PDA

View Full Version : Hey, that Scrunchable Scarf ...

Racerkatie
11-22-2005, 02:02 AM
I started with this pattern last night and with only 21 stiches, size 11 needles I have about 20 inches done already. I really like the texture. My husband said he thought it was cool, too, and I'd never have tried it had I not seen KellyK answer somebody's request for a picture of it. I'm using an acrylic scrap I had left-over from another project. Anybody done with with like a really soft something? Seems like this could be good for a blanket, too.

No progress on Dakota's stocking because I ran out of graph paper to work out the chart for her name.

KellyK
11-22-2005, 09:09 AM
OOH! I think it would be an AWESOME blanket!! Maybe with doubled yarn & big fat needles!!

SO glad you're likin the pattern....

MaryS
11-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Katie,

I did it in Crystal Palace Musique. It's a really soft, thick/thin, wool/cotton/acrylic mix in variegated colors. It came out wonderfully!!

It's a great scarf pattern. I :heart: :heart: :heart: it!

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

Ingrid
11-23-2005, 02:06 PM
I started with this pattern last night and with only 21 stiches, size 11 needles I have about 20 inches done already. I really like the texture. My husband said he thought it was cool, too, and I'd never have tried it had I not seen KellyK answer somebody's request for a picture of it. I'm using an acrylic scrap I had left-over from another project. Anybody done with with like a really soft something? Seems like this could be good for a blanket, too.

No progress on Dakota's stocking because I ran out of graph paper to work out the chart for her name.

If you google printable graph paper you get a lot of choices. You can get knitters graph paper, too.

Racerkatie
11-24-2005, 01:12 AM
oooohhhhhh, I gotta try that. It also occured to me I could do it in a spreadsheet. thanks all for the great ideas!

rebecca
11-24-2005, 02:34 AM
I so :heart: that scarf :heart:

knitqueen
11-24-2005, 11:00 PM
What's the scrunchable scarf pattern?

KellyK
11-24-2005, 11:26 PM
http://www.knitlist.com/96gift/giftsscarf.htm

HeatherFeather
11-25-2005, 07:33 AM
as I learned on that knitting show I can't stand to watch on DYI...

knitter's graph paper is a bit different than regular graph paper...It's more a rectangle than square to make up for the rectangleness of the knit stitch...