PDA

View Full Version : My yarn is here! My yarn is here! My yarn is HERE!!

Jan in CA
11-29-2005, 05:34 PM
It shipped the day before Thanksgiving so I really, really thought it would be more like shipping yesterday since it was a holiday weekend, but it showed up today!! :happydance: :cheering:

Later I'm going to mix and match to come up with pretty colors for a new BAG! Whoohoo!

Julie
11-29-2005, 05:36 PM
:cheering:

tigger0229
11-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Jan, did you pay for sh?? :thinking: :?? :??
why did it take over 14 days to reach me, and less than 7 for you (WITH HOLIDAYS?????
:thumbsup: however, glad you got and it's very pretty!

Ellen Edwards
11-29-2005, 05:53 PM
OOOOOOOHHHH!! YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!! Oodles and oodles of yarn! Thanks for the eye candy! And have fun playing with it,,,you can touch it, smell it, KNIT with it--but just don't EAT it for Pete's sake!
lol

Ingrid
11-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Eye candy, it is!!

Jan in CA
11-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Jan, did you pay for sh?? :thinking: :?? :??
why did it take over 14 days to reach me, and less than 7 for you (WITH HOLIDAYS?????
:thumbsup: however, glad you got and it's very pretty!

Nope, I used free shipping! I am just as surprised as you! After the stories I heard I just figured it woudn't be here for at least two weeks so I didn't have my hopes up.

In the comments box I did type in "Hurry! ;)"... you suppose that helped?? :?? :roflhard:

tigger0229
11-29-2005, 06:07 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
you are too funny!
(hmmmm :thinking: I'll have to try that)

Yvonne
11-29-2005, 07:10 PM
We won't hear from Jan for a few hours now, as she is no doubt rolling around on the floor with her new stash. :roflhard:

Carol_OH
11-29-2005, 08:48 PM
what lovely colors!!!!! :inlove:

chanters
11-29-2005, 09:01 PM
We won't hear from Jan for a few hours now, as she is no doubt rolling around on the floor with her new stash. :roflhard:

Ooh! There's an idea! Let's make a big international knitters party, we all bring our stash, throw it in a pool and roll around in it! Bliss! :inlove:

We can all just skinny-dip in it, it'll be...skin to skein...

Jan in CA
11-29-2005, 09:45 PM

Ooh! There's an idea! Let's make a big international knitters party, we all bring our stash, throw it in a pool and roll around in it! Bliss! :inlove:

We can all just skinny-dip in it, it'll be...skin to skein...

In a POOL? :shock: This is mostly wool so... all that rolling and water might felt it even if it isn't hot! Heck the bodies rolling in it might create some heat. :shock: :roflhard:

I haven't started anything with it. Yet. I've got that scarf I'm working on and I'm trying to talk myself into starting something else when I haven't finished it! :shock: Socks? Bag? Or. Or. Or...:?? :roflhard:

Ingrid
11-29-2005, 10:12 PM
No water!! Just wool!!!!!

JessicaR
11-29-2005, 10:40 PM
I got my WOTA today! It shipped out on the 22nd with the free shipping so that wasn't so bad. :happydance:

schrodinger
11-30-2005, 12:19 AM
Gorgeous Jan! I love knitpicks, I just discovered them, my order came 3 days after ordering from them... I must have lucked out!

mintdee
11-30-2005, 12:50 AM
:inlove: :inlove:

The... yarn... must... resist... ordering... put... card... away....

*breath*
I'm okay I swear

carollovesyarn
11-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Lovely yarn! And I have to say, that's a really nice picture too - really clear. Figures I would notice...

What else are you making besides a bag?

Carol

Jan in CA
11-30-2005, 02:08 AM
Lovely yarn! And I have to say, that's a really nice picture too - really clear. Figures I would notice...

Thanks! And why does it figure you'd notice the picture? I'm an amateur photographer so I hope they come out okay. ;)

What else are you making besides a bag?

Carol
Well socks for sure, but not sure what else yet. :thinking:

carollovesyarn
11-30-2005, 02:27 AM
I always seem to notice quality photos and not always the subject - it's a good photo, well focused. I'm just an amateur too, but I really enjoy photography. The color of your yarns looks so true in your pic. Really luscious. I fight color cast from light all the time!

What kind of camera do you use?

tigger0229
11-30-2005, 09:45 AM
hmmm, seems like maybe east and west get orders fine and probably the north. Maybe it's just south that they send it by mule carrier. :roflhard:

kemp
11-30-2005, 12:20 PM
How fun...I love the colors. You could use that for your avatar!

lisak
11-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Oh Jan! I can't stop staring at that picture! :inlove: (I need a drooling emoticon too!)

Is that green color Fern? I love it!!

Have fun with your new stash! ;)

Jan in CA
11-30-2005, 01:50 PM
I always seem to notice quality photos and not always the subject - it's a good photo, well focused. I'm just an amateur too, but I really enjoy photography. The color of your yarns looks so true in your pic. Really luscious. I fight color cast from light all the time!

What kind of camera do you use?

Thanks! Every camera, especially digital can get color cast from indoor lighting. You can try adjusting the white balance or do a custom one if your camera allows it. I didn't want to fool with either for the yarn so I just took the yarn into the dining room where I was getting good light through a window.

The camera I have now is a Canon Digital Rebel XT. It's a DSLR so it allows me more creative freedom. I took the photo w/o a flash in natural light using manual settings. Here are my galleries if you are interested. I no longer have the Panasonic FZ10 that most of the photos were taken with. The photos from the XT are in the gallery in the upper right.

Jan in CA
11-30-2005, 01:53 PM
LisaK... Oops I should have put the names of the colors! Here's what I got:

2 Fern Wool of the Andes
1 Tulip Wool of the Andes
1 Violet Wool of the Andes
4 Cranberry Wool of the Andes
4 Winter Night Wool of the Andes
1 Coal Wool of the Andes
2 Vineyard Simple Stripes
2 Crayons Simple Stripes
2 Cherry Blossom Wool of the Andes
2 Iron Ore Wool of the Andes

Thanks! Good idea to use for an avatar, Kemp. ;)