PDA

View Full Version : YAY! thanks to Amy {and her videos} I did it!!

nicolethegeek
12-27-2005, 10:34 AM
I just grafted my first two seams! Since my hands won't let me knit today... at least not yet, I decided I could try and do a few ends up since they only take a minute or two each. One of the items here on my desk were Alex's socks, sitting on a pair of dpn's, willing me to learn how to graft them! Well I downloaded the video... took 26 minutes to save! :shock: I started up the video and tried my hand at it. The first sock looks a little wobbly. I think I might have purl, knitted when I was supposed to knit, purl once or twice. The second sock looks even better. A few more toes and I'll have it that you can't tell there's a seam there at all!

THANKS AMY! :cheering: :thumbsup: :cheering: :thumbsup: :cheering: :thumbsup: :cheering:

Ronda
12-27-2005, 11:24 AM
:cheering:

Jeremy
12-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Way to go Nicole. I go to the video to be sure I have grafting down every time I have to do it."knit slip purl, purl, slip knit". I don't know where I found the idea but the last time I did it I stuck a light bulb in the sock and the additional background let me see what I was doing. (I know what some people are thinking and no, it was not screwed into a lamp and turned on :D )

nicolethegeek
12-27-2005, 11:33 AM
I stuck a light bulb in the sock and the additional background let me see what I was doing.
What a great idea... pun intended! I'll have to try that on my next sock. I've got three socks on the go right now, so one of them will be done soon enough to try it on. Thanks! :thumbsup:

aprildavis99
12-27-2005, 08:07 PM
WOOOO HOOO! :happydance: :happydance: