PDA

View Full Version : 2 scarves I have finished, at least something is finished

InterNette
12-08-2005, 02:31 AM
my neck warmer that needs something, thinking maybe a pin now since i havent found a flower to knit. The blue one is for my friend who i mail a box to every year , i wanted her husband to have something as well.

Jan in CA
12-08-2005, 02:58 AM
Those are both so pretty! What stitch is on the blue one? I really like it!

aprildavis99
12-08-2005, 03:18 AM
I really like the blue one also. :happydance:

mailgirl
12-08-2005, 07:57 AM
I like the style of the yellow one.

kayeknit
12-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Those are both beautiful! I especially love that blue/grey/black color pattern! :thumbsup:

KellyK
12-08-2005, 08:37 AM
YEAH! Anette, you chose the PERFECT st pattern to show off that yarn! GORGEOUS!

Ingrid
12-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Gorgeous!! When you said "at least something is done" I half expected garter stitch. Those are impressive! Please share the pattern on the blue one if you can.

Quietheart
12-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Is the pattern for the yellow one online anywhere?

QuietHeart

knitncook
12-08-2005, 10:31 AM
The blue one is very striking and impressive!! Very nice! The yellow one looks cozy.

Peggy Ann
12-08-2005, 10:47 AM
what yarn was used on the blue one??

they are both great scarves!

Ronda
12-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Can't take my eyes off the one on the right!

kemp
12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Both of them are great but I, too, love the blue yarn. You MUST tell us what it is!!!

InterNette
12-08-2005, 02:29 PM
The yellow one is what I was looking for when i asked about a neck warmer. I spent a day googling names to try and find what was in my mind. I finally found it when I googled bow tie scarf and that came up under katherine burgess
http://people.delphiforums.com/knit_chat/knitchat/patterns/bowscarf.htme
Mine used more than 50 grams which made me a little disgruntled but oh well. I am making a half dozen of these, the second on I am doing is in liliac, which should look nice color wise. I still need something on it somehow. The yarn is lambs pride and the color looked better on the skien so now it needs some umph and I would love to have the pattern Debby showed of her flower, hint hint Debby.

The blue one is not black but navy and other shades of blue varigated. I made a dozen dishcloths with this stitch and even Ingrid helped explain it to me when I asked for help when i was doing the washcloths. I decided i loved the way it shows off this varigation so when my friend said NO WOOL nothing scratchy i used the old red heart I had ( she is very acrylic kinda gal) i made this , it curled terrible and i wouldnt recommend acrylic at all, a B**** to block but I managed with tons and tons of blocking only it tends to start getting distorted out of shape. I worked longer on the damn blocking then the knitting.

I am odd, I never usually take a pattern and do exactly what it says or I take bits and pieces and I like to do my own thing. It was natural for me to take a washcloth and say this should be a scarf, the path least traveled on I guess.
I wanted to make him the chicken hat since I think everyone needs more to life than the run of the mill everyday blend in with the crowd look on life. Nothing wrong with a different perspective occasionally. My friend thought i was horrible, but i still like that plucked chicken. This is also the same friend who said I want to buy a boob neck pillow for my BIL or he is going to steal my husbands you made. She sees nothing wrong with a boob neck pillow but wont allow her hubby to wear a naked chicken on his head, whats up with that?

CarmenIbanez
12-08-2005, 03:12 PM
So what is the stitch pattern that you used for the Navy one?

chanmouli
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Gorgeous dishclothes, by the way what stitch did u use to make them??

rebecca
12-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Both ard STUNNING!! I love love the neckwarmer :heart: ...love the other one, too...but I think I must knit one like your neckwarmer...very nice.
Your clothes are beautiful, too ;)
I pm'd you, u may just have to experiment a bit with flowers to come up with the one you want ;)

vcuchica931
12-08-2005, 07:28 PM
OMG I love the blue scarve and the other washclothes! The neckwarmer is cute as well. Are you making them as presents? I read that you were making six of them. If, so they will make excellent gifts!

jodstr2
12-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Annette - they are both gorgeous. BRAVA!!!!!! :happydance: :cheering:

InterNette
12-08-2005, 09:51 PM
thank you everyone, that is very kind. The scarf I used the double woven stitch.

Mer
12-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Those are gorgeous, Annette!

Rennagayle
12-08-2005, 11:31 PM
They are both beautiful, indeed! I'm nearing completion of that same pattern for the bow-tie scarf (neckwarmer). It's my first non plain jane scarf to make. I had to get Ingrid to 'splain to me what they meant about knitting two sides at once (for the hole part), but after that, it was easy as pie. I love that pattern, and plan to make more of those, too! :thumbsup:

chanmouli
12-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi Internette,
Could you please post the double woven stitch pattern?. I am a beginner so i dont know how to make double woven stitch. I am planning to make a scarf out of it, so if u send the pattern that would be very helpful for me.
Can't wait to start the project. :XX:

Thanks in advance.

Debbie
12-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Beautiful!

CarmenIbanez
12-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I looked it up: here is the basic stitch pattern.

Multiple of 4
Row 1 (RS): K3, *sl 2 wyif, k2; rep from * to last st, k1.
Row 2: Purl
Row 3: k1, *sl 2 wyif, k2; rep from * to last 3 sts, sl2 wyif, k1.
Row 4: Purl.

Rep these 4 rows.

What I don't understand is how it works with the variegated yarn to make the beautiful colors. Must try a few swatches!

itscryttle
12-11-2005, 01:02 AM
OMG I too can't take my eyes off that blue one!!! Its beautiful!!! :thumbsup:

dustinac
12-11-2005, 10:37 AM
:happydance: They look wonderful I love the blue one too!! :cheering:

KnitKath
02-14-2006, 04:54 PM
I am in the process of beginning another pair of socks...I am addicted to knitting socks, the trouble is every time I make a pair they usually end up going to a member of my family. I rarely make a pair for myself....but, this time I'm going to try to make a pair just for me :D I found a nice pattern for cute ankle socks. I also have a sweater that I've yet to begin,
because I am stuck on knitting socks.
Happy Knitting!!!

ScandaKnitvian
02-14-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm thinking it would make a very cool-looking poncho. Thanks for sharing! Your scarves are gorgeous.

Patty

KnitKath
02-14-2006, 06:29 PM
I am in the process of beginning another pair of socks...I am addicted to knitting socks, the trouble is every time I make a pair they usually end up going to a member of my family. I rarely make a pair for myself....but, this time I'm going to try to make a pair just for me :D I found a nice pattern for cute ankle socks. I also have a sweater that I've yet to begin,
because I am stuck on knitting socks.
Happy Knitting!!!

Pensguys
02-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Could you tell what the pattern is for the ankle socks?

I know about being hung up on knitting socks! LOL I'm that way now too!

Danielle
02-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Everything looks great! :thumbsup: