PDA

View Full Version : 12/21 Good Morning

tigger0229
12-21-2005, 10:21 AM
(please jump in and add to the conversation at any point!!)
Good morning. I had grandkids last night, so didn't knit. Instead played with them and enjoyed myself. I did pick up a project after they left and fooled around for just a bit.
it's very chilly brrrr.
but gorgeous day.
I got my Patternworks order. MY GOODNESS THEY ARE FAST> I placed the order Friday and they mailed it friday. I got in mail yesterday!!
Yum, love the lamb's pride yarn!! :heart:

Ingrid
12-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Well, I took the day off so I could get stuff done around here in preparation for the days ahead, but so far I've emptied the dishwasher and knitted several rows. Once I get started, I'll get a lot done, but it's the getting started that is hard! Maybe if I got dressed. :thinking:

Have a great day, everyone!

wyoknitter
12-21-2005, 10:40 AM
I am going to actually make some sugar cookies today. I did a marthon shopping day yesterday and whew, it wore me out ! DH's birthday is tomorrow so I need to wrap his presents. The painter is coming today to finish the trim in the dining room....so then I will have no excuses for not cleaning the house....and I all I WANT to do is sit and knit :D

Happy Wednesday everyone ~

Danielle
12-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Good mornin' everybody!
I hope to get a start on the holiday baking today...double chocolate cookies with M&M's!! :drooling: First I've gotta go run some errands...

p.s., bought more kureyon off eBay yesterday! :cheering:

Have a great day! :D

nicolethegeek
12-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Today I *should* do some of the housework that I ignored yesterday to finish off the stocking cap for DS. I came up with an "interesting" tassel/pompom alternative that looks kinda, well, "interesting"! :lol: I cast on a short row ribbed scarf using two strands of WW, but I think it make be too thick and bulky for a nearly 4 year old. It's a little wider than I had hoped for, but if I actually decide to finish it, it will be really good for when my older girls take him to the park. I won't be able to use this pattern for Lissa like I had hoped, at least not with the double strands. I will have to find an alternative for her. That can wait since she's got a fur scarf from last year, and a fuzzy one from this year that I've made. I need to get her hat cast on today, if I can find my 3.75mm 16" circ that is... it's GOTTA be here somewhere! I'm back at work tonight until Christmas Eve morning, so I gotta get a nap in there somewhere too!

tigger0229
12-21-2005, 11:01 AM
ingrid, what can I say, just call me greeneyed today! wish I were home!!
wyo, love sugar cookies. i'm staying out of stores til after christmas. well, i need to run to the gro store for some milk and that should be it.
danielle, yum, double choc cookies! ya'll are really making me hungry!

knitncook
12-21-2005, 11:46 AM
In celebration of the Winter Solstice I am going to take most of the hurricane boards off my house today. (Don't ask.) There is only one that I won't be able to get, but after months of whining about getting dh to do it on one of his days off, I'm finally just going to do it. Of course it is cold (in the 40's right now) so I may wait until lunch time to actually proceed with Operation "Let there be light." :roflhard:

JessicaR
12-21-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm so tired, I was up with a sick dog all night. I was at the vet first thing this morning. I called into work, I hate doing that. I feel so guilty, I don't know why. It's not like I don't bust my butt there every day and pick up shifts, stay late, ect. *sigh* So, I'm going back to bed, the dog is finally sleeping. I can use the time later tonight to catch up on my knitting.

knitncook
12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Oh, I hope your puppy isn't seriously ill! Poor pup! Poor mom!

tigger0229
12-21-2005, 12:19 PM
jessica, what's wrong with him?? i hope nothing serious.
poor baby!
(both of you :roflhard: )

JessicaR
12-21-2005, 12:20 PM
She was having some GI issues and we discovered that her anal glands were very full and infected. Nastiest thing ever, the vet definitely earned his money today. So, everything should start moving along again. She's been given some aspirin for the pain, antibiotic for the infection, and is sleeping now.

tigger0229
12-21-2005, 12:22 PM
oh yes, have to have those glands drained occasionally.
one indication is them scooting across the floor on their hinnie.

Lisa1216
12-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Hi everyone! Finished up my mom's scarf the other night and it finally dried from the blocking. Now all I have to do is trim the fringe. Spent most of the day yesterday at the hospital with my dad for a cardiac cath. Everything went well although he did need 2 stents put in. He should be home today. Instead of knitting in the waiting room, I finally finished up the christmas cards that needed to get out. JessicaR~sorry to hear about your dog. About a month age our dog was sick for about a week, wouldn't eat and lost about 11 pounds. She finally started eating and has been fine ever since. Hope yours gets better soon!

Everyone have a great day!~~Lisa

JessicaR
12-21-2005, 12:24 PM
That's what I read, but she never scooted. That's why when everyone suggested anal glands I didn't take them seriously. She's such an odd dog.

Lisa1216
12-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone! Finished up my mom's scarf the other night and it finally dried from the blocking. Now all I have to do is trim the fringe. Spent most of the day yesterday at the hospital with my dad for a cardiac cath. Everything went well although he did need 2 stents put in. He should be home today. Instead of knitting in the waiting room, I finally finished up the christmas cards that needed to get out. JessicaR~sorry to hear about your dog. About a month age our dog was sick for about a week, wouldn't eat and lost about 11 pounds. She finally started eating and has been fine ever since. Hope yours gets better soon!

Everyone have a great day!~~Lisa

feministmama
12-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Poor puppy Jessica! Hope she feels better soon.

Well I tried dyeing some wool ease but it didn't come out as bright and perky as the last time. I don't think I left it in long enough :rollseyes: Oh well, I can always get more kool aid and dye some more. I really should be getting going anyway. I'm so lazy today. it feels great though. Oh maybe I'll do some dishes, maybe not. Maybe I'll clean up my room, maybe not. I should go workout though. Its good to be lazy but not out of shape. But all I wanna do is play with yarn. :XX: :XX: :XX: OKOK I'm going, I'm going. Hrumph, up off the chair...here we go......

tigger0229
12-21-2005, 02:39 PM
hey lisa, great on scarf and I hope your dad recovers super fast!
femmy, take the day off and play with your yarn!

jodstr2
12-21-2005, 02:51 PM
g'morning :D
last evening I fiddled with the darker Zara print and my size 8s, then 6s, then finally 5s to get the fabric I wanted. I decided on a basketweave scarf I call "The Five" - 5 stitch border and (5) 5 stitch/5 row blocks on size 5 needles. got sleepy early. woke up this morning, wrapped the knitting goodies for Robin, and actually got to the post office at 0804 to mail it to her parents' house in Hawaii. it's not going to make it in time for Christmas but she'll get it right after. I then drove to Noah's and got 2 bagels for my breakfast. I called CV to offer to take the leftovers from dinner up to his shop for his lunch. I'm leaving in a few minutes. now I'm all yawny and lazy and I want to just sit here and knit and maybe make chicken dumpling soup and bake sweets and nap.

ecuzzacrea
12-21-2005, 02:58 PM
good morning!

i'm working from home today. LOVE those days :)

can't believe there's only a few days left until Christmas! wow - i'm actually prepared this year. :)

hope you all have a great day!

tigger0229
12-21-2005, 04:23 PM
good going jodi!!
i wouldn't mind a bagel myself. hehehe.
I'm hungry due to all the food talk.
hmmm, i'm hungry when there's no food talk :rollseyes:
WELCOME ecu!! i'd love to be at home.
christmas is fast approaching. tomorrow is my last day to work til after christmas, 27th.
I'm looking so forward to it!!