PDA

View Full Version : need a quick and easy project for mom

Cristy
12-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey guys--I need a quick and easy project for mom's birthday--it's the 17th of January and I'm NOT a fast knitter. I can get started mid-next week so I'll have about 2 weeks to work on it...I don't want a hat cause she won't wear it--I made her a shawl for Christmas and I thought she was going to cry....she probably wouldn't wear a scarf much since my sis knitted her one for Christmas (strange how we do similar gifts--rarely talk and live 3000 mi apart). I had contemplated a boogabag but I'm not sure she'd use it. I'd love to do socks but I've never tried a pair...I'm scared I'll get addicted.

Jan in CA
12-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Dishcloths? A face cloth and nice soap? Hmm....

Jenelle
12-31-2005, 12:07 AM
I agree with Jan on the dishcloths and facecloths. Hmm... Maybe a pair of leg warmers? Or maybe a pillow in a soft yarn?

trucker945
12-31-2005, 04:34 AM
A really fast one is a bar-soap scrubbie-pocket made flat in garter stitch, folded and sides stitched, with one end open to slip the soap inside. Made in cotton, like 'Aunt Lydia's Sugar n Cream', for instance. With the soap inside, just wet it and start scrubbing.
Off-Topic... I looked at your blog and noticed you want a button for your new group. It so happens that I make graphics for web-sites that I build. A little corner of your space for my logo and you get a button?
If you're interested, let me know. Happy :XX:

Cristy
12-31-2005, 09:26 AM
I looked at your blog and noticed you want a button for your new group. It so happens that I make graphics for web-sites that I build. A little corner of your space for my logo and you get a button?
If you're interested, let me know.

Thanks for the suggestions guys--I gotta get started on something soon!

I appreciate the offer trucker buy my husband does graphic work too--the problem is he stays so busy I can never get him to do anything for me! I am also trying to learn to do these things for myself...I am not the most technologically literate person in the world but I'm convinced I can figure it out. With knitting and a 3 yr old and needing to sleep and eat and all...I don't have a lot of time to devote to learning how! If I get overly frustrated--I'll send you a PM! Thanks for the offer! ;)