PDA

View Full Version : Look at these needles!

Danielle
11-24-2005, 11:01 PM
I want a set of these (http://www.agoodyarn.net/N_Glass_knitting_needles.htm) needles! They are a bit pricey...but really pretty! I can't decide what size or design to get. Has anyone ever used these before?

knitqueen
11-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Oh wow, those ARE cool!!! :inlove: I don't know if I'd have the guts to actually use them though!

aprildavis99
11-24-2005, 11:09 PM
For some reason I think of Alice in Wonderland when I look at those. I think those would be nice to have, but just for pretty, not to actually use. It seems like they would be heavy. :thinking:

Ingrid
11-24-2005, 11:26 PM
I'd be afraid to use them, too. Glass against glass? :thinking:

They are purdy, though!

KellyK
11-24-2005, 11:28 PM
LOVIN the CONES!!! :inlove:

Carol_OH
11-25-2005, 12:47 AM
they're BEAUTIFUL!

They're pyrex, so they're pretty durable, huh!?

AidanM
11-25-2005, 01:02 AM
They look pretty thin to me, and they're hollow. Maybe not too heavy.

Jan in CA
11-25-2005, 01:10 AM
Those really are pretty and so unusual!

humblestumble
11-25-2005, 01:52 AM
wow, :inlove: beautiful!

rebecca
11-25-2005, 02:11 AM
I think that someone on here has some, but I don't remember who... :thinking: !! She'll pop in & tell us ;) ...and...
I WANT SOME....they are too, too 8-) cool 8-) !! I would think that they would be durable since they are pyrex, too!
But, alas...I'm sticking with my addi's .... of which my sweet, sweet :inlove: Lonnie got me 2 sets of today for Thanksgiving :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I'm the luckiest girl in the world :happydance: :happydance:
EDIT...OOPS :oops: I was mistaken..HE ORDERED 4 SETS :cheering: :cheering:

dustinac
11-25-2005, 08:14 AM
very pretty wonder how they would work... with a 2yr old and 5yr old though I don't think I'd be able to use them have to put them up HIGH for looks :D

HeatherFeather
11-25-2005, 09:15 AM
I saw a display of glass needles at an antique mall...(the needles weren't antique)...and the note said they were for display only...these (pictured) might be different than what I saw...

VickiIL
11-25-2005, 09:48 AM
They are so pretty! :inlove:

wewantmore
11-25-2005, 10:01 AM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

OH MY WORD, those are purdy.

Sammi
11-25-2005, 01:34 PM
WOW!!! Those are purdy!! I think they would be pretty durable since they're pyrex...justthink they are oven safe! :roflhard:

aprildavis99
11-25-2005, 05:35 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:
And dishwasher safe...if she could stuff herself inside, she could get a shower, knit, and felt at the same time. Wooo Hooo--their time savers as well!!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

BinkyKat
11-26-2005, 12:02 AM
*P*O*P* ;)
I actually also have some glass needles. I got mine off Ebay... But these are awesome. The ones I have are kewl but I like that these are fairly uniform, granted the colors they say may have some variation due to the nature of the creative process... but there is more regularity in needle size...and i love chunky needles... The prices really seem right on with what i paid for mine. i haven't knit too much with mine but i know i can. they are really slippery but i'm sure it depends on what yarn you use.. . i tried ribbon and it was hard. as long as you don't whack them together or drop them on concrete they should be pretty durable.
Here's a couple pics i posted.. the tops are really pretty, the pictures don't do them justice... my glass needles (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28113&highlight=glass+needles#28113)
now, to get my own computer fixed so i can save it to favorites!

sogrammatical
11-28-2005, 01:42 AM
I'd be too nervous to knit with those! I'd broken far too much pyrex glassware in lab to be entirely comfortable with it! (There was one time I broke a beaker by slamming a hood sash down on it - it was like it exploded! And then once I broke one with a hammer. Entirely accidentally!)

But they certainly are pretty.

foldedbird
11-28-2005, 05:09 AM
You'd have to try hard to break them... but knowing lots of people who make handmade lampwork beads & sculptures, I wouldn't buy them. They're a bit overpriced for the materials and work that's involved (which ain't a whole lot).