PDA

View Full Version : Tubey KAL

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Andrea
03-08-2006, 01:11 AM
try it on! we want to see!!!!!!

Can I ask a really stupid question? Do you just thread a different color yarn on a tapestry needle and slip all the stitches on that? I've never had to try anything on that I'm knitting...

I'll try it on tomorrow and either take a picture of myself Cate style or wait til DH comes home ;) I'm 9 inches in...when I eyeball it, it doesn't seem like I have that much longer because the shrug part goes almost 1/2 way down my back...we'll see :D

CateKnits
03-08-2006, 01:52 AM
That's how I would do it, Andrea!
Go for it! And you're sooooo close! :cheering: I'm about to 8 inches.

aprildavis99
03-08-2006, 05:03 AM
I'm just wondering if Angelia's stripes are wonky because the model has bigger boobs than the girl on the Knitty pattern. It pulls the fabric forard and makes it ride up in front, making the back appear longer. Just a thought for us bigger chested tubey-ers. :thinking:

Angelia
03-08-2006, 07:37 AM
The Knitty model (the designer, too) says her bust is 36, which is about what mine is, though not much boobage is occuring in my case. I thought at first that maybe hers are squished in the pic...

If I use more of the cinnamon to make up for the dip in the bag, I'll have to order more of it. I was really depending on the stripes to help me out. Isn't that sad, having to order more yarn ;)

AmandaC
03-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Angelia - STOP!!! don't make any changes to the pattern ....
I just happen to be wearing my tubey and have nipped into the loo to have a check in the mirror and YES the stripes do go up at the front, but this is only noticiable from the side .... when you look front on they are straight.

I think it only looks funny cos you haven't got further down on the body yet.

Good luck

Angelia
03-08-2006, 08:00 AM
"Stop!"

:rofling: :rofling:

You think it will work out okay, then? I have wondered whether the weight of the rest of the body would help correct the problem somewhat. I could, I guess, keep knitting and see what happens.

Thanks, Amanda! :heart: :heart:

countingsheep
03-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Um... Ang.... are you complaining because the stripes make your boobs look bigger? :?? If that's the case... I am seriously confused. :shock: If it'll make mine look bigger... I'll buy it from you! :roflhard:

I like it and think you are being silly! Keep going and let us know what happens.

Ang

PS - You have very good posture! ;)

Andrea
03-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Ok, I tried it on! And Angelia, my rides up too...I think it'll be fine once it's done though. It's soooooo fun! I'm ALMOST DONE! I think I shall wear Tubey every day!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

CateKnits
03-08-2006, 07:09 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Yaaaay, Andrea!
I guess I should pick mine up again. :rollseyes:

Andrea
03-08-2006, 07:14 PM
:doh: I forgot to put the stolen street sign behind me!!
Just kidding! Thanks Cate! :D

CateKnits
03-08-2006, 07:15 PM
:P :P :P :P :P :P!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-09-2006, 12:05 AM
oooo andrea it's fabulous! I love your second picture.... it looks like you're voguing :-) Strike a Pose! :-)

Andrea
03-09-2006, 02:53 AM
:rofling: I wanted to show Angelia that she's not alone with the slanted body :D

Angelia
03-09-2006, 10:45 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Thanks Andrea! :heart: :heart:

And Ang, I'm not complaining that something makes my boobs look bigger--far from it! It's the wonky stripe that's the problem. It makes the sweater look cheap. :( Thanks for the compliment re my posture, but I should say that I am a sloucher...I don't know why my back is ramrod straight in that photo!

Re the wonky stripe: I'm just going to order more cinnamon Merino Style and go solid to just below my boobs so that the stripes don't slant as much.

AmandaC
03-09-2006, 10:56 AM
That looks grrrreatt! Andrea

It is funny to see everyone wearing my jumper tho! ;) Even though they are in different colours. It must be even wierder for the designer ... can you imagine wearing your original hand knit jumper out and spotting someone else in a bar/shop wearing the same one!

Angelia
03-09-2006, 11:01 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

That would be a surrreal experience, wouldn't it? :shock:

mishka
03-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Wow aren't the Tubey's looking good :)

It is funny seeing something that's not even finished yet on someone else. LOL.

I'm getting there. I'm not sure if mine will turn out as nice as everyone elses, but gotta keep going.

Julie
03-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Here's mine....sniff.....not looking forward to taking out the 150+ bound off stitches.... :crying:

Angelia
03-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Oh Julie, it's gorgeous! :inlove: :inlove: I love the ribbing at the cuffs!

How sad that you have to rework it :(

Andrea
03-09-2006, 07:45 PM
:inlove: :inlove: Very pretty Julie! Love the color! You are such a nice friend!!!

volmel
03-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Julie, I'm just crazy about that tubey you did. I may do another in that color! What a great knitter you are.

mel

VickiIL
03-13-2006, 02:05 PM
:cheering: I finished the shrug part! And it fits! ( I took pictures but will upload them latter.)

Now I am struggling with picking up the stitches. I can't figure out why this is so hard but I keep ripping it out! This is so frustrating I cant seem to get enough picked up.

VickiIL
03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Here is the shrug part to my tubey.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-13-2006, 06:57 PM
:cheering: yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I couldn't get the pick ups right either. I just started from the bottom. It wasn't worth my stress level!!!!

Andrea
03-13-2006, 10:10 PM
:cheering: Looking good Vicki!!

CateKnits
03-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Keep going! Keep going!

I've got about 10 and a half inches on the body. I think I'm going to make it a bit shorter than the pattern suggests so it feels more "springy."

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-13-2006, 10:21 PM
how short are you going?

