PDA

View Full Version : Any men?

Stitch
12-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Just curious....are there any men on this board? the "stereotype" thread got me thinking....
knitting is also stereotypical of little old LADIES....not men.

SIL was telling me she is in this knitting group or soemthing like ah and there is a mens knitting group! i think that is awesome!!

Ingrid
12-11-2005, 10:37 AM
We have men! Not many, but some. Hey guys!! Speak up!

GlenBoRTR
12-11-2005, 11:59 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Here's a guy!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
12-11-2005, 12:24 PM
OMG I think we have TONS of GREAT guys here! :heart:

Glen (above)
Norman
Joel (where has he been, btw?)
Rorshach
Jeremy
BoyforPele
Aidan (also MIA for a bit!)
JGM (who should be getting ENGAGED this weekend! :cheering: )
Salvatore (although his posts are few and far between :( )

Forgive me if I forgot anyone!

Stitch
12-11-2005, 12:34 PM
YAY! that makes me happy!!

boyforpele13
12-11-2005, 12:49 PM
here i are!!! :D

Carol_OH
12-11-2005, 12:56 PM
here's one of my fav blogs to read - and he's a GUY!

http://brooklyntweed.blogspot.com/

Jeremy
12-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks Kelly :D

Sara
12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Don't forget Codiferous! Cody is an overacheiving high schooler from all accounts, we haven't heard from him in a bit. And then, I think, there's also loofnicnad, but he only shows up ocassionally.

KellyK
12-11-2005, 06:23 PM
OMG I KNEW Id forget someone! :oops: They are GREAT, too!!! :heart:

rebecca
12-11-2005, 08:17 PM
We have still more guys...SPEAK UP!! All quite talented :D ! :cheering: :cheering:

itscryttle
12-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey thats awesome there are guy knitters!!! :cheering:

wewantmore
12-11-2005, 11:06 PM
My husband knits. But I don't *let* him on the computer much. ;)

KellyK
12-12-2005, 12:45 AM
That's AWESOME! When did he learn? Did YOU teach him?

Jenelle
12-12-2005, 02:41 AM
No guys in my family knit, but some crochet. I taught my dad last summer, but he stopped after five months. My brother(who is 19), wants to learn how to crochet, but I don't think he's really 'up to it'.

But it's great to know that guys are on here and that they knit! :D

I watched something on TV one time about theres a knitting place somewhere in NY, its like a club where a bunch of people(men and women) get together and knit and make funky things. It's honestly great that guys knit AND crochet. :)

AidanM
12-12-2005, 02:49 AM
I have arrived! I am Aidan, resident male crocheter. I admit, knitting only interests me in theory. Though I did knit a ribbed scarf that is about 12 feet long. That has been my big accomplishment with knitting. Well, that and a few tiny socks.

KellyK
12-12-2005, 08:24 AM
I admit, knitting only interests me in theory.

Well, knitting and OUR charming selves, RIGHT??? :mrgreen:

wewantmore
12-12-2005, 11:22 AM
That's AWESOME! When did he learn? Did YOU teach him?

Nope HE taught ME. :roflhard: I just couldn't get the hang of it. He's very handy. He does woodworking. So I asked for his help. He watched the videos, watched what I was doing, but we couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. So he learned. Showed me what was wrong and has been knitting since.

What's funny is watching him knit while watching Nascar or Football. :rofling: :rofling:

feministmama
12-12-2005, 01:44 PM

O my goddess, if you click this link and scroll all the way down the second to last hat is so yummy! And if I'm reading this correctly he made up the pattern himself!!!! I'm gonna have to write to him for it.

geminiwb
12-12-2005, 02:02 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Another Male Knitter :cheering: :cheering:

And fairly new to the boards :happydance:

-Wes

Carol_OH
12-12-2005, 02:21 PM

O my goddess, if you click this link and scroll all the way down the second to last hat is so yummy! And if I'm reading this correctly he made up the pattern himself!!!! I'm gonna have to write to him for it.

He is super cool!

JGM
12-12-2005, 02:23 PM
bump. man here. ;)

Jenelle
12-12-2005, 02:35 PM

Alot of his hats are yummy :drooling: :inlove:

MaryS
12-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Hi JGM,

Glad you're here too!!

Femmi,

When I looked at that blog, I think the second to the bottom hat was Shedir. In brown with a Celtic look to it? If that's the one you wanted, it's the Shedir pattern from knitty.com. It really is beautiful!!

Gonna have to make another hat...another hat...another hat.
How many can you wear at one time? :??

Mary

Norman
12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
I'll run in to say I'm here.. then run back out..

Knit blog is in the siggie.. and I have one in our blog threads here..

Be back soon y'all

KellyK
12-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Nope HE taught ME. :roflhard: I just couldn't get the hang of it. He's very handy. He does woodworking. So I asked for his help. He watched the videos, watched what I was doing, but we couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. So he learned. Showed me what was wrong and has been knitting since.

What's funny is watching him knit while watching Nascar or Football. :rofling: :rofling:

That's TOO AWESOME! And, shame on ME for assuming that it was the female half that would do the teaching!

feministmama
12-12-2005, 07:06 PM
I saw a man KIP at the library today. He looked very serious. No one seemed to be paying him any mind though. Whihc is good. Seeing men KIP is no bug deal :cheering:

AidanM
12-12-2005, 09:02 PM
I admit, knitting only interests me in theory.

Well, knitting and OUR charming selves, RIGHT??? :mrgreen:
Of course!

shellebelle216
12-12-2005, 09:47 PM
wewantmore,
my husband also taught me. I have very little patience and could not get the hang of it. He took the book and figured out knit and purl sts then showed me. After he figured out how it works he was bored though.

Rorshach
12-13-2005, 04:07 PM
I, too, was previously mentioned. I knit quite often. it depends really what is going on. My wife crochets, and I taught her how to knit.

feministmama
12-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Femmi,

When I looked at that blog, I think the second to the bottom hat was Shedir. In brown with a Celtic look to it? If that's the one you wanted, it's the Shedir pattern from knitty.com. It really is beautiful!!

I looked on knitty and I couldn't find it. Is it one of them surpises they do on KNitty? cuz I didn't see it in the archive :thinking:

MaryS
12-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi femmi,

It took me a while to find that pattern too. :rollseyes:

It's in the special Breast Cancer Awareness issue of Knitty. The patterns from that issue don't come up in the pattern archive, but if you scroll down the "Issue" row in the archive you'll see the special PDF issue of Knitty. The Shedir pattern is in there. If you still can't find it, PM me and I'll photocopy the issue and mail it to you. :thumbsup:

I really want to knit that hat, but I'm up to my elbows (or eyebrows) in sweaters right now!

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

Joel
12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
I are a knitter... (sometimes) although you wouldnt know it from my recent activity.

;)

feministmama
12-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks MaryS I found it!