PDA

View Full Version : Need US 10, 11, 12 Circs in 40# or longer!

kdavies
11-22-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm partial to bamboo, but I'm not picky at the moment about brand. If anyone has any US 10, 11, or 12 circulars in 40" or longer, I'd love to work out a trade wtih you!

Thanks!
Kathy

kemp
11-23-2005, 04:37 PM
It might be less expensive for you to buy a set of Denise interchangeables and get the longer cord additionally for about $4.00 It has 10, 11, 13 and 15's in the set along with the smaller ones.

kdavies
11-23-2005, 08:22 PM
I've thought about that, but I really do prefer wood. Crystal Palace are my favorites.

I tried the Sister Bamboo circular set by Plymouth, but I have found the screw attachments to be delicate and can't use them with heavy wool, which is what I'm doing. I rarely use them anymore as they unscrew badly and I feel like I have to rescrew them every time I finish a round.

KellyK
11-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Denises have a VERY VERY similar feel to bamboo....I buy bamboos for any sizes not included in my Denises.

kdavies
11-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Denises have a VERY VERY similar feel to bamboo....I buy bamboos for any sizes not included in my Denises.

Are they? I should find a set and try them out. Maybe next time at the LYS I'll see if they have any.

But I can't buy something like that this close to Christmas...lol.

Kathy

feministmama
11-24-2005, 12:40 AM
So whaddare you making with all them needles?

kdavies
11-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Well, I've started making baskets to felt as Christmas presents for several people and have discovered that I have the needles for the smaller baskets, but they're really annoying to use for the larger ones, so I need longer lengths. I also have one or two that need larger needles.

They're knitting up so fast, though! I'm averaging one basket per day at this point, but I'll be stopping soon if I don't find some needles! :lol:

Kathy, knitting every minute of the day :XX:

Carol_OH
11-24-2005, 12:57 PM

Are they? I should find a set and try them out. Maybe next time at the LYS I'll see if they have any.

But I can't buy something like that this close to Christmas...lol.

Kathy

*shameless plug alert* you can always get your Denises HERE (http://www.taraknit.com)

:blush:

kdavies
11-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks! I added it to my wishlist.com list...if anyone clicks on the link, it will go to your website. :D

Kathy

jenniferd
11-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi Kathy!

Can you show us some of your baskets? Are you using patterns or have you made them up yourself? I love baskets, totes, bags...you name it, especially if you can felt it and I know I'd love to see them!

Jennifer

kdavies
11-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Sure! As soon as I get them felted, I'll post before and after pics. I'm using patterns from A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting by Cat Bordhi. They have mobius handles (that magic twist that makes the entire thing one surface, like when you cut a strip of paper, twist it and tape it together) and are just adorable when finished!

amy
11-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Kathy, you might like the Webs brand -- www.yarn.com ---of bamboo interchangeables. I have them, and I've read they have the feel of Crystal Palace bamboo needles, although I've not tried Crystal Palace myself so I can't confirm this. I wouldn't call the threaded join fragile on these, although I don't know if you can get that long a cable for them. On the other hand, you can certainly get away with a shorter cable than 40" for a felted basket project. In any case, the bamboo is very nice on these, and the case it comes in is quite cute, you can choose one of several patterns of fabric cases.

My only complaint about the Webs set is that the flat ends you can screw on the cable (too keep the knitting from falling off) don't stay on themselves, nevermind keep the knitting on! Don't know why they bothered putting them in the set, honestly, they're that lame. But they're minor, in terms of affected the knitting/quality of the set.

kdavies
11-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I had been told that the Webs set is made by Plymouth and is the same as the Sisters Set. I don't remember where I read that, though.