PDA

View Full Version : OT: She's Here!

Pixywhispers
12-06-2005, 04:35 PM
The baby who kept threatening to come early finally came 4 days after her due date!

We welcomed sweet little Grace home on November 26th! It was a very easy contemplative labor. I pushed her out in 15 minutes! WOOHOO! She is my smallest baby at 8 lbs and 2 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long. She is the cutest sweetest little thing. She is a very patient child and much loved by her brother and two sisters! She is nursing well and getting chunky already! I cannot keep her doting three year old sister Kate away from her!

Now I have two little girls to dress like dolls together. And knit for! I'm so excited!

We are taking Grace to the pedi on Friday. When we map quested the office, DH said "Hey, thats close to the yarn shop!" A man after my heart! "We should stop there after the appt and pick up some girl yarn for some girl projects." :heart: I already have my pattern books dog eared, a list of needle sizes, and yarn amounts ready!

Blessed with another miracle,
Candace

HeatherFeather
12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
congrats!!! :heart: :heart:

brendajos
12-06-2005, 04:41 PM
aaahhh you sound so serene and happy! Congratulations to you, your family, and to that stubborn little girl who wasn't coming out until she was good and ready for being so lucky!

Yvonne
12-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Congratulations!!
Your labor sounds like my last one--a total of 43 minutes from arrival at hospital to delivery. She was a "small" (ahem) baby, too, at 8 pounds even.
God bless your DH for planning the trip to the LYS in conjunction with the Dr. appt.
Happy and WARM little ones living at your house....

Jan in CA
12-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Congratulations! Nothing like a new, sweet baby in the house!
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/baby04k.gif

koolbreeze
12-06-2005, 04:44 PM
wow i don't know what i would do if 8lbs 2oz was the SMALLEST baby i had!!!! thats bigger than my biggest!!
congratulations on your big baby!!!

tigger0229
12-06-2005, 05:08 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! wow what a blessing!!!!!
you got your christmas present early!

jodstr2
12-06-2005, 05:12 PM
:heart: congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Ingrid
12-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Congratulations!!! :cheering:

nicolethegeek
12-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Congrats on your newest addition, and the soon-to-be additions to your stash! What a great pedi to locate near a LYS!!!

I wish I would have had 15 minutes of pushing time with my last. Then DH could have parked the car at least, rather than having security page him to move it moments after she was born... My labour was about an hour if that. We raced to the hospital, and I was rushed to my room. Security said he could move the car out of the ambulance bay once I was in my room. The nurse and DH had to undress me, and my water broke as I got on to the bed. I tell the nurse I feel like I gotta push, so she checks to see how dilated I am. After she confirms that I'm 10 cm, out pops Lissa with about 2 pushes. I'm not even sure if her cord was cut when the speaker in my room goes off requesting that my husband go move our car. If he'd moved it as soon as I got in the room, he woulda missed it all! :roflhard:

Ingrid
12-06-2005, 05:37 PM
And where is the picture? Hmm?

liznwillow
12-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Big huge CONGRATULATIONS!

CateKnits
12-06-2005, 06:29 PM
And where is the picture? Hmm?

My thoughts exactly. ;) :lol:

KellyK
12-06-2005, 06:38 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: WELCOME, GRACE!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

rebecca
12-06-2005, 06:42 PM
:heart: :inlove: :heart: CONGRATULATIONS :inlove: :heart: :inlove:

gimmesanity
12-06-2005, 08:10 PM
:heart: :heart:Welcome to the world, beautiful Grace. :heart: :heart:

Congrats, momma! Time to get

:XX: :XX: :XX:

hehe.

Pixywhispers
12-06-2005, 09:05 PM
<Giggle>

I knew y'all were gona ask for pictures!
:D

Since shrinking pics to post on the forum still evades me. I set up a blog and just threw some pics on.

Enjoy!

http://gracejanis.blogspot.com/

Candace

CateKnits
12-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Awwwww! She's gorgeous!
I think my favorite is the one with her sister(?) holding her. That's so precious!

benniesma
12-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Congratulations!

And what a lucky wife you are! :D

Ingrid
12-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Aaaaaaaaw! So little! :inlove:

wildforyarn
12-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Candace, she is beautiful! Congratulations!!!! Your family looks so happy!! :cheering:

Julie
12-06-2005, 09:29 PM
She's a beauty!! Congratulations!!! :inlove:

I :heart: knitting for my two girls...have fun with that :mrgreen:

Pixywhispers
12-06-2005, 09:37 PM
I just realized DH isnt in any of the pics! There are pics of him with the baby, but at the birth, lets not go there, so I found a really cute one of him and Kate. Where Kate is "knitting", heh.

Jan in CA
12-06-2005, 10:51 PM
She is beautiful! All your kids are!

dustinac
12-07-2005, 12:16 AM
awww how cute!! Congrats!!! :heart:

VickiIL
12-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Congrats. She is beautiful!

knittingdoula
12-07-2005, 02:17 AM
Mazel Tov!!!

May your little girl only know a peaceful world, and may she only bring you joy all the days of your life.

Glad to hear nursing is going well, btw. If you have any nursing or postpartum questions, feel free to PM me. (Of course, I know you're a fourth time mom, so you could probably teach me more than I could teach you! ;) )

My first labor was, and this is the truth, 6 days long from start to finish. I pushed for 4.5 hours and gave birth to a 10 lb 1 oz. baby. Boy, did I feel THAT one come down the ol' pike! :roflhard: #2 was much easier. Labor lasted about 10 hours, and I pushed ONCE. Can you believe it?! 8 lbs 9 oz. A real shrimp compared to my first. Natural labor with both.