CateKnits
03-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Probably 15 inches instead of 17.5 inches. I'm pretty short in the torso and I don't want it to hang over my jeans too much. I'm not making it cropped or anything. I had a favorite sweater a couple of years ago that showed maybe a quarter inch of skin and now that I can fit in my old pants again, I want to make one like that. :rollseyes:

nanonette
03-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Love your sweater, Julie!! I think I should have made a solid color, too!

Vicki, your colors are fabulous!!

nanonette
03-13-2006, 10:58 PM
I finished Tubey tonight!!! :cheering:

I don't know if I like it very much. I'm not thrilled about the colors now that they're knit up - think they look too 80's. And I think the stripes make me look both flat chested and pudgy at the same time. :( Bummer! But hey, at least I finished my first sweater. ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Nan!!! that is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! I don't think you look pudgy or flat chested or 80s at ALL!!!! It's SO flattering on you!

CateKnits
03-14-2006, 12:22 AM
If that's '80s, it's GOOD '80s! And it looked like it fits so well! :cheering:

Andrea
03-14-2006, 04:34 AM
Nano it looks FANTASTIC!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Great job!! I really like the colors!

AmandaC
03-14-2006, 04:52 AM
Nanonette - that is gorgeous!

nanonette
03-14-2006, 07:44 AM
Thank you, ladies!! :blush: You're helping me build up my nerve to actually wear it to work. :shock: :D

Andrea
03-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Wear it and be proud! It's GORGEOUS!! :inlove:

AmandaC
03-14-2006, 08:27 AM
I am wearing mine today! It is lovely and warm :D

I would be proud to wear yours ... it is gorgeous.

candicane
03-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Nanonette,

It is great! I really like the sleeve length it is very flattering.
Candice

Angelia
03-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Oh Nan, that looks beautiful! It fits you PERFECTLY!! :thumbsup:

Wear it!!

CateKnits
03-14-2006, 02:14 PM
I keep knitting and knitting and it's not getting any longer! I'm at the really impatient stage now. :evil:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-14-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm having a problem with my tubey :-(

I think it's going to be too small. That means I royally screwed up counting how many cast on stitches I needed (since i'm an idiot and had to start from the bottom... why am I the only one who can't figrue out the diagram???).... and since I counted like TWENTY times I know that can't be it.... how much does this the body stretch??? I am making a size BIGGER than the biggest they have listed, and it STILL looks like it could fit a 90 pound 6th grader :verysad: I'm like 2 and a half times that big. I know it's going to stretch but "stretches to fit" and "stretches so tight you can see every bulge" are different things :verysad:

the pattern says:
160[172, 184, 196, 216] sts on needle.

Now, According to my math, the LAST number should be 208, not 216... because there is a diferent of 12 stitches between all the sizes... but I ignored this originally, and cast on 216=12=228 Sooo. I cast on 228 stitches (if I realized the pattern error earlier I would have cast on 220, so since 228 is more than 220 the sweater would be BIGGER so it doesn't matter). I'm doing k1p3 (inside out, remember I purl faster). I have 57 little colums of stitches, and 57x4=228. (i am just assuring myself that my math is right and i didn't screw up counting)

According to the pattern , the unstretched version of my sweater should be 19.5 inches, and streches up to 29.5 ...... but since I cast on too many stitches, it shou.ld end up being BIGGER than that, so let's just say 30 for argument sake (it should be bigger). That means it will stretch up to 60inches around. I am not 60 inches around. So unless my gauge magically changed in the middle of making the sweater (drastically) then it should fit, right??????????????????

I don't want to :frog:

:verysad: i'll never make another sweater again :verysad:

CateKnits
03-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Hildie, dear, don't let this stop you from future sweaters! It took me several tries and many times throwing it down and leaving it in a box for weeks to get my body started. I almost did it separately to figure out later. So you aren't the only one with that issue!
Can you put what you have on scrap yarn and see if it'll fit? I'm doubting mine will fit, too, but I'm being stubborn. :heart:

Angelia
03-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Apparently I am a quitter knitter.

I gave up on Cinxia b/c it was driving me mad, and now Tubey has done the same thing. I just refuse to be tyrannized by knitting! So, frog ewe, sweaters from hell! I haven't given up on sweaters, entirely. Just on the ones I start to knit... :rollseyes:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-14-2006, 11:01 PM
don't worry Ang, you can I can go frog int he corner and comfort each other

Angelia
03-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Aw Hildie!! :heart: Hugs :heart:

R.I.P. Tubey. :(

Andrea
03-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Oh :heart: Hildie and Angelia :heart: I'm really sad about all this... :verysad:
Hildie, I agree with Cate, try it on....pweeeeeeeease????? And Angelia, pweeeeeeeeease don't be a quitter!

candicane
03-15-2006, 09:55 AM
I made the XS and while I was knitting I thought that there was NO WAY that this tiny looking thing was going to fit. Thankfully it did, so before you frog... try it on!

Candice

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, I'm not going to frog it. WOrse comes to worse I have to lose some more pounds before it will fit... I've been stuck in the 80-85 range for a month or so now, so if it doesn't fit (or it fits but I feel uncomfortable in it) then I will just have to get off my *** and start doing situps!

and anyway, if I :frog: this will be the FOURTH sweater I have ripped out (the other three ended up too big because I lost weight faster than i could knit). I am not frogging another sweater! I am going to finish this one AND WEAR IT if it kills me!!!!!! :mad:

On a brighter note, I do have 8 inches done.... so that's a third of the way through.

Andrea
03-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I am going to finish this one AND WEAR IT if it kills me!!!!!! :mad:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Atta Girl!

nanonette
03-15-2006, 06:55 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Way to go, Hildie!! Can't wait to see your FINISHED sweater!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-15-2006, 08:44 PM
:mad: i hate this sweater :mad:

Andrea
03-16-2006, 06:43 AM
:mad: i hate this sweater :mad:

:fingerwag:
You can do it, Hildie!!

