PDA

View Full Version : it's FRIDAY!!!!

tigger0229
11-18-2005, 09:57 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
no knitting for me last night.
and didn't bring to work as I'm going out at lunch.
But tonight I'm hoping to get back to the sweater.
I did get it unraveled and back on the needles to the point I wanted in the body, so I am set to go!

Ingrid
11-18-2005, 10:01 AM
I took today off because I'm *sick*. Couldn't face another day and my house is a mess and I can't stand it here, either.

tigger0229
11-18-2005, 10:04 AM
you lucky dog. I would love to be home today!
oh well, i'll soon be off for the holidays.

dustinac
11-18-2005, 10:10 AM
:cheering: Yeahhh dh will be home the next 2 days!! Although he is going to an OSU/Michigan Party in Columbus tomorrow soo it will be like he is at work :??

kemp
11-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Oh Ingrid...&*^$% the house! KNIT!

susies1955
11-18-2005, 10:11 AM
I took today off because I'm *sick*.
Ingrid,
Sorry to hear you are sick. Get better real soon,
Susie

Ingrid
11-18-2005, 10:13 AM
*sick* means not-sick-just-need-to-take-a-day-off :oo:

But thanks for the good wishes, I may need them before the day is through.

susies1955
11-18-2005, 10:17 AM
*sick* means not sick eh? Gosh, is everything like a newbie reading a pattern around here????? LOL.
Well, if you took the day off and you are NOT SICK then clean up that mess. LOL.........You know I mean that in the nicest of ways. :)
Susie

Ingrid
11-18-2005, 10:18 AM
I feel like I need somebody to crack a whip! I keep finding myself already thinking 'well, the weekend is coming. . . .' Once I get started in earnest, it'll get done. Just need more coffee.

susies1955
11-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Ingrid,
OK, ONE more cup of coffee and then "HAVE AT IT". LOL,
Susie

tigger0229
11-18-2005, 10:43 AM
dustina, our big game is the Alabama/Auburn game. it's HUGE here, so everyone will be partying and watching etc.
ROLL TIDE!

bubba
11-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Better than being Friday, it's my last day of work before vacation!!!

WOO-HOO!!!!!

I don't come back to work for seven weeks...three of which I'll be in Hawaii!!! (30th anniversary/Christmas).....

And to start off my vacation, my grandson, who is 10.5 will be coming up next Wednesday for a five day visit, by himself. The only bad part (and is it really that bad) is all day next Saturday is my knitting class with Cat Bordhi herself!!! I am beside myself w/anticipation!!!

This is a very good Friday indeed!

pat.

Jan in CA
11-18-2005, 12:55 PM
*sick* means not-sick-just-need-to-take-a-day-off :oo:

AKA "Mental Health Day"

My husband used to call work and tell them he had "the 24 hour plague"...I think they were on to him. :roflhard:

tigger0229
11-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Pat that is wonderful!!!!!
congrats on your anniversary too.
are you taking knitting with you?

bubba
11-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Tigger,
Maybe on the plane and possibly for the room late at night, but I have not decided for certain yet. I do know they have three yarn shops there!!! :D

pat....waiting for 11/26 to get here!

humblestumble
11-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Congrats bubba! :shock: :happydance:

Clean that house Ingrid! I cleaned my room yesterday somewhat...and it's kinda like my "house". I couldnt stand it either.

Ingrid
11-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Kitchen, two bathrooms, diningroom floor, laundry in progress--getting there! ;)

margie
11-18-2005, 03:45 PM
:cheering: Yeahhh dh will be home the next 2 days!! Although he is going to an OSU/Michigan Party in Columbus tomorrow soo it will be like he is at work :??

oooooo, I won't tell my DH that- he'd love to be in Columbus tomorrow. GO BUCKS!!! We are having a suprise party for my grandmother's 90th birthday tomorrow- at gametime. I told him he could sneak out and find a TV somewhere!! ;)

MaryS
11-18-2005, 05:22 PM
OK all,

I graduated from the University of Michigan, my oldest DD graduated from Ohio State, football party at my house tomorrow, aaannnnddd:

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!

and go Michigan State

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Mary

Jan in CA
11-18-2005, 07:12 PM
OK all,

I graduated from the University of Michigan,

My daughter is in graduate school at the University of Michigan. :) She'll be at the game this weekend! :cheering:

Arugula
11-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Dh started puking last night so I am the only one left who hasn't gotten sick yet. If the trend holds, I'll be hurling around midnight tonight. I am hoping I won't get it, lots of times the kids and dh get sick and I don't. But I am getting tired, being up in the middle of the night for some reason most of this week.

Ro's mittens came out cute and I am so proud of myself for trying. The capelet is taking a long time and I am not that patient when it is hard to see progress but it'll get there and the first thing I am knitting for myself.

Tried to teach a friend to knit today and either I am a horrible teacher or she isn't an apt student. Either way it didn't go well and I feel bad. I told her to come here, I hope she does!

Oh, and if I don't get sick tonight I am picking my mom up at the airport in Denver at 6:30 am!! It's about 1 hr 25 min from here but she loves to see the kiddos when she gets off the long flight from Alaska and the kids love the trip to go get Grandma. We are all really excited, please don't get sick, please don't get sick, please don't get sick, please don't get sick!!

dustinac
11-18-2005, 08:36 PM
LOL well dh is going to an OSU party but he is cheering for Michigan.. last year he didn't go and would call them everytime Michigan scored and played their fight song when they said hello.. :thinking: I think they thought it was safer to have him there with them this year :??

kitkat
11-18-2005, 09:20 PM
This is a weekend I....JUST......NEED.....TO......BREATHE......on... ..my sons' high school boys soccer banquet on Sunday night and YKW is one of two moms who did it all......I have tons to do tomorrow and Sunday with respect to that, AND, somehow I am the bagel beeyatch for the swim team tomorrow morning and no other parents were willing to go down and give them their breakfast (60 kids on this team and we have like 10 involved parents).....so on my way now to get the bagels and I just wannna work on a mindless scarf!!!