PDA

View Full Version : Grace Kelly breaks her knitting needle!!!

feministmama
12-26-2005, 10:10 PM
So I'm watching the movie channel that has old movies and it's Grace Kelly in the film "The Country Girl." Bing Crosby is her husband and he's a drunk. He's trying to make a comeback in his new production. At one point he gets weary so he goes to the dressing room for some "cough medicine." Grace Kelly is sitting in a chair in the corner knitting and as Bing gets ready to walk out with it she says "leave the bottle." He argues with her and she argues back and finally she yells out "leave the bottle!" and as she does, she snaps her knitting needles!! :shock: I couldn't watch anymore.

Jan in CA
12-26-2005, 10:42 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

Ingrid
12-26-2005, 10:43 PM
They should have listed it as a horror movie!! :rofling: NOW what is she going to do when her drunken husband is out on the town? Hmmm?

aprildavis99
12-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Oh the HORROR!! :shock:

:roflhard:

amy
12-26-2005, 11:25 PM
:shock: BAH!

:roflhard:

Horror Movie, that's a good one Ingrid. :roflhard:

Carol_OH
12-26-2005, 11:41 PM
:rofling: :rofling:

Jivewhistle
12-27-2005, 01:15 AM

nicolethegeek
12-27-2005, 08:10 AM
This reminds me of a conversation I had with 2 of my co-workers yesterday morning. One of them is leaving for China on Thursday morning and we were discussing what he's going to do on the 14 hour flight. I had said that my only concern for a flight that long is that I had enough knitting/crocheting and Tom Clancy novels to get me through. They had said that knitting needles weren't allowed, and I had gone through the whole thing about how they were... yadda yadda yadda. Then I said the line about "if any terrorist wanted my needles to use as a weapon, he'd have to get them away from me first, and there's no way that's gonna happen!!!"

Pensguys
12-27-2005, 10:10 AM

I TOTALLY agree! LOL

Ingrid
12-27-2005, 10:50 AM
I always say that, too. "Do you think any knitter in her right mind is going to let anyone get blood on her knitting? Do you know how hard it is to get out?"