PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

Vendie
11-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving!

My mom and I have been knitting in between putting things in the oven. She's working on this cute little scarf thing from KnitPicks and I'm working on whatever piques my interest at that particular moment. My mom's just learning to knit, and it's a lot of fun to be able to help her with increases and decreases and why you'd want to slip an edge stitch, etc.

Yuummmm, I can smell the turkey and the beer bread that's in the oven right now. Up next, sweet potato souflee. And we've gotta put the finishing touches on the pumpkin cheesecake.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Ellen Edwards
11-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey Fibergirl--I can just smell the good food smells from your kitchen!! I think it's SO cool that your mom is learning to knit and you two can enjoy that together. It's the sort of thing that makes holidays so very special!! And something you can enjoy together forever. My Mama will be 91 November the 29th--she used to crochet and I did too before knitting became my first stitching love. Now she really doesn't have good enough vision to do handwork, but she is a major whiz on crossword puzzles!! So we enjoy those together--I hope everyone can do something with their mom while they still are lucky enough to have them. After losing my daughter to a heart attack due to enlarged heart when she was 31 -- 7 years ago, I realize that the mother/daughter bond is so special, and I hope that daughters and mothers will try to find some common ground to share!! It's so fleeting.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Vendie
11-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh, Ellen, that's such a shame about your daughter, that's just way too young. I'm glad tho that you can still share some hobbies with your own mom!

My mom crochets (or use to) as well, but when I started knitting she decided she wanted to learn too, and I love that. I REALLY love being able to drag her to yarn stores :D In fact, I think we're going to go to JoAnn's and a an LYS tomorrow. :thumbsup:

:rollseyes: ok, as I'm writing this, Mom is trying to convince me that my puppies are deprived b/c they don't get Thanksgiving dinner (and I do mean turkey, potatoes, stuffing, etc). The dogs are already mooches, I don't need to add fuel to the fire.

Beer bread is out of the oven, turkey is still smelling de-lish, and the sweet potato souflee is a-go. i'm getting so hungry!

mintdee
11-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Happy Thanksgiving To all! Everyone enjoy your families and the food :)

rebecca
11-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Happy Thanksgiving All!!
I'm so very sorry, Trudy, to hear about your daughter. There is no more special bond than that between mother & child
Thanksgiving hugs to all ;)

dustinac
11-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Ellen, I'm sorry to read about your daughter so sad... so young...

I wanted to wish you all a Happy Belated THanksgiving :rofling: I hope you all had a wonderful day!!

Fibergirl, my mom knitted when she was in the 5th grade gave it up and has gotten back into since I have.. She basically knits dish rags but I did get her to come up here and try the shawl class with me now she is back on dish rags ROTFLOL.. but wants to learn socks :happydance: