PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

Ellen Edwards
11-28-2005, 10:21 AM
I've never had a "skein" of yarn like the 2 skeins I got of the Shepherd socks by Lorna's Laces. I made a real mess and FINALLY got 1 into a ball. How do I make sure I can get it , um, balled...the next time?? ;)

brendajos
11-28-2005, 10:28 AM
do you have a swift? i would guess the problem came in it getting tangled out of the hank? if you don't have a swift then you are going to have to find something to put it around when you are winding. I use to use the screen on my laptop so i could wind whilest talking to all of you. back of a chair works, hands of a kid/spouse/so being held hostage works too.

pretty much anything that will keep the hank from pulling itself into a tangled mess really.

Ellen Edwards
11-28-2005, 10:30 AM
oooh!! No, I don't have a swift...I've never had to use one because I always get the pull out balls from what I can remember!! I'll just wrap it around the screen!! Thanks!! :thumbsup:

brendajos
11-28-2005, 10:36 AM
if you don't want to get a swift, ask them if they will wind it for you at the store....most will!

rebecca
11-28-2005, 12:55 PM
LOL, the 'swift' that I use is the back to my computer chair..perfect fit for every hank I've come upon...thus far ;)