Angelia
03-16-2006, 08:48 AM
Yay Hildie! :happydance: :happydance:

I was looking at the partial Tubey last night, thinking that maybe I should frog it and make it smaller. I went for the M, but I'm convinced that the XS will work just fine. I love the style of this sweater, and it's not really that hard to knit. It's just hard to size!

AmandaC
03-16-2006, 09:39 AM
I made the XS and I am a UK 10 which I think is a US 6??? I think the XS would still fit me if I was a UK 12 (US 8) and poss a 14(10) if this is any help at all. The ribbing would just be more stretchified. for reference the picture of mine is on page 46.

candicane
03-16-2006, 10:20 AM
I also made the XS and am a US size 4. Although the body fits fine, it probably could have been even smaller. The neckline on mine (in the front) is not straight like in the model photo - it came out as more of a scoop neck (page 39). Maybe if I had a larger chest if would fit better. I guess it is ok, since I could wear a shirt under it. The Andean Silk is itchy to me against my skin.

Candice

CateKnits
03-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Bah, now I have more doubts about mine fitting. Maybe I should just frog it, too. I could keep the shrug.

Andrea
03-16-2006, 04:12 PM
NOBODY IS GOING TO FROG THEIR TUBEY! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR????

Get to work, EVERYBODY!
:rofling:

CateKnits
03-16-2006, 04:21 PM
I just finished! I still have some ends to weave in...and it makes my boobies look enormous. :shock: And the back bunches, like so many other Tubeys. :( I'll take a picture later.

CateKnits
03-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Okay, ignore the loose ends, mirror dust, and orange tank top.

AmandaC
03-16-2006, 04:50 PM
I think that looks really lovely. Well done :cheering: you've finished it :cheering:

nanonette
03-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Cate, I LOVE your Tubey!! I think it looks fabulous on you!! And such cool colors, too!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

CateKnits
03-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks. :D

Andrea, you're next! :cheering:

Andrea
03-16-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm trying!! :D

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-16-2006, 08:21 PM
your boobies don't look enormous! they look beautiful!

:??

:shock:

you know what I mean.

CateKnits
03-16-2006, 08:43 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: Thanks, Hilde!

Ingrid
03-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Hildie should know! She's the Boobie Expert! :happydance:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-16-2006, 11:33 PM
yeah! I should have amy change my "mod squad" thing to "boobie expert"

candicane
03-17-2006, 09:42 AM
I wish I had boobies. ok, sometimes I wish I did. Cate, your sweater is beautiful. Love the colors and the length. I think I want mine to be shorter too.

candice

jamadian75
03-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Everyone is doing SO well - you are really overcoming some knitting nightmares and redos and adjustments and WHEW! I'm really impressed, and inspired! :cheering: :cheering:

A couple toddler hat/mitten sets, one shrug, some seaming on a jumper and a KAL blanket to finish then I'm jumping RIGHT in here on this Tubey train dangit!!! :rofling:

Hey, maybe it will be finished by the time it's cool enough to wear it here in S. Fla! :thumbsup: (<--that's me keeping hope alive)

:XX: Stitch on!!!

mishka
03-18-2006, 01:11 PM
:happydance:

After two bind off's, my Tubey is finished. I confess I'm not 100% convinced about my colours and stuff, but I have been looking at it for quite a few weeks now, might not wear it for a year....

Thought I'd post a pic anyway.

Chelle.

CateKnits
03-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Yaaay! Another finished Tubey! I like that yours is a light color.
Looks great! :cheering:

feministmama
03-18-2006, 01:32 PM
I am so inspried by y'all! Yer tubeys look fabulous! And nobodys boobies look bad and no one looks fat :shock:

So here's a question. Does the back of the neck part bother anyone at all? It looks like that might be my only problem with this sweater.

CateKnits
03-18-2006, 01:37 PM
It didn't bother me when I wore it as a shrug, but I haven't worn it as a sweater for more than 10 minutes yet. :lol: I'm sure everyone else will have more helpful answers!

nanonette
03-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Chelle, love your sweater!! The lighter colors are fabulous and the fit is PERFECT!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

feministmama, the rolling at the sweater collar doesn't bother me when I wear it. I like that it made the sweater very easy to knit.

AmandaC
03-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Chelle, I love your tubey .... which wool/yarn did you use?

Feministmama - the back of the neck doesn't bother me - makes me nice and warm! My problem would be having a long neck at the front ie polar neck - I'm not good with things touching my throat!

Julie
03-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Looks great Cate! And Chelle!!

I'd better get cracking or Andrea is going to beat me.... :rollseyes: :roflhard:

CateKnits
03-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm wearing mine today!
(ten bucks says I end up wearing it again on Friday :rollseyes: At least then it'll be the only sweater I've made that got worn more than once!)

CateKnits
03-20-2006, 05:26 PM
I can't remember who used Andean Silk and who didn't, but there's a Tubey related question about it here ( http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10908 ) if anyone can help.

Andrea
03-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Looks great Cate! And Chelle!!

I'd better get cracking or Andrea is going to beat me.... :rollseyes: :roflhard:

:roflhard: I've worked on it a bit today, it seems so neverending! Even my DH asked me "Shouldn't you be DONE with that by now?" :rollseyes:

Julie
03-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Um, yeah, me too...except mine is all, "Wait, weren't you done with that two weeks ago??" :shock: :rollseyes:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-20-2006, 11:25 PM
i keep getting that too. DH said to me last night "maybe you should work on it some more" and I'm like "it's all i've been DOING since January!!!!! " :wall:

now that I have more inches done, it looks like it might be feasible that it could possibly maybe stretch to kind of fit. :??

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-21-2006, 12:07 AM
YAY!!!! But, alas, a problem.....

I tried on the bottom 10 inches of tubey and it fits!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering:

Unfortunately, it's going to be too big in the waist, BUT it will fit on the boobs.

:wall: why am i shaped so freaking wierd? I'm all hips and boobs, with a disporportionally small waist :wall:

soooooo, I think I am going to switch to smaller needles for a few inches in the middle... that should make it tighter, right? Then I can switch back to the regular size for the top part.

Still not sure how I'm going to attatch the bottom to the shrug.... :??

Julie
03-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Well, it's a tube...couldn't the 10 inches you just knitted be the TOP? Then you could decrease or switch to smaller needles for the rest and make it the bottom??

mishka
03-21-2006, 04:51 AM
I didn't use anything special for my Tubey, I think it was Sirdar Toddler. Not as soft as Debbie Bliss, but easier to wash ;)

Keep :XX: and :XX: and :XX: LOL it does go on ;)

Andrea
03-21-2006, 05:46 AM
Since the bottom of the shrug part is slipped stitches, could you bind off the bottom then attach it with the crochet thingie we did for the afghan?? :thinking:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-21-2006, 11:17 PM
i could do either of those things... but I don't want to have to figure out how to decreas3e in 3x1 ribbing... so I think i'll go for the switching needle sizes. that's easiest i think.

LeslieA
03-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Those sweaters are gorgeous. Great job ladies. Maybe someday I can make one like that too. :blush:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Okay!!!

Tubey is coming along! I decided to try it on again last night, with the shrug, and I've gotten to the point where the back part of the shrug will meet the bottom tube. I had my best friend, our art teacher and also a knitter, mark the stitches where there the shrg and boob tube meet. I finished my round, put the boob tube stitchs b/t the markers on a holder (an extra denise cable) and now I am knitting the rest of the tube back and forth. I'm going to try it on again in an inch or 2 and see if I need to "hold" anything else, or BO or whatever for the armpit area.

Yippee!!! :cheering:

Uhm, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe I'll be done before the next sweater KAL starts on Sunday??? Maybe? :thinking:

CateKnits
03-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Go, Hilde! Go!
*sets up cheering section* :cheering: :cheering:

nanonette
03-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Woo Hoo!! Way to go, Hilde!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

aprildavis99
04-01-2006, 08:09 AM
Chelle, Love the colors!!!

I haven't knitted in almost 2 months. :shock: I got on this reading kick and have read over 15 books so far. Needless to say, my Tubey is waaaaaay behind. But everyone's progress is inspiring me to pick up my needles again. :XX:

Angelia
04-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Getting caught up on KH threads after vacation and moving is HARD. Knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!

Chelle and Cate your Tubeys look beautiful!! The fit so nicely and are so shapely! :inlove: :inlove:

I'm frogging the Tubey I've knit so far and am starting over (sorry Andrea!). Good news is I'm not giving up on the sweater itself because I love the style, but the one I've knit is just too big--the shrug is too wide, for starters, which is throwing everything off.

I can't wait to see your Tubeys, Hildie and Andrea!!

Andrea
04-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Getting caught up on KH threads after vacation and moving is HARD. Knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!

Amen! We're in a hotel in Bowling Green, KY right now, with free wireless! :D

TUBEY'S DONE!! AND I ALREADY WORE HER ONCE ON VACATION!!!!!!!

Pictures when I get to my house sometime tomorrow!!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-02-2006, 12:01 AM
:cheering: yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

mishka
04-02-2006, 04:01 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Yay, can't wait to see your pics :)

:thumbsup:

AmandaC
04-02-2006, 04:35 AM
:cheering: Andrea
:crying: Angelia

nanonette
04-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Awesome, Andrea!! Can't wait to see it!! :cheering: :cheering:

Angelia, I'm sorry that you plan to start over, but at least I'm certain you'll love your sweater this time around!

mishka
04-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Angelia, sorry you have to frog :(

Hopefully it will be worth it. :)

Andrea
04-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Here is my Tubey...looking it over, I see I have to re-weave my ends because they're all poking out through to the right side. It bunches up where I picked up stitches in the back, but I think I'll get over it! I wish I would have made a smaller size, I made the medium and it's a little big. Here are the pics!!

CateKnits
04-02-2006, 10:27 PM
:cheering: I love it, Andrea! But where, oh where, is your head?!

Andrea
04-02-2006, 10:30 PM
I begged Chris to cut it off because I was too bleeeeeech looking! :D

CateKnits
04-02-2006, 10:36 PM
:fingerwag:

Andrea
04-03-2006, 02:24 AM
:oops:

Julie
04-03-2006, 11:14 AM
It looks great! :inlove:

You really did beat me :shock:

Andrea
04-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks Julie! I REALLY wanted it done before I went on vacation! Now I just have to fix my weaved in ends because I did it wrong :(

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-03-2006, 03:51 PM
yay Andrea!

MINE IS DONE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :cheering:

I wore it to school today :happydance: Will post a picture tonight! :-)

mishka
04-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Yay Andrea, that looks lovely.

I've still not wore mine yet, don't know how I feel about it.

Hilde :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Here it is!!!!!! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=145923#145923)

can you tell i'm excited?

It is too big in the front. I can't bend over or WOOHOO there's a LOT of Hildie! :shock: I think I just shouldn't have made a size bigger than I thought I needed. Ohhh well, live and learn. I'm going to take it to the LYS, I think, and see if they have any suggestions for tightening up the front. Bonus, though, it DOESN"T bunch in the back :cheering: It just shows off a bit too much of the fun bags.... :oops:

Andrea
04-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Hildie I love it!!

And when I wear my little bra that pushes up my little ones, I look really busty and I :heart: it!!! :roflhard:

AmandaC
04-04-2006, 06:08 AM
:cheering: Yay Hilde :cheering:

I now have to dig mine out of the bottom of the washing basket and handwash it (well handwash cycle of the washing machine). Mine is quite warm so maybe I could still wear it but with just a jacket now instead of a coat :D

nanonette
04-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Beautiful work, Andrea & Hilde!!! You both look fabulous! Love your sweaters!! :thumbsup: :cheering:

Angelia
04-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Andrea and Hildie--fantabulous Tubeys!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

You both look great in them, too!

I can't wait to make one that fits properly. ;)

aprildavis99
04-05-2006, 03:56 AM
Oh Hilde and Andrea! They both look awesome. Hilde, it was nice seeing a yours in a bigger size. It fits you wonderfully. It gives me confidence that mine (when someday it's done) will look good too. I was kind of worried that it might be only a skinny person style. :heart:

Andrea
04-05-2006, 05:42 AM
Ok, I just read through all 58 pages of this thread, and I'm really close to crying...I am SO proud of everyone on this thread. There are so many FOs and close to being FOs...it's just so amazing...

And I'm almost inspired to make another one!

What I learned for next time:
1. Get an 8" circ for the sleeves
2. Make a size or two smaller
3. Work on a better cast on for the neckline
4. No increase on the sleeves (just a straight sleeve)
5. More stripes!

I miss making my Tubey... :(

I love you all and I'm so proud of all of us!
Now, get to work, Angelia! I want to see a finished Tubey!

PS---I LOVE how the most popular Tubey pose is the hands on the hips!! :happydance: :cheering:

Angelia
04-05-2006, 07:00 AM
It's the "dammit, look at my curvy-liciousness" pose!

Mine will get done. SOLID BLACK. I have the perfect grey wool pencil skirt to wear with it. Now I just have to find the yarn...

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-05-2006, 02:12 PM

Yes, it is!!! :eyebrow:

CateKnits
04-05-2006, 02:15 PM
I didn't pose like that, but probably only because I was being camera-face. :rollseyes:

Angelia
04-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Well, you couldn't pose like that since you were taking a pic of yourself in the mirror! It's kinda hard to do...but you're young and limber, so give it a go! :rofling:

CateKnits
04-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Young, yes, but limber? :rollseyes:

Angelia
04-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Creaky already?! It's all that studying! And knitting! :P

CateKnits
04-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I have the worst back ever. I don't know why. I'm even getting that hunchback thing. I hate it so much. :mad: And every once in a while, my right wrist will crack each and every time I wrap a stitch. It's a bit obnoxious.

Angelia
04-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Do you slouch, is that the problem? I am a terrible sloucher. I try to be good, but then I get tired and bored....

That wrist thing may need looking into, Cate!

Jeep_Girl
04-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Andrea - what size did you make and was that the one that you measured for? I'm not too far in to change my size if needed. Thanks!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-05-2006, 11:05 PM
You can also make it smaller just by going down a needle size or two. i was surprised at how stretchy it was.

CateKnits
04-05-2006, 11:15 PM
I try not to slouch. I lean back more than slouch, so my back should be kinda straight. And the wrist thing...I'm not going to worry about it. It took me three years and three doctors (and two sets of x-rays..oh, and an MRI!) to get one to even diagnose my knee problem, and it's still not any better. :rollseyes: At least the wrist is more obnoxious than painful!

Angelia
04-05-2006, 11:32 PM
I know what you mean about the obnoxious popping! I have TMJ (got my jaw knocked out of whack by a water disk--long story), so whenever I eat, my jaw pops. Drives the dh crazy--I think that's one of the reasons we eat while watching tv! ;)

Andrea
04-06-2006, 03:48 AM
Andrea - what size did you make and was that the one that you measured for? I'm not too far in to change my size if needed. Thanks!

I made the medium. I have a feeling I could have gone to the XS even. It has no shape to it, it just hangs. It's nothing like the picture on the pattern that shapes to the body. I didn't really measure myself, Chris measured my armpits length, but I don't know how accurate it was.

Angelia
04-06-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm making the XS when I do mine again, too.

Andrea
04-07-2006, 04:42 AM
I wore mine today and I was a little sad. It's so big :( I was bending over my shopping cart to put my groceries on the conveyor belt and my boobies were just about saying hello to everyone. I'm sure the security cameras loved me :rollseyes:

I need to wear some of camisole (sp?) underneath...

mishka
04-07-2006, 05:07 AM
I made the XS and it fits not too bad, I've got it on today for the first time, no probs as of yet. We'll see.....

Angelia
04-07-2006, 08:03 AM
I wore mine today and I was a little sad. It's so big :( I was bending over my shopping cart to put my groceries on the conveyor belt and my boobies were just about saying hello to everyone. I'm sure the security cameras loved me :rollseyes:

Hey, maybe you'll get some freebies out of it! ;)

Seriously, though, do what I'm doing: make another one, and make it an XS!

Andrea
04-07-2006, 09:31 AM
I think I might do that in black. And maybe stripes on the body a la the pattern ;)

Angelia
04-07-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm going for a solid this time. I like the stripes, but I have a particular purpose for this sweater.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-07-2006, 02:07 PM
which is....?

Jan in CA
04-07-2006, 02:31 PM
which is....?
Voila! LOL

Mine will get done. SOLID BLACK. I have the perfect grey wool pencil skirt to wear with it. Now I just have to find the yarn...

These are looking pretty cute! I was thinking I was way to booby to wear it, but you guys all look great! I may give it a try later. Too many things to work on right now. Oh and I'd probably go for black or a solid myself, but who knows by the time I get around to it. ;)

Julie
04-18-2006, 10:36 PM
At long--freaking-last:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/2006%20Knitting/0417_tubey.jpg

DONE!!!!!

