PDA

View Full Version : knitpicks order still not received

tigger0229
11-21-2005, 09:47 AM
I guess the "best way" they sent it must be by donkey. Hopefully within the next week I'll see a delivery person on a donkey ride up with my order!! it's been 11 days since it was shipped. :rollseyes: :rollseyes:
I mean free delivery is fine, but not if it takes this long!!

dustinac
11-21-2005, 09:49 AM
I hope you get it soon!! Don't ya hate when you have something coming and your anxious to get it but then it takes forever!! LOL I'm not sure what your suppose to wait cause I live in OH where its shipped so I get mine fairly quickly... :thinking:

tigger0229
11-21-2005, 09:54 AM
I know, you'd think I've got enough but i want it to GET HERE lol.
just for the fun of seeing the diff stuff I ordered. Hmm, kind of forgotten now what I did order. :rofling:

hedgehog
11-21-2005, 10:20 AM
I know what you mean... I ordered mine on Nov 6th and it shipped on Nov 8th and it's STILL not here on the 21st!!

We're not even in the Christmas postal rush... :(

Not a happy hedgehog... :verysad:

-hh

tigger0229
11-21-2005, 10:23 AM
hedgehog, I ordered on the 9th and it shipped (or put on the donkey) on the 10th!! That darn donkey must have taken a wrong turn!
:roflhard:

brendajos
11-21-2005, 10:59 AM
isn't the free delivery something like 10-14 days? if that is the case you could be getting your packages anytime between today and next week ya know. i have NOOOOO patience for that kinda delivery! whenever i have let them pick the delivery time it has taken me forever to get my packages and seriously, Omaha is NOT that far from anywhere when it comes to delivery! I usually take the three day delivery when i qualify for the free shipping. Only costs about $7 then...i can accept that for a delivery charge! :thumbsup:

tigger0229
11-21-2005, 11:09 AM
next time I will pick a qucker delivery with them.
I get free delivery from Books a Million and it comes UPS within 2 days.
I got free delivery with Yarn Market and got it within 5 days.
i guess each place differs.

jodstr2
11-21-2005, 11:10 AM
I chose "best way" or whatever the lowest cost was for my last order, which was a book. I think it took 12 days.

for yarn, I always get 3-day. I want to make sure I know when it's arriving, because I don't want stuff left at my front door.

Silver
11-21-2005, 11:28 AM
That's why I skip the free shipping and just pay for priority. I have NO patience either when waiting for yarn. lol

tigger0229
11-21-2005, 11:32 AM
i will do the same kristin next time I order.
at least with KP.

rebecca
11-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Ahhhh....the holidays and our USPS, they only have billions of things to send....BUT...OUR KNITTING STUFF SHOULD BE 1ST ;)

brendajos
11-21-2005, 12:22 PM
the holidays aren't the issue with their free delivery. some people may get theirs super quick but it is starting to sound like more and more people are getting theirs superslow instead!

mebbe they are being delivered by the cowboy munkey! heh

feministmama
11-21-2005, 01:13 PM
My KP orders take a while too. I usually forget about it and then voila! What's this? A package?? for me? Yeah! :cheering:

KellyK
11-21-2005, 01:14 PM
It seems to me that the further west you are, the longer it takes... :??

Angelia
11-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Don't even get me started on KP and the free shipping!

Well, I ordered some goodies early in the month; the package shipped on the 4th and is still not here. They processed a re-order for me on Friday (the day after the 14 day window they allow). I don't know if the re-order has shipped or not; I haven't received any notification.

It's very frustrating!

MaryS
11-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Hope a good story won't make everyone who's waiting even more jumpy.

I placed the order last Tuesday at KP, and it came in Saturday's mail.
I'm in the Detroit area and I know they ship from Ohio, so that may be why mine came so fast. I had both yarn and a couple books in the order, and had it shipped by their "best way".

Maybe my donkey had won the Donkey Derby! :?? Or maybe there's too many wonderful sights to see between Ohio and Alabama? :thinking:

Hope all your orders come SOOOOON!!!!!!!!

Happy Knitting (when you get the yarn) :XX: :XX:

Mary

Sara
11-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Or the USPS had a little trouble distinguishing ALabama from AlasKa from ARkansas. Your yarn may be pretty well traveled by now. :rollseyes:

hedgehog
11-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Hmm... i'm on the East Coast and not too far.. I mean, heck, it only takes me 7.5 hours to drive to Ohio myself!!

Sheesh! Do they do pick-up orders?? :)

-hh

Angelia
11-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Or the USPS had a little trouble distinguishing ALabama from AlasKa from ARkansas. Your yarn may be pretty well traveled by now. :rollseyes:

Maybe so...I just received email notification that the re-order shipped.

Maybe it will be here by Christmas.

