PDA

View Full Version : knocturnal knitmissions

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-23-2005, 05:35 AM
Apparently, I was knitting in my sleep

DH's alarm went off at 3am, I decided to get up as well, so I can go to WALFART and get the last minute grocery shopping done before it gets crazy today. He said to me "Good, then maybe you'll stop shouting at me in your sleep!" I was like "ooo what did I say??" He goes, "Hell, you sat straight up and bed and yelled 'THAT'S why I'm not knitting any more Christmas Clogs! You can kiss my @$$!' and then mumbled something else about tangled up socks and went back to sleep." :shock: I said "well, that can only mean one thing--I need to buy more yarn!"

right? :-D

kayeknit
12-23-2005, 07:05 AM
:roflhard: "knocturnal knitmissions" :roflhard:

Vendie
12-23-2005, 07:24 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

...and yes you need to buy more yarn to appease these demons who possess you.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-23-2005, 07:36 AM
yes, my titling skills are at their peak at 3:30am :-)

aprildavis99
12-23-2005, 07:54 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
12-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Lay down on zis couch unt tell me about yoah muzzah!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

knitncook
12-23-2005, 09:38 AM
I have problems with Freudian dream interpretations when it comes to knitting dreams. Ya know, sometimes a knitting needle is just a knitting needle.

Ingrid
12-23-2005, 09:41 AM

dustinac
12-23-2005, 09:48 AM

Julie
12-23-2005, 10:26 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Jouf
12-23-2005, 11:30 AM
All I can say, Hilde, is that Brendajos is NOT going to be happy with you!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-23-2005, 11:46 AM
:shock: why not ???? :shock:

what's I do?? :verysad:

brendajos
12-23-2005, 12:37 PM
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lol i had to think for a minute about what you did too....and then i remembered!

Jenelle
12-23-2005, 12:39 PM
:shock:

brendajos
12-23-2005, 12:45 PM
i must say though, that while i would prefer people NOT shop there, because it isn't good for small business, i certainly understand why people do. I may constantly say "don't shop at walmart" but i don't hold it against anybody who does!

Jouf
12-23-2005, 01:09 PM
My neighbor said the other day that she would rather be tied to the bumper of a car heading down the freeway at 70 mph with her elbows dragging than go to Walmart - I thought of you, Brenda. :lol:

Jan in CA
12-23-2005, 02:45 PM
ROTFLMAO!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

brendajos
12-23-2005, 02:51 PM
My neighbor said the other day that she would rather be tied to the bumper of a car heading down the freeway at 70 mph with her elbows dragging than go to Walmart - I thought of you, Brenda. :lol:

lol well before i became COMPLETELY opposed and was only just annoyed by the people who don't know how to act in public when they go to walmart i had a similar feeling. I realized the saturday before christmas that i had no wrapping paper in my house and the weather was freeeeeeeeezing....i think the wind chill was about -30. I had no choice but to go out because i was leaving town that day. all i could think was how much i would rather have hot pokers jammed into my eyes than to go to walmart the saturday before christmas. Thank GOD for wicked cold weather cuz nobody was in the store!! :happydance:

humblestumble
12-23-2005, 03:39 PM
oh my, Hilde! :shock:

knitncook
12-23-2005, 05:11 PM

Wow! I'm your neighbor? :roflhard: I'm one of the leaders of our local "anti-walmart group." Can't tell you the last time I set foot in one. Last year I testified for a friend in his custody hearing for his daughter and as a thank you he sent me a WM gift card. Couldn't even bring myself to use it! Ended up donating it to our local abuse shelter. I thought Hildie was courteous for at least writing "it" really small so we could pretend we didn't see it. :roflhard:

punkhippiemom
12-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Not a Walmart fan, but sometimes, it's the only option... I mean, when my dsis needed a double stroller for our trip the next day to Washington at 11:00 at night, where else were we going to go???
I am really thrilled, because we used to be there all the time, but since we moved, there are so many small businesses and local stores that we almost never go to Walmart anymore... maybe once a month, or less??

OK, now that this thread has been thoroughly -napped, let me say...

:shock:
OMG HIldie...

I'm sensing some Christmas clog conflict...

nicolethegeek
12-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Oh I wish I only went into a WM once a month or less. I'm one of the poor souls that actually WORKS there. :crying: :oops: I didn't really have much choice in the matter. They are the only place I could make more than minimum wage and get full time hours while on midnight shift. Trust me, I'm nearly counting the days to when my youngest is in school full time and I can work day shift. I will have soooo much fun telling my manager exactly what I think of her! :roflhard:

ecuzzacrea
12-24-2005, 02:32 PM
oh my gosh!! that is HILARIOUS!!!

punkhippiemom
12-27-2005, 02:13 PM
:roflhard:
You go!! :thumbsup:
I personally am trying to find a 24hour yarn shop so I can work nights... ;)
:happydance:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-27-2005, 02:56 PM
OHHH!!! *THAT'S* what I did :doh: Anyone who know me knows I hate Walmart, too, for lots of reasons. Unfortunately, living in a small town, if I need something at 3 in the morning, there's no where else to go. And since it was a matter of TIME not need, I didn't have a choice either. I'd rather be in walmart at 4 in the morning than ANY other grocery store at ANY time on the day before christmas eve. that's just asking for a headache!

wewantmore
12-27-2005, 03:22 PM
:roflhard: