PDA

View Full Version : First Project!! WIP - Simple Chenille Throw

geminiwb
12-06-2005, 06:32 PM
OK, enough practicing!!

I started last night with Lion Brand Chenille T&Q Wine and Dusty Blue. Not using a pattern. I CO 90, moss st for 4 rows, then st st for the body with 5 moss st boarder. Gauge is about 4 st / 1". I didn't wait till my circs came :rollseyes: so I just CO as many ast the needle could handle that was a multiple of 10.

It will be a bit skinny, but will be soft and thick. I'll get a pic of the yarn and my first few rows soon.

BTW - Chenille hides mistakes like no one's business :lol: Great for a first project, but also difficult to see what stitch your supposed to do if you forgot the pattern!! We'll see how it works out.

-Wes

rebecca
12-06-2005, 06:39 PM
WTG, Wes! It's good that you just jumped in there & began with your 1st project and your imagination :cheering: :cheering: You are going to become a fearless knitter :thumbsup: Can't wait to see the pics

Ingrid
12-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Good for you! Dive right in and see what happens! ;)

itscryttle
12-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Oh so jealous! I want to make a throw but have too many projects going right now to start.

Can't wait to see pics of it!

Jan in CA
12-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Awesome! I can't believe you got that many stitches on a needle! :shock:

geminiwb
12-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah, Jan, those stitches want to jump off that needle like a spring snake in a jar! :rofling: :rofling:

Well, I tried to get a couple of pics last night, but forgot that my Mac doesn't like my SanDisk CF card. So the pics got erased instead of downloaded :( I'll take a few more tonight and get the first color stripe in here and you can let me know what you think!

I thought chenille would be a challange...I love the stuff!! Very fun to work with, slides over my bamboo. Only thing I don't like is that you can't always tell if you are working P or K in moss stitch due to how fuzzy it is.

Oh, and I was wrong about the colors when I posted yesterday. They are Bourduex and Periwinkle. Was at work when I made the post and was looking at the brand website to guess the color.

And thanks for words of encouragement!! Pics to come when I get home from work.

-Wes

geminiwb
12-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Here is pic... after 2 night's working. almost done with the MC, starting CC after tonight i think. I love working with chenille, so easy and works out fast :D

Ingrid
12-07-2005, 10:13 PM
How snuggly does that look!! Luxurious--I can't wait to see the colors together. :thumbsup:

mailgirl
12-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Those colors look really nice. How long are you going to make it? I would like to make a throw.

earthchick
12-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Pretty!!! :thumbsup:

Rennagayle
12-09-2005, 02:21 AM
That's lovely. I love the rich looking color, and chenille is so soft and snuggly. :mrgreen:

vcuchica931
12-09-2005, 07:22 PM
oh that looks so nice!

how in the world did you get all them stitches on those needles?! WOW

I want to make a throw...but i want a fast one so i need big circulars...hopefully I'll get the set of Denise's I asked for Christmas

dustinac
12-11-2005, 10:49 AM
:cheering: ohhh I love those colors!!! My mom knitted a scarf using this and its sooo soft I wanna do something with it just not sure what LOL :thumbsup: Great job!!

geminiwb
12-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Update!! As I posted in General Knitting, I got my Boye Needle set today and put this throw on them. Now I can spread this thing out a bit and see how I'm really doing. Not bad...there are a few mistakes but nothing to frog over, so I'll keep going. Below is a pics of how its going. Let me know what you think :thumbsup:

Take Care,
Wes

vcuchica931
12-13-2005, 11:00 PM
:heart: OMG that looks soooooo warm and cozy!!!!! You're working fast!! :thumbsup:

benniesma
12-14-2005, 07:51 AM
I just love those colors! And it looks so snuggly and cozy. Awesome job!

dustinac
12-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Its coming along great job!!! I love the colors too :cheering: :thumbsup: