PDA

View Full Version : OT: Help tech question

mintdee
12-19-2005, 02:05 AM
I know that there are some computer literate peeps on here so I am wondering if any of you can tell me what this means and how to fix it.
You've encountered error message C00D271D while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.

Cannot play protected files

To play protected files on your computer, you cannot use a Windows user account that is a member of both the Administrators group and the Guests group.

If you download a protected file while logged on as a member of the Administrators group, for example, you will not be able to play that file when you are logged on as a member of either the Administrators group or Guests group.

To resolve the problem, remove your user account from the Guests group. For more information about user accounts, see Windows Help.
I am trying to listen to an audio book that I got through my library's web site (all this talk about knitting and reading here got me interested) and that is what comes up. I tried looking at the site but everything I found just confused me futher.

Any ideas?
TIA! :D

Jenelle
12-19-2005, 02:54 AM
:?? Never saw that one before.... Hmm... Have you tried taking it out and putting it back in? Orr..... Hm. This one is a new one.

:?? Maybe I should google it.... :thinking:

Julie
12-19-2005, 02:59 AM
Here's the knowledge base article on that message (among other things):

Troubleshooting DRM (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0048.mspx#EFD)

mintdee
12-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks! I searched last night and had no luck. That helped a lot! I can now listen to the e-books! :happydance: I love that I can find help not only for knitting but other things as well!!