CateKnits
04-18-2006, 10:38 PM
:cheering:

wildforyarn
04-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Yay Julie! I am still debating this project and I love that your Tubey is one color.... what yarn is that?

And, where is the picture of you wearing it???? ;)

nanonette
04-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Way to go, Julie!! I love it!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Andrea
04-18-2006, 11:52 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Nice job, Julie! Your friend will LOVE it!

Julie
04-19-2006, 12:07 AM
LOL, I'm not wearing it because it's not for me! :D I'll try to get a pic of it on my best friend so y'all can see the lovely bunchiness.... :rollseyes:

It's Knitpicks Merino Style, Asparagus.

Andrea
04-19-2006, 12:51 AM
So it's a little big? Grrr...I know the pattern says that, but I can't believe how sad I was when I realized how HUUUUUUUUUGE mine came out. Did you frog the whole body? Or was it just too short so you added rows??

Julie
04-19-2006, 02:04 AM
I just added rows -- by the time I started the body I was wise to the fact that it ran big, so I did the body in medium, thought the shrug was more large-ish, if I recall correctly. I wanted to do medium, but my bf was like noooo, do the large. Honestly, it's all a blur. :roflhard:

mishka
04-19-2006, 03:47 AM
Julie thats lovely. Well done, I love that colour :cheering:

I'd love to do a single colour one for my work (we have to wear all black!) I have a funny feeling that I might never get around to that along with my million other projects.

Angelia
04-19-2006, 07:32 AM
It looks beautiful, Julie! :thumbsup:

mulene
04-19-2006, 09:00 AM
They all look so gorgeous. I really am inspired to start mine soon!

wildforyarn
04-19-2006, 07:14 PM
LOL, I'm not wearing it because it's not for me! :D I'll try to get a pic of it on my best friend so y'all can see the lovely bunchiness.... :rollseyes:

Somehow I missed that this was a gift. :oops: It looks great and I am sure the recipient will love it!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-19-2006, 09:40 PM
:cheering: great job Julie!!

CarmenIbanez
05-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Like I said on another post.... this is definitely a project to add to my "to-do" list which is going to be finished in the year 2432 and have an approximate cost of $43.7 million in yarn.

Why can't I be independently wealthy so I can just knit all the time????

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-30-2006, 10:59 PM
hahahaha, your ETFO (estimated time of finished object) is crazy!!! :roflhard:

CarmenIbanez
05-31-2006, 11:39 AM
That is mostly an estimate of how much time it would take me to finish everything on my wish list of things to do. Most of the list is stuff for me, which always gets pushed to the side in order for me to make things for other people.

Okay, I had to edit this post because it didn't sound like I intended. I love to make things for other people! But since I can only knit so fast, the list of things I want to make for me keeps growing. Oh, and my taste keeps getting better, hence the $43.7 million in yarn it will take to complete all my projects. :roflhard: :roflhard:

knitaddict
05-31-2006, 12:13 PM
I know I'm about 5 months too late to join this KAL, but looking at all of your FO's, I am DEFINITELY going to knit a tubey. I've put the pattern in my favorites and am investigating yarn options right now.

Why, o'why do we only get paid 2ce a month??!!! ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-31-2006, 12:59 PM
charge it!!!

CarmenIbanez
05-31-2006, 01:14 PM
charge it!!!

BAD Hilde, Bad!

Angelia
06-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Her plan is to eliminate debt, Hildie! Foul temptress! :fingerwag:

knitaddict
06-01-2006, 10:57 AM
temptress! :fingerwag:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I *am* tempted. ;)

Jeep_Girl
06-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey all.... I need help what M1 stitch did you use for the sleeve for your Tubey? THANKS!!! I'm just about there and would hate to stop~!

Jeep_Girl
06-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Ingrid gave me her thoughts on the M1 - the one where you lift the bar and knit into the back of the loop.... just wanted to let you know.

Jeep_Girl
09-06-2006, 09:23 PM
ok girls!

I'm bound and determined to finish this.... I'm working on the second sleeve and before I start to pick up for the body - do I want to knit the size smaller than that I did for the sleeves? I know a bunch of you had said the body was really stretchy. I've got big boobies and don't want it to be too stretched out -- I would like form fitting...

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-06-2006, 09:49 PM
It IS really strechy. I should have knitted a size smaller. If I were to do this one again, I would knit a size smaller BUT add some short rows across the boobs.

CateKnits
09-06-2006, 11:05 PM
I knit an XS body and I've got Ds.

Jeep_Girl
09-07-2006, 07:49 AM
It IS really strechy. I should have knitted a size smaller. If I were to do this one again, I would knit a size smaller BUT add some short rows across the boobs.

I've never done that.... :?? Is that hard? I mean I've done SR in the clogs but I'm not sure I'd know where to put them in the sweater?

knit an XS body and I've got Ds.

I've got Ds too - {can you believe I forgot what size I was making?} I think I am doing a small so maybe you are right to go for the XS body. If I am doing the M - just go for the S??

beckyrhae
09-07-2006, 08:29 AM
I love this too... I plan on knitting it after the holidays for myself. Right now I'm knitting for Christmas presents.

candicane
09-07-2006, 09:38 AM
If you knit the body smaller than the sleeve piece (and therefore back piece), I would be concerned that you would have some bunching. It really is stretchy -- I made the whole thing in XS (with straight arms) and wish it was a little smaller.

candice

CateKnits
09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
I did small sleeves and an XS body. I don't have too much bunching, though. You just have to be careful about your spacing when you pick up the stitches.

