PDA

View Full Version : Favorite needles?

EmilyKaye
12-12-2005, 01:05 AM
I was talking to a friend who has an interesting story about how she came to own her favorite pair of needles and it got me thinking...what needles would I grab first if there was a fire? Which ones would be irreplaceable?

I would pick the silly blue size 11 plastic needles that I ran across in a $1 bin at Joanns. They were an impulse buy, and the best one by far!

What about ya'll?

misstialouise
12-12-2005, 01:09 AM
My Boye interchangeables...

lurve them.

brendajos
12-12-2005, 01:11 AM
well i wuldn't say they are irreplaceable but i LOVE my addis! i have played with the denises a little bit and i have a feeling i am going to feel about the same about them when i get them!

KellyK
12-12-2005, 01:13 AM
First, Id grab my dogs....THEN both sets of my Denises!

EmilyKaye
12-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Yeah, I think I forgot about my son...grab him then the needles...my mom is this way about her massive (and I mean MASSIVE) collection of crochet hooks.

Julie
12-12-2005, 01:57 AM
I have a little Sterilite bin with aaaaall of my needles in it. If I had to choose, of course I'd save the Addis first...but I'd prefer to grab the whole bin. :D

Vendie
12-12-2005, 07:39 AM
All of my straights are in my Jordana Paige Needle case that I won during KH's 1st anniversary last month, so I could easily grab that. And all that is in the same room as my two bins of yarn and my Denises, so really, I'd try to grab those too. :D

But my kitty cat would be first tho - altho she could easily fit into one of those bins, so I wouldn't lose her... :thinking:

Jax3303
12-12-2005, 08:59 AM
After I got my kids out, I would grab my yarn bins. If I could run back in after that, I would grab my denise needles.

dustinac
12-12-2005, 09:29 AM
:roflhard: yeah I'd grab my kids, cat, dog, and then my yarn bin well Isaiah is 5 he could carry my needle case while we ran out the first time... :thinking:

MrsBear87
12-12-2005, 09:37 AM
In my right hand: My sentimental favorite would be the big plastic size 10 needles I got as part of a Spinnerin Learn to Knit kit I got as a kid.

My Denise needles would be in my left!

(Hubby, son, cats, baby pictures balanced on my head...)

Jax3303
12-12-2005, 09:42 AM
:roflhard: yeah I'd grab my kids, cat, dog, and then my yarn bin well Isaiah is 5 he could carry my needle case while we ran out the first time... :thinking:

Oooh, I didn't think of having the kids cary stuff out!

brendajos
12-12-2005, 09:49 AM

pooooooooooooooor JD! ;)

tigger0229
12-12-2005, 10:11 AM
you know, I'd have to just stomp out the fire!! I have too much stash (both needlework and some knitting stash now) and there's no way I could pick!
So you could call me Smokey the Bear and I'd be using my big feet to stomp it out. LOL.

Julie
12-12-2005, 10:16 AM
what needles would I grab first if there was a fire? I just wanted to point out that this was the question...lest y'all think I'm awful for not mentioning going for my kids first... ;)

knitncook
12-12-2005, 10:21 AM
I only have on pair that are irreplaceable. They are this huge honkin size a billion (I really have no idea higher than teens) wooden needles that my mom got when we lived in Spain. I can remember her making an afghan for my brother on them. I can replace everything else, but those needles and they don't fit in my needle case, so I couldn't just grab the case and run. The hardest thing for me would be all my WIP's because they are all in different bags scattered around the house. I can replace yarn, needles, stitch markers, etc. But not the time I have already spent knitting. That is truly irreplaceable!

kemp
12-12-2005, 10:50 AM
I think I'd be more likely to go save some of my yarn than worry about my needles. I love my denises, but it's not like they're discontinued or anything...easier to replace ;)

ChroniclesofYarnia
12-12-2005, 10:56 AM
I would leave it all in there and have a great time buying all new yarn and needles with the insurance money. ;)

rebecca
12-12-2005, 01:20 PM
It used to be that I would grab my Inox & Susan Bates Quicksilver (I do still love & use them)...BUT...that was before I found a reasonable source for addi's and have been collecting them...SO. I would grab my addi's...well, and my Denise's bc u can use them for so much...and I really need the Quicksilvers bc I have all sizes and I must have all of my dpns for socks and my single point Boyes are sentimental bc I learned to knit with them. Then there are all of the other circs that I will need for sweater knitting..... :thinking: I WOULD GRAB MY HUSBAND & ANIMALS, we would all be dead if I had to decide which needles :shock:

Ingrid
12-12-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm with Yarnmommy. I'd tell the insurance company about how I had Addis of every size and length, about the beautiful rosewood straights, and about the luxury yarn stash that burned up tragically. :( If they find a blob of melted acrylic, I'd just say it was one of the kids' toys. ;)

Jan in CA
12-12-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm with Yarnmommy. I'd tell the insurance company about how I had Addis of every size and length, about the beautiful rosewood straights, and about the luxury yarn stash that burned up tragically. :( If they find a blob of melted acrylic, I'd just say it was one of the kids' toys. ;)

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :thumbsup:

nicolethegeek
12-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Well since I've got four of my seven kids living here ATM, and we *did* have a fire a little while ago, I know that all but the youngest can get out on their own... that means that they each get to grab a bin of "something" on the way out! :roflhard: Besides, I've taught 2 of them to crochet, and 1 to knit... so it would give them something to do too! The younger two just "help" with knitting and crocheting so far! I've got a pair of Boye size 10s that I absolutely love, but that's just because it feels like I'm knitting with my absolutely favourite crochet hook {one that I would trade all but my youngest child for!!!}, an antique Prims size I. That hook would be the first thing I'd grab off of my desk! Actually that, and my HeartMade Blessings comfortghan are about the only two completely irreplaceable items I can think of. Even my Mom's jewelry box {with some original one-of-a-kinds} isn't as precious as those!