PDA

View Full Version : there once were three christmas presents...

javede
12-20-2005, 02:22 PM
...that are now ruined :crying:
I could cry and scream, I tell you. So what happend?

As some of you may know, I'm a smoker. So I had the bright idea of washing the christmas gifts for my aunt and my two little cousins(btw. head band and two scarves) before I give them away...
...sooooooooo wrong! The head band would fit a elephant now(ok, maybe a bit exaggerating her :rollseyes: ) and the scarves are as wide as a gift ribbon(a wider ribbon, but definately not scarf size!).
And that happens to me 4 days before christmas eve(in Germany we exchange gifts and meet on christmas eve)!!!

Sorry, needed to vent about it to people who could understand my sorrow...goes back to knit emergency socks for cousins...

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-20-2005, 02:26 PM
oh crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That totally sucks!!!!

I don't have any "have you tried.....?" advice either :( Sounds like you have a few longs nights ahead of you :verysad: good luck <hug>

margie
12-20-2005, 02:38 PM
:( Hugs to you :heart:

feministmama
12-20-2005, 02:50 PM
OH NO!!! I wish I could wave my magic wand and stop time for you. :XX: :XX: :XX:

nicolethegeek
12-20-2005, 02:55 PM
*screams in horror along with you* I wish I had a few answers or suggestions for you.. but I don't :verysad:

tigger0229
12-20-2005, 02:59 PM
oh, I am so sorry!!!
God bless you!

wewantmore
12-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh man. :crying:

knitncook
12-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Oh man!! What if you dried the hat in the dryer? Not sure. What's the fiber content. Have they dried yet? Maybe stretch the scarves and pin while they dry? YIKES!!

I have my own panic, but not nearly as bad as yours. I woke up this morning and remembered that I hadn't made anything for my youngest niece. Oooops!! So I'm throwing together a quick hat for her. :X:

Ingrid
12-20-2005, 05:02 PM
If they are, by any chance acrylic, they might dry to their more original size if you wet them again and the dry them in the dryer.

Jenelle
12-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Ouch... Maybe pick up some cotton yarn and knit a few wash cloths and face cloths? :thinking:

rebecca
12-20-2005, 05:59 PM
:( I'm so sorry :(

ecuzzacrea
12-21-2005, 01:44 AM
oh my gosh that is so sad. :crying:
i wish they could be saved, but i hope you get something done in time.

KellyK
12-21-2005, 08:49 AM
:heart: :heart: :( :heart: :heart:

javede
12-22-2005, 06:48 AM
Thanks for your replies :heart:

The scarves were made out of sock yarn and I should have known they stretch, but I did a similar one for me and it didn't...

Anyway, I finished two pairs of socks and brought little presents(teddy bear and princess crown) in time. Now I can go back to correcting Samus...

Carol_OH
12-26-2005, 05:29 PM
*hugs*
I just experienced something very similar.
What causes this?

...that are now ruined :crying:
I could cry and scream, I tell you. So what happend?

As some of you may know, I'm a smoker. So I had the bright idea of washing the christmas gifts for my aunt and my two little cousins(btw. head band and two scarves) before I give them away...
...sooooooooo wrong! The head band would fit a elephant now(ok, maybe a bit exaggerating her :rollseyes: ) and the scarves are as wide as a gift ribbon(a wider ribbon, but definately not scarf size!).
And that happens to me 4 days before christmas eve(in Germany we exchange gifts and meet on christmas eve)!!!

Sorry, needed to vent about it to people who could understand my sorrow...goes back to knit emergency socks for cousins...