Enjoy your little girl and have a wonderful baby-moon .... take your time with all those projects and cuddle a ton with her. Isn't it amazing how different it is with subsequent kids? It's like Vicki Iovine says - with your second and on, you're so crazy to get home you're off the delivery table practically before the placenta comes out!!!!

I was amazed at how quickly I bounced back after #2 as well. Another miracle.

Again, congratulations!

Alison

Ajslady70
12-07-2005, 09:36 AM
:thumbsup:
Congratulations!!

I'm only 7 weeks into my current pregnancy so I got a loooooonng way to go. LOL

Ronda
12-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Love the name Grace! Congratulations on your precious baby girl!

KellyK
12-07-2005, 09:50 AM
*nibble nibble*

DotMom61
12-07-2005, 10:21 AM
{sigh} I love sleepy baby pictures.

She's simply lovely, and you have a beautiful family!! Congratulations!!!

brendajos
12-07-2005, 10:26 AM
awww how cute she is! I agree your family is gorgeous. That poor boy though....he has no idea what he is in for when all those girls are teens and preteens does he? ;)

wewantmore
12-07-2005, 11:51 AM
So cute. Congrats.

earthchick
12-07-2005, 11:55 AM
She's gorgeous!

Welcome to the world, baby Grace. And congrats mama and family!

feministmama
12-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Babies are my favorite people. Thanks for making some. (and a 15 minute labor!?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?!? Guess how many days it took to push my kid out. Just guess. 3 days)

ebrperk
12-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Congrats on baby Grace. I have ten weeks before our little boy is born. At least they say it is a boy (I will believe it when I see it).

I just loved the picture of Kate "knitting".

Robin

InterNette
12-07-2005, 03:07 PM
God bless baby Grace. Congrats and happy holidays to your expanding family. Santa has another name to add to his list. I am very happy for you. Dont forget pics.

Pixywhispers
12-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Babies are my favorite people. Thanks for making some. (and a 15 minute labor!?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?!? Guess how many days it took to push my kid out. Just guess. 3 days)

Actually the actual labor was 12 hours of easy ctx. I practiced meditation the entire pregnancy. And focusing on the work of the ctx helped tremendously. And keeping fear away really did ease the pain for me. One hour at ten with a lip (ouch) which is the hardest mental thing I had ever done. None of my meditating was about not pushing when all I had an urge to do was push. And after an hour of laying on my side (again ouch) I had an urge that was undeniable, I sat straight up and said "I'm pushing this baby out, get ready to catch!" And 15 min later there she was.

FM! OMGosh! I thought I had it bad with my first three kids. My pubic bones are like a maze with a 9 lb baby each of them took 3 hours to push out, except for #1 my ob "gave up" and sectioned me after two hours. So the last three have all been HBAC births. I have a friend who pushed for 11 hours. Whew, but bless your heart you are some kinda mom FM. Wow I respect that.

Candace

mintdee
12-07-2005, 03:46 PM
:inlove: :inlove:

Sooooo pretty! Gratz!

Pixywhispers
12-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Awwwww! She's gorgeous!
I think my favorite is the one with her sister(?) holding her. That's so precious!

Yep! Both the ten year old, Julia and the three year old Kate are Graces sisters. Bryant is the big brother. We always wanted a big family. Grace is our last and I am enjoying every minute of it! My girlfriends tease me cause Ive taken so many pics of this baby, its an end of an era.

The other day Julia was holding Baby Grace while I was taking a shower and crying. I heard Kate (3 years) tell Baby Grace "Grace dont cry, its ok, were not monsters were your sisters."

Candace

knittingdoula
12-07-2005, 04:01 PM

FM! OMGosh! I thought I had it bad with my first three kids. My pubic bones are like a maze with a 9 lb baby each of them took 3 hours to push out, except for #1 my ob "gave up" and sectioned me after two hours. So the last three have all been HBAC births. I have a friend who pushed for 11 hours. Whew, but bless your heart you are some kinda mom FM. Wow I respect that.

Candace

I THOUGHT those were homebirth pics!! Whew hew! Let's hear it for homebirthin' knitting mamas!

Alison

Ellen Edwards
12-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Oh--congratulations to all your family!! I LOVE babies, as you can see, :heart: :heart: the majority of folks in here do as well! I love large families--I only had 2 brothers, but my DH had 5 brothers and 3 sisters!!

I was pregant 5 times but I only was able to deliver 2 children. :( We had an RH negative factor thing--don't know how much that had an effect on it. But--all babies are wonderfull!! :thumbsup:

Pixywhispers
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
awww how cute she is! I agree your family is gorgeous. That poor boy though....he has no idea what he is in for when all those girls are teens and preteens does he? ;)

No he doesn't! On the birth video after Graces sex was announced my dh looks into the video camera and said "Bryant, its just you and me buddy."

Me neither! I always wanted a house full of little girls, I forgot I'd end up with a house full of teen girls! Eeeee. <giggle> I told dh we need at least three bathrooms! He said "Candace we have three weddings to save for." eeek. One day at a time.

Candace

BinkyKat
12-08-2005, 12:19 AM
*nibble nibble*

KK, step AWAAAAYYYY from the baby!!!! if you can't, then just sprinkle her with some jimmies and lick! as I say to my cat "No Bitey!!!"

LOL

:cheering:
Congrats to you and DH and brother and sisters! I love the name Grace... classic, just classic!

Jaxhil
12-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Congratulations!! My 4rth child is named Grace too-she was supposed to be born 26 Nov. '03, but she *did* come early, at 23 wks and 6 days-now she's two and as sweet as pie!!

Anyway, I am so happy for you-and jealous of your easy labors! I had 4 c-sections-ugh!

kemp
12-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Your familly is so beautiful. Congrats!!!