PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Substitution for KellyK's Grrr Pattern?

lisak
11-30-2005, 11:29 AM
So, I've gotten most of my Christmas presents underway, but then thought maybe I should make something for my BIL's girlfriend? I don't want her to feel left out I guess...So, I thought the Grrrr pattern would be perfect - Quick and Easy! Only thing is, I can't find Patons Bohemian here in Hotlanta. I would just order it on-line, but my in-laws live in Texas and I have to ship everything! :rollseyes: I need to get started on it pronto!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be a good swap for the Bohemian? Or is there anyone out there in Atlanta that knows where I can get it? Any suggestions would be most appreciated!! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

countingsheep
11-30-2005, 11:37 AM
This may be a stupid question but... did you try Michaels? I'm up in Marietta and I'm pretty sure that I saw this there. I can't promise but... I'm almost positive that it was there. Went there for one of those "project due in the morning, Mom" issues and didn't really spend a lot of time with the yarn - this is not where I usually shop anyway. Maybe you can call them and check?

Good luck, Angela

lisak
11-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks Angela! I will definitely give them a call and probably some other stores too. I have only one Michael's and a Hobby Lobby near me (I'm in Mableton), but they didn't have it. Hopefully I'll get lucky and not have to drive too far!

Thanks again! ;)

brendajos
11-30-2005, 11:43 AM
dare i say that it looks kinda like homespun in the picture? :rollseyes: it probably is nothing like it but that was the first thought that jumped up when i saw the pic. couldn't zoom it right to really get a look at the texture....pixilated too much ya know.

countingsheep
11-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I went to the Michael's over on Barrett Pkwy - or, as my hubby calls it "Satan's Triangle!" I know it's a terrible place for traffic but... I think it was there? Oh, there's a Joann's not far from me either, Cobb Place or something, might try them? They have a pretty good selection and I know that they carry Patons.

Good luck! Ang

lisak
11-30-2005, 12:02 PM
I like that - Satan's Triangle. :rofling: My DH will like that also! I try to stay as far away from that place as possible! I'll call that Michael's first. I've been the Joann's over there (it's by the theatre down past Best Buy and such), but hate it. The people that work there are ridiculous. I went in there asking for furry trim (like that you sew on clothes with and such) and the girl sent me over to the kiddie craft section and picked out a large fake feather boa. Nice.

nicolethegeek
11-30-2005, 12:03 PM
I just did a search off of the Patons website, and nothing comes up that carries Bohemian in the Atlanta area. Perhaps you could try again with your zip code? The only retailer in the Atlanta area that carries any Patons products is Michaels.

HTH,

lisak
11-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah Nicole, I did that too and couldn't find anything. I am hoping that their site just isn't updated!

nicolethegeek
11-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah Nicole, I did that too and couldn't find anything. I am hoping that their site just isn't updated!

It is, and it isn't... It still shows Crafts Canada as a Patons retailer here in Winnipeg. Our CC closed in 2000, and the last one in Canada closed around 2002. What's REALLY weird is that it shows that they carry newer yarns that were just released in the last 2 years or so!!! :thinking: :??

lisak
11-30-2005, 12:43 PM

It is, and it isn't... It still shows Crafts Canada as a Patons retailer here in Winnipeg. Our CC closed in 2000, and the last one in Canada closed around 2002. What's REALLY weird is that it shows that they carry newer yarns that were just released in the last 2 years or so!!! :thinking: :??

Ha! Ha! Now I'm feeling really lucky! ;)

KellyK
11-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Michaels, Joanns and Hobby Lobby all carry Bohemian, least where I am...

It is NOT like homespun. Bohemian is a chunky chenille. MAYBE you wanna try caron's jewelbox? You'd have to look at the colors.

lisak
11-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks KellyK. I am hoping that at least one store will have it! I've used the Jewelbox before for a scarf - it doesn't seem like it would be as bulky as the Bohemian though, but who can tell from the tiny pics! I am going to try and get a hold of some of it so I can see what it's like!

KellyK
11-30-2005, 03:39 PM
I think LionBrand has a chunky chenille, too, just not with the COLORS that bohemian has....