HH, I'm only 8 or so hours from there myself. It is tempting to drive :)

tigger0229
11-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Mary and Sara, ya'll are too funny!

ebrperk
11-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Mine usually gets here pretty quick. Both times I have ordered so far it came the same week that I ordered it. It took longer for me to get stuff from Knittingzone.com

Robin

hedgehog
11-22-2005, 11:49 PM
*sniff* *sniff* :help:

Not in today's mail either...

*sniff* :verysad:

-hh

Angelia
11-22-2005, 11:53 PM
*sniff* *sniff* :help:

Not in today's mail either...

*sniff* :verysad:

-hh

I feel your pain!! *hugs* :heart:

Mine is still somewhere, too...lonely...scared... :verysad:
I don't even bother rushing to the mailbox anymore.

JessicaR
11-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Oh no, don't say this. I just got my confirmation E mail today that my order shipped out and the yarn is for Christmas presents!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-23-2005, 05:35 AM
have you guys called them????? I've NEVER had a problem with knitpicks... in fact, the last 2 orders I got from them came earlier than i expected. You should have gotton a confirmation email; check out the customer number anr order number and give them a call... it must be some oversight.

Angelia
11-23-2005, 08:21 AM
have you guys called them????? I've NEVER had a problem with knitpicks... in fact, the last 2 orders I got from them came earlier than i expected. You should have gotton a confirmation email; check out the customer number anr order number and give them a call... it must be some oversight.

I have gotten shipping confirmation emails. My original order shipped on the 4th, then was never seen again. I called Friday, and they re-shipped the order on Monday. I might get the re-ship as early as Friday, most likely Saturday.

I really wanted to use Thanksgiving Break to work on the clogs and booga so that I'd know whether to make gifties of either or both of them (and have time to order more yarn for said gifties). Now, though, I won't have a gap of free time like this again until after Dec. 16, when I'll finish grading the last set of final exams.... :verysad:

Clabbergirl
11-23-2005, 10:39 AM
My one order with Knitpicks took about 9 days to get to me, and yes it was the free shipping option. This is longer than any other retailer's free option, like when I buy books, etc., but I wasn't in a super rush for it other than just self-gratification so I could stand it.

They can't send the free shipping too quick, however, or there'd be no incentive for any of us to pay for the priority s & h.

I just want my catalog! It's been over a month and still no catalog... :(

hedgehog
11-23-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm calling today...

It's still not here and that's simply too long. I ordered on the 6th, it shipped on the 8th. We're now at the 22nd - that's 16 days past ordering and the Post Office isn't open tomorrow. :( I'll never do the free shipping again.

Like Angelia, this was my only free time before the big crush of grading comes along. :(

boo... not happy.

-hh

tigger0229
11-23-2005, 02:25 PM
call hh, it may be lost in transit.

Angelia
11-23-2005, 03:48 PM
HH: Call them.

Since you're past the 14 day shipping window, they'll put together the replacement order tout de suite. (They're really nice about it, too.)

It's still frustrating, though.

Ellen Edwards
11-24-2005, 01:18 PM
You know, when you pay the over $30 just to GET the free shipping at times, it seems you wouldn't need any more incentive !! I think they should make it clear that it'll be on a slow boat to CHINA (or by way of it), before you get your "freely shipped order" !! :shock:

If I want to get something in just a few days, I go ahead and pay the extra to get it--if I'm not in a BIG hurry for the yarn--say it's just sock yarn for my SIS-IL's Christmas present--well, hey, I can wait!! ;)

hedgehog
11-25-2005, 01:13 PM
:verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

Well, the story only gets worse.

I did call them and they said that their computers were down so they couldn't figure out what had happened - if it had been lost, where it was, etc..) They said they'd replace it but that since their computers were down they couldn't even BEGIN to reprocess it until MONDAY!! Which means that it won't be delivered until the END OF NEXT WEEK AT THE EARLIEST! :shock:

It's going a a PO Box for crimeny's sake - it's not like they tried to deliver it and failed or it was stolen. :evil:

I'm extremely disappointed. The fact that it was lost was irritating, but the fact that they're making me wait further to rememdy it is really making me unhappy. I think i'll write an email to someone outside of customer service.

So much for getting a good head start on my Christmas stuff. :verysad:
-hh

brendajos
11-25-2005, 01:19 PM
well that stinks but i have a feeling that at this point it really is out of their control. i don't think anybody has been able to log into Knitpicks all day today. (i am a lot more patient when it isn't my stuff! :rollseyes: )

mebbe they will put a special prize in there for you for having to wait! ;)

KellyK
11-25-2005, 01:22 PM
You might mention your extreme and sad disappointment during your next call.....

Angelia
11-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Oh hh, I'm so sorry that you have to wait even longer!! *hugs*

You might mention your extreme and sad disappointment during your next call.....

They don't care. At least the person I talked to didn't. All I got was an irritated "hm!" And it's not really KP that you talk to anyway; it's some yarn/craft conglomerate.

:evil:

And no special prizes, either. When I did my re-order, I decided to throw in some sock yarn. "Well, of course you'll be charged for that," she said to me in the most prickly way possible. :shock: I didn't ask for her NOT to charge me for it. The cheek!

