PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Winter 04 Cast on hoody

humblestumble
11-24-2005, 01:00 PM
I have been knitting this sweater as some of you may seen and figured I'd put it here too.

Haven't knit much more lately, but I plan on doing so soon.

KellyK
11-24-2005, 02:26 PM
VERY nice! From whence dost thine pattern cometh? And, what yarn dost thou useth??

Vendie
11-24-2005, 02:31 PM
what, are we practicing our pilgrim speak KK?

Looks great humble! I like the green.

Ingrid
11-24-2005, 02:49 PM
what, are we practicing our pilgrim speak KK?

Looks great humble! I like the green.

Either that or she's gotten into the cooking wine! :rofling:

rebecca
11-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Loving the pattern....it 'looketh greateth' :roflhard: :rofling: Or, as I would say.... :heart: it, looks GAWGEOUS ;)

humblestumble
11-25-2005, 01:51 AM
It's from the Winter issue of Cast on magazine from last year. I really wanted to make it then, but am finally getting around to making it now.

Thanks guys lol, ya love the pilgrimish speak!

rebecca
11-25-2005, 02:34 AM
LOL, I buy knitting mags bc I may see one or two things that I want to knit, of course...that sure doesn't mean I'll knit them right away! I ordered the last winter Vogue to do the TO DIE FOR Rose Trellis bag...sometime in the future...LOL!
Loving the sweater, it will be gorgemous ;)

dustinac
11-25-2005, 08:15 AM
Looks very pretty!! Great job :thumbsup:

Carol_OH
11-25-2005, 11:29 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

humblestumble
11-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks! Yea, I have tons of mags and a list of things to do....I have yet to do any of them lol. I want the new Vogue just to knit a shawl type thing that's in there, and I dont know when I'd ever knit it.

Angelia
11-25-2005, 05:41 PM
That sweater is just gorgeous! I cannot wait to see it when it's complete. The color is fantastic, too--I loveth green!

humblestumble
11-27-2005, 01:36 AM
thanks, me too! I haven't worked on it yet today tho :oops: But I have worked on seaming the punkrock backpack! I just need to add the fronts, the zipper and the lining :) but I may work the hoody soon... *cross fingers*

humblestumble
11-27-2005, 06:06 PM
I'll probably post another in progress pic today... I'm almost done with the left side! :happydance:

kemp
11-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Very pretty! Can't wait to see what it looks like when you finish.

humblestumble
11-30-2005, 02:17 PM
I didnt get to post a pic yesterday of the progress, but maybe today :oops: I'm starting the second sleeve because I finished the first sleeve and the left side already :) It's gonna be huge on me though.

humblestumble
12-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Well, I started the second sleeve and I've included a pic of everything together so far plus the second sleeve progress (I have not seemed anything yet, I just placed it like it will be when I'm done)

Ingrid
12-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Coming along nicely!!

knitncook
12-01-2005, 12:09 PM
It looks so soft and cozy and warm. It's gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished.

Sascha
12-01-2005, 01:55 PM
I really like it so far

Tita
12-01-2005, 02:21 PM
WOWth (just thought I would continue the speach from the olden time!) I certainly don't have the patience you have! Wish I did I could be spitt'n out cool sweaters like that!

Major propth :cheering:

humblestumble
12-02-2005, 01:25 AM
thanks :) I finished the second sleeve tonight and started on the hood, I have about half the hood done (it's gonna look like a 'T') It seems to be taking forever! It's my first real stitch pattern too, so it doesn't seem so bad. I am really getting annoyed by the hood though because it's just knitting (garter st) and I have to measure it, not keep track of rows. The sleeves will go past my finger tips, but I like it that way, and then I will work on my fingerless gloves.

I knit pretty much nonstop today and I'm aching, so I don't know if I'll keep knitting tonight - as much as I want to get it done, I don't want to strain myself. I wish I knew some stretching techniques for knitters.

aprildavis99
12-02-2005, 06:40 AM
I don't know about stretches, but how about massages. You can have someone do a deep massage of your fingers, hands,and forearms with some pretty smelling lotion. I have a friend who used to be a manicurist and she did that for me tonight at work. Felt ooooooh sooooo goooood!

Rejuvenate those hands, and keep the winter itchies away at the same time! :thumbsup:

Tita
12-02-2005, 09:31 AM
No kidding, I was working on me fingerless gloves for my left hand and knitted for only like 20 minutes and my thumbs and wrist started to ache! But it's like what Dori said in Finding Nemo, "just keep swim'n..." So I just kept on.
:happydance:
I can't wiat to be done and it's just gloves. I can imagine how exciting it will be once you've finished a whole sweater! :cheering:

humblestumble
12-02-2005, 01:49 PM
I have some fingerless gloves to make too :) They're here with me :lol:

I've had my hands massaged before, whenever I go get a massage. I told my boyfriend to do it last night, and that made me feel somewhat better, but I decided just to take a break for the night. Well I woke up, and came here and I knit away until a few mins ago, because....

I finished knitting the sweater!!!!

I'll get a picture of all the peices as soon as I can find the camera, I'm just happy to be done KNITTING the darned thing...now I have to figure out how to sew in the sleeves and the hoody...And I still have to sew the "T" of the hoody together. There was actually some shaping in it, so it's not going to look like a square.

:happydance: :cheering: [/u][/i]

humblestumble
12-03-2005, 02:26 PM
I finished seaming the sweater, now I just need to weave in some ends! And add the zipper..

But, the sleeves are huge. I dont know how that happened because everything else seems to be fine. The sleeves go a hands length past my own hands. I'll get a picture as soon as I find the batteries to my camera

dustinac
12-04-2005, 12:35 PM
its looking good :thumbsup:

humblestumble
12-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks, I just 'finished' it, but I have to redo the sleeves some...bleh...

humblestumble
12-23-2005, 03:42 PM
I''ve ripped out the arms a litte, now I just need to attach them again :shock: I want to take this with me to Austin tomorrow because it's colder up there :D

rebecca
12-23-2005, 06:06 PM
I love it, are you gonna be finished in time?! I hope so :D :cheering:

margie
12-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Wow, Angela!! You are a super-fast knitter!! I think you may have set a speed record with this one! I love the sweater- it is beautiful. :thumbsup:

Freyja
12-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Love the green edged in black. How long do you think it will take you to zip it?

humblestumble
12-24-2005, 02:34 AM
I'm thinking I may well be... I was sewing earlier, but now I'm taking a break. I wont be able to sew my moms wrap pants so I may just jump onto the sweater.

To zip it,.... I dunno, I dont have the zipper for it yet, but it shouldnt take long once I get it. I just need some matching thread and handsew that in.

humblestumble
12-27-2005, 02:34 AM
I fixed the sleeves! Pic soon to come! Just need to weave in ends :) :happydance:

Ingrid
12-27-2005, 10:51 AM
:cheering: :cheering: