PDA

View Full Version : 11/28 Good Morning

tigger0229
11-28-2005, 10:15 AM
well, holiday was fantastic and days off with it, and food was sooo good.
I need to get my christmas shopping done. haven't done anything yet!
no knitting over the past four days either.
I did get the house decorated for Christmas on Sat, but not the tree. we'll do it this week some time.
how far along are you on christmas shopping?

Arugula
11-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Last year we got our tree around this time and a week before Christmas we wanted to throw it out so badly! :lol: So this year we are waiting another week or so before getting one. Besides, my gorgeous children broke at least half of the ornaments last year. :rollseyes:

Our Thanksgiving was great and I managed to make some mittens for my disabled brother so I am pretty proud of myself.

Gotta get Tain to school...

koolbreeze
11-28-2005, 10:54 AM
no Christmas shopping yet. I still got 2 birthdays to worry about. i was supposed to put up my Christmas decorations this weekend... as i said supposed to. i was worn out for some strange reason so i laid up in bed!! :D

jodstr2
11-28-2005, 11:02 AM
g'morning :D !

I wanted to put the outside lights up yesterday but we never got around to it. now I wanna put those and the tree up NLT next Sunday.
as for shopping, last yr I ordered all of the kid's presents online the day after Thanksgiving. this yr CV and I still have to figure out how and when we're gonna shop for him.
finished one clog last night.
today and tomorrow will be nucking futs here at work. I probably won't get much done at home after work, I'll just wanna sleep.
me too Carmell, birthday gifts - we have a 1 yr old's bd party on Sat and a 2 yr old's the following weend.

tigger0229
11-28-2005, 11:03 AM
carmell, I know what you mean! I slept a lot yesterday. body was just too tired!
arugula, LOL, I know what you mean. I recall one christmas season that the cat and the kids knocked the tree down at least three times. Finally we just propped it up!

tigger0229
11-28-2005, 11:35 AM
jodi, i did lots of online shopping last year and will probably do again this year! if you know exactly what you are after, it cannot be beat!

feministmama
11-28-2005, 12:06 PM
My week sucked. Holidays should be illegal.

rebecca
11-28-2005, 12:37 PM
femi, I'm sorry to hear that :( ! I so love holidays & spending time with my CRAZY family ;)
I was very sick for the 2 days of the holiday & did nothing but sleep, too!
Of course, before I got sick it was a WONDERFUL holiday time with family & friends. My sweet hubby surprised me with my new camera and got a small tree & decorated it so I wouldn't overdo & injure my leg or hip...he's a :inlove: sweetie-pie ;)
And, we are almost all done with Christmas shopping :cheering: :cheering:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE :D

Vendie
11-28-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm about half-way done with my hand made Christmas gifts for my husband's family and my parents. We're only shopping for kids (4 of them - niece and nephews) and maybe parents. I'm supposed to spin yarn for my mom for Christmas on the spinning wheel that she got me for Christmas ( :cheering: ). We'll do most of shopping online, but the kids' books will be done at the store. But at least I can avoid the mall again this year. I try to avoid it ever since I spent like 3 or 4 Christmas seasons working in retail. *shivers* I still have nightmares.

koolbreeze
11-28-2005, 03:06 PM
i'm jealous FiberGirl!!!:heart: what kind of spinning wheel are you getting!?

Arugula
11-28-2005, 07:47 PM
So my mom and I went thrift store shopping today. I was disappointed with how many didn't have any knitting supplies but then we hit the motherload at the ARC: 20 pairs of straight needles plus 5 unmatched, two LONG circulars (size 6 and 8), 2 cable hooks, some crotchet hooks (including a wooden one) and a few stitch markers all for $15. I am pretty happy tonight!

hedgehog
11-28-2005, 11:01 PM
I'm about halfway done with my Xmas stuff already (shopping for and making pressies, that is.)

But i did a lot of my xmas organization in one fell swoop on Saturday when my sister and i went down to Seagrove, NC (http://www.discoverseagrove.com/index.html) which is well-known for its pottery. It was fabulous! I love artisans of any nature but i have a deep respect for potters. I even bought something for myself (VERY naughty one month before Xmas!). I couldn't help it - i got a mug from on of my favorite places, Whynot Pottery. (http://www.whynotpottery.com/) I :heart: their blue pieces!! GORGEOUS! And those tea pots - :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

And for one of my pressies to send back to the UK i'm making knit bathcloths, so i bought some handmade NC goats milk soap and a Seagrove pottery soap dish to go with them. I think she'll LOVE it.

If you ever have a chance to go to Seagrove, do it! It's a great day out but VERY hard not to spend money!! :lol:

-hh

Vendie
11-29-2005, 07:31 AM
i'm jealous FiberGirl!!!:heart: what kind of spinning wheel are you getting!?

I'm getting an Ashford Kiwi. It's cute, it's little, it's got a little bird carved in one of the treadles. We ordered it unfinished, so I'm going to paint the wheel with some cute flowers or something.

Arugula
11-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Wow, that pottery is GORGEOUS! No wonder you couldn't help yourself! :D