ;)
I used 6 and about 1/8 of the 7th skein of SWTC Karaoke yarn using size 8 needles.
I'm so EXCITED :cheering: :cheering: ...I will cast on for the hat tomorrow :D !

Clapotis...day 5/day of completion

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/2005%20a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000499.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/2005%20a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000496.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/

jessi_9783
11-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Rebecca, it's beautiful. I love the yarn. It's so pretty.

javede
11-19-2005, 02:59 AM
See, you're a fast :XX: too!
Looks great :thumbsup:

rebecca
11-19-2005, 02:04 PM
:D thanks ;) ............I'm off to knit the hat!

Carol_OH
11-19-2005, 02:26 PM
:happydance: beautiful - and cannot wait to see the hat (I love them hats, sure do!!!)

rebecca
11-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks and.....Get on outta here, Carol...YOU, you, the Carol we know & love...you love hats?! WHO KNEW ;)

Ingrid
11-19-2005, 08:01 PM
I ordered some of that yarn. I HAD to have it.

rebecca
11-19-2005, 10:19 PM
I ordered some of that yarn. I HAD to have it.

I KNOW :shock: ...it calls to you...'buy me, you will love me...buy me now, buy me' Then after you've made this purchase u will see it again & see new and/or different colors and it begins again 'becka, u forgot me...buy me...try me...hey...try me...I'm made of bamboo'
I'm easy :eyebrow: when it comes to this SWTC yarn and, of course...with my beloved knitpicks!!!...SWTC (kpixie)/knitpicks yarn ho...I ahem..meant Connoisseur ;)

Ingrid
11-19-2005, 10:22 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: So true, so true!

rebecca
11-19-2005, 10:42 PM
LOL, at least I know another person that will admit that she 'hears' yarn :roflhard: :rofling:

Ingrid
11-19-2005, 10:47 PM
I think that there are several of us around here waiting for yarn to tell us what to make with it. I may just put the Karaoke in a basket on the dining room table at first, so all who enter can appreciate it's loveliness.

And know that I'm weird.

rebecca
11-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Oh, I so agree, Ingrid!! Where did u get it, if I may ask. And what color?! Do you have any idea what you are going to make, or are u going to let it 'advise' you, as is often done ;)

Ingrid
11-19-2005, 11:12 PM
I looked at knitpixie, but they didn't have any Mermaid listed, so, assuming they were out of stock, I found it at www.onefineyarn.com

I've dealt with them before, and was pleased.

I really don't know what I'll make. Somewhere in looking around I saw a cabled scarf with it and it was gorgeous, too.

I'll look at it, and hold it. Who knows? Maybe I'll love it so much I'll splurge some more and make a sweater with it. Wouldn't that be lovely?

:figureditout: Everyone is asking me what I want for Christmas! What could be easier! :happydance:

rebecca
11-20-2005, 07:52 PM
I was SO BUMMED when I had to order my yarn when I decided to do the hat & gloves & popped over to kpixie only to find them out of the color!! Oh, I have seen a stunning cabled scarf online, this one (http://www.kpixie.com/catalog/images/karaoke278-knitted.jpg) actually, but I saw it on a blog before I saw it on kpixie and for the life of me can't remember the blog...because I want THAT pattern for my next karaoke scarf in I don't know which color...but I do know that pattern :thumbsup: !!!
EDIT...I am well on the way to knitting the clapotis hat, it's fun, too :cheering: :cheering:

Ingrid
11-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Yep! That's the one I fell in love with. I imagine that cable is available in a stitch dictionary or on a sweater pattern somewhere. I'm liking the idea of a sweater more and more, though.

