PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Mosaic knitted hat pattern?

humblestumble
12-07-2005, 10:37 PM
I have just recently discovered (about two months ago) mosaic knitting, I'd like to try out this method of knitting with a hat for winter, preferrably a beanie. Have you made one you'd like to recommend? I can only knit from a free pattern at the moment.

rebecca
12-08-2005, 12:00 AM
I've not yet done one, have u looked @ www.knittingpatterncentral.com yet?! Chances are, if it's online & free..it's there ;)

humblestumble
12-08-2005, 12:09 AM
ya... I looked, although not thoroughly at the hat section, (I figured the link would get posted lol), I did search for "mosaic" but to no avail - at least for hats anyway. I'm really hoping someone here has made a hat the mosaic way, but if not, there's a pattern in one of my mags somewhere that I can try out :) I just wanted to know if anyone had a preference. Thanks though :) I can dig some more over there.

rebecca
12-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Girl, u need to just play around and design one ;)

humblestumble
12-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Girl, u need to just play around and design one ;)

Design?! :shock: :oo:

I know I can design water bottles, swimsuits, loungewear, bags.... (I've sketched a few out) But I never end up knitting them...And I've never even knit a hat before in the year I've been knitting :blush:

I might get risky one of these days...

rebecca
12-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Trust the "knitter within".... ;) If nothing else u can knit 2 rectangles & seam them together and put pom poms or fringe on each end...there u have a mosaic hat. Of course...measure your head 1st ;)

humblestumble
12-08-2005, 02:05 AM
ah, yes...This is true.

:oo: