PDA

View Full Version : What should I make with this Malabrigo?

wabbit
12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first post in General Knitting :D

So I bought 8 skeins of Malabrigo, in 4 different colors on a whim, and now that they are here, I don't know what to make! Any suggestions? Here are the colors I have, 2 of each.

kemp
12-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Well since there are only 2 of each, my first thought would be felted bags....although it seems a SHAME to felt that beautiful yarn. I have some of that Malabrigo for a sweater and it is sooooooooooooo YUMMY!

How about scarves/hats/mittens?

brendajos
12-02-2005, 04:14 PM
i have this (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1998) bootie pattern on the needles in my bag right now using that blue and green there in front. Going to make a baby hat with the other skein i have too! woudln't NORMALLY use wool for baby stuff but it is soooo soft that i just couldn't resist! ;)

the LYS that i got mine from had a baby sweater that they made with one skein of it. She said it was called the 5 hour baby sweater and told me to google it and i would find it. I did but i don't remember where anymore.

dana_renay
12-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I am making KellyK's scrunchable scarf* out of some Malabrigo I bought. Since I have only had time lately to do a row here and a row there, I just have about 8" of scarf, but so far it looks and feels very nice! The scruchable-ness of the stitch pattern compliments the softness of the yarn very well.

(*if that's not Kelly's pattern, I'm sorry to the actual designer)

Julie
12-02-2005, 04:25 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Have I mentioned lately how much I love Malabrigo??? Those colors are goooooorgeous :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I've made two diaper soakers with Malabrigo (so soft!!) and a hat with the leftover yarn. I really don't think you can go wrong with it....it's so soft you could use it for just about anything you don't mind hand washing....

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

wabbit
12-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Where is that scrunchable scarf?

DotMom61
12-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Where is that scrunchable scarf?

Here ya' go! (http://www.knitlist.com/96gift/giftsscarf.htm)

wabbit
12-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks!

Would it be stupid to do a kind of small throw? I was thinking maybe big needles and stripes. I'm not sure the colors all go together though. And by the time I needed more, if I did, then I'd be able to afford it :lol:

A scarf or hat would be very nice also, I've never done a scarf though. Ugh, decisions!

VictoiseC
12-02-2005, 05:28 PM
That is such pretty yarn, I haven't seen it before. what about a chunky bulky little sweater? Depending on where you live, if it's cold. It'd be awfully cute.