Andrea
09-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Grrrrrrrrrr I have B/C cup and did a M. I was so STOOOOOOPID :!!!: :wall: :grrr:

The resurrected Tubey thread makes me remember how ANGRY I am that I screwed the stooooooooooooopid size up so bad! :!!!:

Have fun! :flirt:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-07-2006, 12:16 PM
:pout: what was wrong with yours again Andrea? :pout:

Andrea
09-07-2006, 05:01 PM
It's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge
:pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-07-2006, 10:51 PM
:gah: :hair: :!!!: :grrr: x-( :help: :frog:

Jeep_Girl
09-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Andrea - David measured me and when I went to the LYS to help with counting on my swatch - I asked her to measure me and David was OFF! I'm so glad I asked her help. Who would have thought that measuring from armpit to armpit would be so difficult? :shrug:

I'm almost done with the second sleeve!!! :cheering: I'm getting excited. Altho - I must admit I'm nervous about picking up for the body.

Anyone else feel weird about weaving in ends? I don't think I do it right.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-23-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't think I do it right either. I just try to do it as close to the edge or seam as possible... I figure no one is going to look RIGHT at the underside of my armpit, so who cares?

Jeep_Girl
09-24-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm almost done with my second sleeve - (and I dropped a stitch and was able to recover! Whew.) - and my question is - and maybe it doesn't matter - but where I joined to do the sleeves seems awfully loose - was yours this way and would you have any idea on any recommendations on how to tighten it or not to worry? Thanks!

Hildie - you are right~ as usual!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Mine was loose too, but I just left it :shrug: I put my tubey on today, for a brief period (it was too warm to wear it), and I can't see the looseness now that it's all together.

beckyrhae
09-25-2006, 12:11 AM
This is on my knit for myself list... I think I might move it up and give myself a Christmas present.

Jeep_Girl
09-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Becky come on and do it!

I finished the sleeve and put my markers in to get ready to pick up the stitches - I can't see the rows too good because I'm using a dark color yarn - is it ok to guesstimate and just try to pick up the stitches evenly? I'm so nervous about this step!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-25-2006, 05:59 PM
I can' thelp on this one, Lisa. I didn't get the directions AT ALL, and ended up working a tube from the bottom up and then crocheting them together.

Jeep_Girl
09-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Hildie - that is a great idea! If I can't get this to work properly - that might be the way to go~!!

CateKnits
09-25-2006, 08:58 PM
I picked up probably only about 2/3 of the amount of stitches I was supposed to and mine turned out okay. :shrug: But, uh, don't hold me to that if you do it!

Jeep_Girl
09-26-2006, 01:03 PM
I can't believe it - but after a few times trying - I picked up the stitches~!~ ! Hopefully I did it right.

The question I have now is - why would the beginning of the rib round happen at the side marker and not the front where you joined in the round? Should the beginning be when you joined?

Alice's Restaurant
10-02-2006, 11:46 AM
So, I've just got some yarn for this and I'm ready to get started. But of course, I have questions.

Im seeing that several of the folks that knit this have had some trouble with sizing, so I'm nervous about that. Here's what I'm working with:

I'm using KP andean silk.

I knit a swatch of stockinette and of the ribbing on size 8 needles, and did not get gauge. Both swatches are a bit smaller than they "should" be, but I don't really want to go up in needle size, because I think it would look too loose, if you know what I mean.

My husband measured me for the cross-back measurement, and said it's 20 inches. According to the pattern, I should be knitting a medium, right? But that can't be right--I'm REALLY small! Tiny-like.

So, I have no idea what to do. Anyone with some Tubey experience have any advice?

suzeeq
10-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I can't believe it - but after a few times trying - I picked up the stitches~!~ ! Hopefully I did it right.

The question I have now is - why would the beginning of the rib round happen at the side marker and not the front where you joined in the round? Should the beginning be when you joined?

Not necessarily. When you finish, the last st bound off can be a little more noticeable so it's better to have it on a side than right in front.

sue

CateKnits
10-02-2006, 12:13 PM
My back measurement was 20, I think, and I knit a small with an extra small body. I don't know what's up with the sizing on the pattern. Any time I can wear an extra small over my chest, there's got to be something wrong!

Alice's Restaurant
10-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Hmm, thanks CateKnits. I'm almost wondering if I should do the same, without making an adjustment for my smaller gauge. There's not much chest over here to speak of, so I'm not worried about that. I guess the problem might be whether the sleeves would fit across my back correctly. Is that something I would be able to tell while I'm knitting this?

It seems like most of the folks who had sizing problems ended up with something too big. Maybe I should go back and read the thread more carefully. I really want to get started on this, though!

AmandaC
10-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi Alice

I'm a UK 10 , so US 6??? (Chest 34 inches) I knit the XS and it fits. Hope that helps.

I didn't bother measuring myself because I had no one around to help me :pout:

Good luck.

Alice's Restaurant
10-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks AmandaR, that does help. I'm sure I'm thinking about this way too much--I do that. :oops:

CateKnits
10-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Since you're using a provisional cast on, I'd think you could try it on before knitting the second sleeve to make sure it does actually fit across your back. :shrug:

AmandaC
10-05-2006, 03:59 AM
I looked at the pattern again and it says the XS stretches to 40 inches !!!!! that should be way enough.

Alice's Restaurant
10-27-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm just jumping in to say that I did cast this on--I've only just started the first sleeve. I'm a pretty slow knitter, and I'm working on a couple of other things. But, so far, so good!

Thanks for the advice on my sizing stress!

Jeep_Girl
10-27-2006, 05:49 PM
HI - I just finished mine! It took me a while to do it as I'm slow too! I have to block it and then I'll post pictures! I'm really glad this was my first sweater!

Jeep_Girl
10-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Here is my tubey being blocked.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-27-2006, 11:02 PM
:cheering: lisa!!!!!!

Jeep_Girl
10-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks Hildie~!

CarmenIbanez
10-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Can't wait to see it on you, how exciting!

Alice's Restaurant
12-10-2006, 09:34 PM
I've been working along slowly on this, and now I'm stuck.

I need to pick up the stitches to begin the body, and I can't seem to get it right. I think I understand the directions, but when I do what I think is the right thing, I end up knitting inside out, with the body going in the wrong direction. So, I'm obviously doing it wrong.

Any of you experienced Tubey knitters think you can talk me through this? I'm was so excited to get moving to the next step today, but all I did was frog and try again.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-10-2006, 11:56 PM
OMG the same thing happened to me. I just TOTALLY couldn't get it. I ended up knitting the body as a separate tube, and then crocheting them together. I was able to decrease on the front so it wasn't so baggy, bit if I were to do it again, I'd decrease more.

Alice's Restaurant
12-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Well, it helps to know I'm not alone!

I guess I'll do the same thing if I can't figure this out. It's just so frustrating, because I'm sure it's just some simple thing I'm doing wrong.

Jeep_Girl
12-11-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure how you are knitting inside out? I'm a pretty new knitter and all I did was place those markers and I picked up the stitches and just started knitting the tube. I'm not sure how to help? :shrug:

knitqueen
12-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I haven't knit this sweater, but in general with picking up stitches you need to have the right side of your work facing you so that when you insert your needle tip to pick up the stitches, you are doing so from the right side of your work through to the wrong side with the working yarn for picking up stitches being held at the wrong side of your work. Then, when you go to start knitting in the round, hold the needles so that the working yarn is coming from the needle in your right hand AND the right side of the sleeve portion of the sweater is facing out. Also make sure that you are holding the circular needle so that the needle tips are held closest to you and the cord holding the knitting is furthest from you. Then you can be sure that you're knitting on the outside of your garment.

Alice's Restaurant
12-11-2006, 12:23 PM
knitqueen, thanks!

I don't have my knitting in front of me, but I'm going to print your post and double-check everything I'm doing tonight. Though, as I read through it, I'm thinking that's what I'm doing.

It's possible I'm doing something odd with order in which I'm picking up and knitting the stitches--I've done other projects that required me to do this, but I've never seen anyone do this, so I've always just "wung" it.

I'm off to see if there are any videos here that demo the basic technique.

Jeep Girl, I don't know either! I hoped to do it exactly as you did. It's hard to explain exactly what is happening, but it's not right, I know that much!

Alice's Restaurant
12-11-2006, 12:32 PM
:oops:

Well, I'm doing this all wrong! That's why it's not working!

I just watched the video demo-ing how to pick up stitches, and my improvised technique is completely wrong. It's amazing I've been able to finish any projects that required this.

Hopefully, with my new-found understanding, along with knitqueen's careful explanation, I'll be able to get this right. :wall:

Jeep_Girl
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
KQ has a gift for explaining things!

I think I was ok because I did pick up stitches on another project before and had watched the video - make sure to post pictures when you are done!

Alice's Restaurant
12-12-2006, 02:44 PM
I did it!

Now that I'm picking up stitches correctly, it was actually not that bad. I managed to get a few rows in last night. I have a feeling it will take me forever to finish, but at least I'm headed in the right direction.

knitqueen
12-12-2006, 02:47 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

itsjustmeghan
12-31-2006, 02:57 PM
I love this sweater! after reading all 64 pages of posts here, i've decided this will be my next project! i only wish i found this before the holidays so i could ask for the yarn! not to worry! i have some leftover birthday money i can use!!
now i need to figure out sizing...i usually wear a med/large....im nursing, so the boobies are a 40D right now, but normally they are a 38B/C (depends on style). i was thinking i'd do the small, but my only worry is the stitches stretching too thin across the giirls....
colors, i'm not sure on...maybe a wine? or deep blue for the mc? i was thinking of doing one or two row stripes mixed in the mc below the boobies on the body and thin stripes on th sleeves....or reg sleeve stripes, and no body stripes....

suggestions? advice?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-31-2006, 10:07 PM
My advice--I'd go with the smaller size. That ribbing stretches a LOT.

Jenelle
01-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Okay, so I'm bringing this KAL back up.

I started on my tubey three days ago, and am almost done with the second sleeve. I'm doing short sleeves instead of long so I don't get bored of knitting it. I'm using Carons Simply Soft in Plum Wine, Black, and White.

I'm kind of worried about making a small, but after reading some of the posts about going with a smaller size than what they thought I'm thinking I should be fine.

Loved everyones Tubeys!

Jeep_Girl
01-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I think it is a good idea to go with the smaller size! Can't wait to see the new Tubeys!

Alice's Restaurant
01-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Just bumping Tubey to say I finally finished knitting this over the weekend! whew! I still need to finish weaving in the ends, and chances are I won't be able to get a decent pic until next weekend, but I did it!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-22-2007, 09:11 PM
oooo can't wait to see it!!! And Jenelle is almost done hers!!!! :happydance:

Jenelle
01-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm still getting there. :teehee:

I found out that I made a XS instead of a S, so I immediately tried it on, and it fits fine. No bunching in the back or anything.

Though I'm not liking how you can see my tank underneath it. :help:

I'll probably end up getting a tan tank top to go underneath it soon.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-25-2007, 07:29 PM
do you need to wear a tank underneath???

Jenelle
01-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I might.

I don't like it when people can see my bra. :shrug: :oops:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-25-2007, 11:58 PM
well, I don't like it when people see my bra either...

MAYBE if you got a tank that was the same color as the main body of the sweater!!! :figureditout:

Jenelle
01-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Oooh true!

I'll have to see what it looks like when I'm done.

thischicknits
04-20-2007, 10:11 PM
So I am about a year late for the KAL, but thought I would post in case anyone was thinking of still making or reworking theirs. I am really happy with how it came out and thank you for all the posts about size issues. I would have gone with a larger size, but frogged the little I completed to make a smaller size once I read about the problems...
Here it is!