Of course she could have offered to throw in freaking discount coupon or something, but noooo.

Grrr.

Jan in CA
11-25-2005, 02:19 PM
:shock: Arggghh... Now you're all scaring me. The just sent my order on Wed. Hope I have better luck!

InterNette
11-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Mine took some time also, but found UPS stuck it in the garage and I never knew it, check around UPS does some really dumb things sometimes. One driver left a friends box that had to be signed for under her porch and the4 signature the driver signed for was Mr.Under Porch, what a mess locating and finding out what he did with it.

Angelia
11-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Has yours arrived, Jan? Mine shipped last Monday (whatever that date was) and arrived today. The re-ship, that is, not the original order. I've no clue what happened to that one. :rollseyes:

But I am so relieved. I was worried that I lived in some kind of yarn black hole or something! :shock:

Jan in CA
11-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Has yours arrived, Jan? Mine shipped last Monday (whatever that date was) and arrived today. The re-ship, that is, not the original order. I've no clue what happened to that one. :rollseyes:

But I am so relieved. I was worried that I lived in some kind of yarn black hole or something! :shock:

Good for you finally! Mine was shipped the day before Thanksgiving so in reality it's like it shipped yesterday I suppose since it was a holiday weekend. Ugh... :rollseyes:

amy
11-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Angela, glad you got yours finally! Gosh, these are long waits for packages!

Well, once it's shipped, it's the shipper's fault if it's slow, right? As long as it's a decent shipping option, you can't blame KP if it's held up by the shipper.

Is it UPS, as Anette says? UPS ground usually takes a week, coast to coast, although it might be a bit slower this time of year. Try calling UPS, and see if they're holding a package for you. Sometimes they'll try to deliver, and if it's bad weather or something, they won't leave it outside to get rained on, and delivery is delayed.

charmed
11-29-2005, 03:33 PM
I usually get my orders from kp very quickly, but I'm pretty close (MD). I did just have to call them because one of the patterns I ordered wasn't in the bag. The person I spoke to told me to go look under the box flaps (I already had) and then told me I 'must not have ordered it!" Grrr. I had the invoice in my hand when I was speaking to her, and it was right there. She did agree to send a new one, once she'd confirmed that I'd already paid for it, but her attitude throughout was that I must be at fault somehow. Unpleasant!

amy
11-29-2005, 03:39 PM
That's not good.

Angelia
11-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Angela, glad you got yours finally! Gosh, these are long waits for packages!

Well, once it's shipped, it's the shipper's fault if it's slow, right? As long as it's a decent shipping option, you can't blame KP if it's held up by the shipper.

Is it UPS, as Anette says? UPS ground usually takes a week, coast to coast, although it might be a bit slower this time of year. Try calling UPS, and see if they're holding a package for you. Sometimes they'll try to deliver, and if it's bad weather or something, they won't leave it outside to get rained on, and delivery is delayed.

Mine was shipped USPS. I'll request 2 or 3 day shipping next time, which might make it arrive more quickly, and it might be tracked more accurately. When I called the post office regarding the first package, I was told that companies now use electronic manifests; those arrive at distribution points without the actual packages. Thus a destination may have recorded the package as arriving without its actually having arrived. It doesn't make sense to me, but she says it has become a very popular way of doing shipping--apparently when it works, it works much better than the "old" way...Of course, when it doesn't work, packages are just gone and there's no way to find out where they are. :shock: Such is the case with my first KP order.

Angelia
11-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I usually get my orders from kp very quickly, but I'm pretty close (MD). I did just have to call them because one of the patterns I ordered wasn't in the bag. The person I spoke to told me to go look under the box flaps (I already had) and then told me I 'must not have ordered it!" Grrr. I had the invoice in my hand when I was speaking to her, and it was right there. She did agree to send a new one, once she'd confirmed that I'd already paid for it, but her attitude throughout was that I must be at fault somehow. Unpleasant!

Ack! I talked to two different people in customer service there. One was really nice and helpful; the other was rather surly. I guess we spoke to the same one! :D I added sock yarn to the re-ship, and she went out of her way to ensure that I knew I had to pay for it. :shock:

hedgehog
11-29-2005, 04:41 PM
When i called KP they weren't that great at customer service either. They made it seem like somehow I overlooked it or was perhaps lying. "Did you check around the porch?", she said... I was like, "Um, no because it's being sent to a PO Box which you can see from my order form. The Post Office would have held it for me!" (I had this same ordeal from another company that i ordered my 0000 sized needles from. That was OVER two weeks ago. More about that later when i'm finished dealing with the company - don't want to slam them before seeing how the saga ends!)

KP said they'd ship my order again which means that, of course, my order came last saturday (the day after i talked to them). What a waste. Sheesh! I'm never doing that free-shipping thing again! :) I want to be able to track my precious stuff!!

-hh