PDA

View Full Version : RIP-IT

Indygirl
11-27-2005, 09:02 PM
JU :wall: st in case ya'll would like to know :frog: I have been frogin all after noon. I have a pattern I have had for about two years. got it at the LYS."Sirdar CountryStyle Double knitting" It has 4 very cute hats for adults. I have had that yarn(Sirdar Dk beautiful kelly green) on my needles about 4 times now. I am trying to make the Beret. It is so cute. I really want it bad. But I'm about to through the pattern in the trash :doh: :oops: For one I'm a tight knitter so I always need to go with the most CO's. 127 st's. I get the rib all done and then when I get to the pattern part I KEEP COMING UP WITH THE WRONG NO. OF ST'S :wall:
I'm about to wear the yarn out.
It is increaseing and doing a cable stitch half way up and then decreasing and keeping the cable going. It's jolly well making me crazy :crying:
So that's how the rest of my day has gone.............. ICAC.......

knitqueen
11-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Could you let us in on a few lines of the pattern so we can try to help you figure it out? Maybe there's actually an error, you never know! It helps to have more eyes looking at it sometimes.

Indygirl
11-27-2005, 10:37 PM
[quote="knitqueen"]Could you let us in on a few lines of the pattern so we can try to help you figure it out? Maybe there's actually an error, you never know! It helps to have more eyes looking at it sometimes.[/qu

I don't have a scaner so I will just try to put some on here.

After rib, 1st row: Rib2,*m1, rib3,rep from* to last2 sts, m1 rib2 should have 161 sts.
next row: (RS) k5,p1,*k9,p1,rep from*to last 5 sts, k5.
" " p5, k1, *p9,k1, rep from* to last 5 sts, p5.
now here is where i get into trouble.....
next row:ki,*m1,k4,p1,c6b,k3,p1,k4,m1,k1, rep from* to end. 177 sts.
The pattern is very long so I won't put it all on here. Someday I will get a scanner and learn how to put my things on here :)

knitqueen
11-27-2005, 10:58 PM
What does it mean when it says rib2, rib3, etc.???

Okay, so on the row that you're having trouble with.....when you are STARTING that row, do you have the correct # of 161 stitches??

If so, then here is how I would read the next line:
k1,*m1,k4,p1,c6b,k3,p1,k4,m1,k1, rep from* to end. 177 sts.

K1 = 1 stitch
*M1 = 1 stitch
K4 = 4 stitches
P1 = 1 stitch
C6B = 6 stitches
K3 = 3 stitches
P1 = 1 stitch
K4 = 4 stitches
M1 = 1 stitch
K1* = 1 stitch

So I know there is not an error in the pattern....I figure out how many stitches you will come out with for EACH repeat of the part inside the *....* which according to my numbers above would be 22 stitches each. I subtract the K1 stitch, the first stitch of that row (because it is not included in the *...* part), so then I do 177-1 = 176, and then divide that by 22 (the total number of stitches per repeat) and I come out with 8. So that means you will be doing K1 at the beginning of the row, and then 8 repeats of the *....* part, and you should come out with 177 stitches in the end.

Sorry about all that ramble, I need to see a clear picture for myself in order to figure it out.

Now, let me ask how you are doing the M1 increase? I wonder if that's where you might be running into problems?

Indygirl
11-27-2005, 11:10 PM
What does it mean when it says rib2, rib3, etc.??? I was taking it to mean k,p,k, or just k,p, but you are to m1 inbetween those :?? I think that's what it is saying. this pattern is a very long one. I could fax it to you if you like. but this is just the tip of the ice with this hat . This is supose to be good therapy :roflhard: I'm not so sure about all that.

knitqueen
11-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi. I edited my last post and added more (maybe too much more! :roflhard: ), maybe there's something there now that might help you out???

That rib2 and rib3 stuff really has me stumped though. :thinking:

Indygirl
11-27-2005, 11:25 PM
What does it mean when it says rib2, rib3, etc.???

Okay, so on the row that you're having trouble with.....when you are STARTING that row, do you have the correct # of 161 stitches??

If so, then here is how I would read the next line:
k1,*m1,k4,p1,c6b,k3,p1,k4,m1,k1, rep from* to end. 177 sts.

K1 = 1 stitch
*M1 = 1 stitch
K4 = 4 stitches
P1 = 1 stitch
C6B = 6 stitches
K3 = 3 stitches
P1 = 1 stitch
K4 = 4 stitches
M1 = 1 stitch
K1* = 1 stitch

So I know there is not an error in the pattern....I figure out how many stitches you will come out with for EACH repeat of the part inside the *....* which according to my numbers above would be 22 stitches each. I subtract the K1 stitch, the first stitch of that row (because it is not included in the *...* part), so then I do 177-1 = 176, and then divide that by 22 (the total number of stitches per repeat) and I come out with 8. So that means you will be doing K1 at the beginning of the row, and then 8 repeats of the *....* part, and you should come out with 177 stitches in the end.

Sorry about all that ramble, I need to see a clear picture for myself in order to figure it out.

Now, let me ask how you are doing the M1 increase? I wonder if that's where you might be running into problems? Well first of all THANKS. When I m1 I pick up the yarn between the worked on st and the next to be worked on, I knit that as a st.

knitqueen
11-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Yep, that's how I would do a M1. :thinking: How many stitches too many or too few are you ending up with?

Indygirl
11-28-2005, 12:02 AM
Yep, that's how I would do a M1. :thinking: How many stitches too many or too few are you ending up with?which time :roflhard: :roflhard: The last time it was 1 to many.the time before it was 2 to many. Also I was wondering about trying it on a curcular needle, but I'll bet that would just make me crazier :blush: I might add that this pattern gets quite complicated as it goes. So I'm feeling like I might need a nurse maid all the way through it :roflhard: :roflhard: :blush: :blush: hope not, because I'm not quit that patient. I'm surprised I still have it after all this time. Then I need to finish it, then figure out how to put pictures on here, because if I ever finish it I want THE WORLD TO SEE IT :happydance: :happydance:
THANKS AGAIN

Indygirl
11-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Yep, that's how I would do a M1. :thinking: How many stitches too many or too few are you ending up with?which time :roflhard: :roflhard: The last time it was 1 to many.the time before it was 2 to many. Also I was wondering about trying it on a curcular needle, but I'll bet that would just make me crazier :blush: I might add that this pattern gets quite complicated as it goes. So I'm feeling like I might need a nurse maid all the way through it :roflhard: :roflhard: :blush: :blush: hope not, because I'm not quit that patient. I'm surprised I still have it after all this time. Then I need to finish it, then figure out how to put pictures on here, because if I ever finish it I want THE WORLD TO SEE IT :happydance: :happydance:
THANKS AGAIN

I gotta get up at 4:30 in the morning and it's 11:pm now so I better get to bed, nity,nite all...........

knitqueen
11-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Hope you have a good sleep.

Just curious about the circular needle thing. Does the hat give the option to knit it flat using straight needles and have to seam it at the end, OR to knit it in the round on circulars?? Circular needles really are not that bad! In fact I prefer them and do anything in the round that I can. I DO remember, however, being very scared to try them at first but soon realized that there's nothing to be scared about!

Give em a try! :thumbsup:

Indygirl
11-28-2005, 05:33 AM
Hope you have a good sleep.

Just curious about the circular needle thing. Does the hat give the option to knit it flat using straight needles and have to seam it at the end, OR to knit it in the round on circulars?? Circular needles really are not that bad! In fact I prefer them and do anything in the round that I can. I DO remember, however, being very scared to try them at first but soon realized that there's nothing to be scared about!

Give em a try! :thumbsup: NO it does not give the option to use circurar needles. That's why I think It would mess me up even more. You need to go right by the pattern on wherver row you are on. Each row is different as you go along. you have a right and wrong side to work. Circurlar is always on the right side. The reason I thought about doing it on the round , I like the finished projects look better on the round. I make a lot of socks. They always come out nice and even looking. gotta get ready for work now... bye bye for awhile. :waving: