PDA

View Full Version : SCRUNCHABLE SCARF-

yeah_im_crazy
12-17-2005, 02:30 PM
HELLO. I HAVE TWO Q'S ABOUT THE SCRUNCHABLE SCARF. NUMBER ONE--COULD YOU DO IT WITH WORSTED WEIGHT YARN---IF NOT PLEASE TELL ME OF A CHEAP YARN I COULD USE THAT WOULD WORK. AND NUMBER TWO--I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND STUPID TO ASK BUT--IS THIS SCARF INTENDED FOR MEN OR WOMEN?? OR BOTH??? LIKE I WANT TO MAKE SCARVES FOR MY MOM AND DAD AND IM TRYING TO FIND A UNISEX PATTERN THAT I COULD USE AND IF YOU FIND A GOOD PATTERN TO USE PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingrid
12-17-2005, 02:40 PM
It's fine for both genders, and you can use any weight yarn you want. That's the beauty of it. Just cast on a multiple of three for as wide as you want it and add two stitches for the end selvedge and you're all set.

yeah_im_crazy
12-17-2005, 02:45 PM
OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL START ON THEM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

yeah_im_crazy
12-17-2005, 03:02 PM
WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD SIZE NEEDLE TO USE W/ THE SCRUNCHABLE SCARF??? I WANT SOMETHING THAT WILL BE BIG ENOUGH SO IT WILL GO QUICK, BUT NOT SO BIG SO THAT YOU CANT SEE THE PATTERN.

THANKS!!!!

**MAYBE LIKE A 13????? I DUNNO.

OH AND ALSO WOULD IT LOOK GOOD USING THE HOMESPUN STUFF??

Ingrid
12-17-2005, 03:07 PM
I used a 15 with a double strand of worsted weight and it looked great. For a single strand, I think it would look good with whatever the recommended needle is for that yarn--7 through 9 probably, maybe even a 10. I'm not sure Homespun would show off the pattern enough. It's curly nature might take away from the stitch pattern. If you wanted to try it, though, you could go with a larger needle for that.

rebecca
12-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Oh, you will just love the scarf, too :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
12-19-2005, 01:07 AM
HAVE FUN KNITTING IT AND STOP SCREAAAAMING!! :roflhard:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-19-2005, 11:05 AM
:roflhard: kk!!!!

yeah_im_crazy
12-29-2005, 08:56 PM
YEAH YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL IF ITS ME IF I HAVE CAPITAL LETTERS OR EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! :rofling: :roflhard: :thumbsup:

Jan in CA
12-29-2005, 09:25 PM
YEAH YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL IF ITS ME IF I HAVE CAPITAL LETTERS OR EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! :rofling: :roflhard: :thumbsup:

LOL It's easier to read though if you use lowercase letters as well. All caps is considered screaming.

yeah_im_crazy
12-30-2005, 02:45 AM
oh, sorry......is this better?

Jan in CA
12-30-2005, 05:51 AM
oh, sorry......is this better?

Yes, that's better. ;)

mintdee
12-30-2005, 01:17 PM
OH AND ALSO WOULD IT LOOK GOOD USING THE HOMESPUN STUFF??

I am using Lion Brands Chenelle for this scarf with size 13 needles and it looks really cool. Very soft and Thick as well. :) I would take a pic to show you but my camera has sprouted legs and walked away. I will take one when I find that darn camera. :thumbsup: