PDA

View Full Version : If you could only get one of EZ's books

Angelia
11-23-2005, 09:24 AM
from Santa, which would it be?

I'm making out my Christmas list for the dh, and I know I want (indeed, NEED) to read EZ, but I just don't know which to get first. I've got Knitting Without Tears on my list right now...is that a good one to start with?

Ingrid
11-23-2005, 09:57 AM
I have, I think, all of her books. Knitting without Tears is probably the best for how-to knitting. Her other books have knitting, and patterns, and lots of information for the construction of a sweater and the whole concept of making things without specific pattern. All her books have knitting specifics, of course, but her 'digressions' are so well written and entertaining--about her life--that they are all worth a read.

rebecca
11-23-2005, 01:32 PM
KNitting Workshop ;) That's the one on my list...but #1 on the list is the "A Knitting Glossary" DVD :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Lauri B
11-26-2005, 08:32 PM
My former all-time favorite (of EZ's or anyone else's) was Knitters Almanac, but it's been replaced by The Opinionated Knitter - it's absolutely fabulous. If I could only have one knitting book on a deserted island, that one would be it!

charmed
11-27-2005, 10:34 AM
My copy of EZ's Knitter's Almanac is the one I've used most, but I also really like Knitting Around. Knitting Without Tears is nice for the basics, and it does have basic instr. for a seamless sweater that I've used and adapted a lot, but it's actually my least favorite of the bunch.