rebecca
11-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Oh yeah, that would be a very nice sweater, too :D ! Let me know if u find this cable & write the pattern...LOL, I want it ;) I've got so much cabling to do with Lonnie's scarf that I am using SWTC's Phoenix yarn that he got for me when we were in Charleston & doing the cable scarf in Scarf Style, it can be seen here (http://www.knitpicks.com/books/books_display.aspx?itemid=30529#) on the 1st page, upper left on a girl, but I like the cable pattern & so does he & he said he doesn't want it until after Christmas...he's so sweet :inlove: ....I know he said that bc I'm in the middle of doing stuff for me...and I'm so spoiled ;)
I take that back, it's not 'so much cabling'...there's no such thing for my :heart: baby ;)

Ingrid
11-21-2005, 12:07 AM
I thought of making that scarf for my son at one point--definitely not gender specific, but a lot of work for a scarf that will be on the floor of the car most of the time! :rofling: At least the one I am making is machine washable. :rollseyes: and he might respect it since it's got KungFu stuff on it. Worth a shot, anyway.

Ellen Edwards
11-21-2005, 04:03 AM
MUST.HAVE. KARAOKE!!! :??

kemp
11-21-2005, 09:09 AM
The claptios looks great! Love those colors.

The cable you guys have been talking about is great. Last time Hobby Lobby had 1/2 off knitting stuff, I got the 365 knit stitches calendar. I'll look in there to see if I find something similar.

KellyK
11-21-2005, 09:15 AM
That calendar is AWESOME!!!

rebecca
11-21-2005, 01:00 PM
I love that calendar, too...use it ALL OF THE TIME!! I was thinking of doing the same thing with the cable....LOL ;) ! I fell asleep :zzz: last night looking through it for something to do on the cuffs of my fingerless gloves...I even 'knit' myself to sleep :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

rebecca
11-23-2005, 06:34 PM
I didn't find the cuffs to do my fingerless gloves in that calendar like I thought I was...but I found it in Knitter's Bible.
But, I'm here to chat about the original Clapotis and OMGOODNESS :shock: I had NO idea that it would grow so much when I blocked it (I just remembered that I forgot to put the mouse on it for size comparison when I took a photo :doh: again) anyway...I think u will get the general idea, it's now about as long as the day bed we have in an extra room and it's at least 2 inches wider...YAY!! Get all the inches I can out of that yarn ;) Yeah, I should have blocked this days earlier, I forgot, I don't know if it will be dry enough tomorrow to wear...oops!

Clapotis a-blockin'

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/2005%20a%20few%20knitting%20projects/IM000530.jpg

And....clapotis looking 8-) cool 8-)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Beauty%20of%20Clapotis/IM000536.jpg

And pretty
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Beauty%20of%20Clapotis/IM000537.jpg

I took so many pics of it looking pretty I started a whole "beauty of clapotis" album @ my www!!
Now...I'm off to frantically knit matching fingerless gloves...tonight?

KellyK
11-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Yer so SILLY, Becca! :rofling:

I thought I remembered that pattern making kindof a diagonal scarf?? :??

Ingrid
11-23-2005, 08:13 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

rebecca
11-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Yer so SILLY, Becca! :rofling:

I thought I remembered that pattern making kindof a diagonal scarf?? :??

YA HAD TO POINT IT OUT, DIDN'T YA :shock: ?! OMGoodness, I don't know what to do, it is diagonal, I knew it was diagonal, but I didn't block it that way....I'm off to reblock...............thanks (I think ;) )

Jan in CA
11-23-2005, 10:46 PM
That's so pretty, Rebecca! You know, this picture might look really awesome frames with a mat!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Beauty%20of%20Clapotis/IM000537.jpg

rebecca
11-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks Jan, I took a bunch of up close & personal pics of it with & without flash....u can see them @ my www under 'beauty of clapotis' album.

Okay, KK, I looked around at a bunch of clapotis (es?) on the net & none of them are blocked diagonally...I'm so glad bc it's blocking now & it was gonna be oh, so difficult to reblock diagonally as in the photo schematic on the clapotis site on Knitty. So, perhaps when I wash it I will try the diagonal block ;)