PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Newbie!

Anya
01-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Anya and I am a SAHM of two girls, one DH and one cat. I live in New England and have been knitting for two years. I learned from a LYS class, but after I while I would just go there and knit- pay the $10 and not receive instruction. So I knit by myself and I have learned lots from searching online. Of course I have tons of questions still, and I know you talented knitters will be able to help me out of a jam, should I get myself into one :D Oh, and maybe I should add that I am hopelessly addicted to knitting :lol:

Ingrid
01-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi Anya! Welcome to Knitter's Anonymous. The difference here is that though we are all addicted to knitting--none of us are trying to quit! Love your cat--is that one of those wrinkly, hairless ones?

mailgirl
01-02-2006, 01:19 PM
hello! I also live in New England...Vermont...where many knit hats are needed...and that is what I have been knitting!
Welcome! You will like this group a lot!

ItsBecca
01-02-2006, 01:21 PM
HI and welcome! There's lots of knowing knitters here, you'll love it!

Angelia
01-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Welcome, Anya! :waving:

WynnieG
01-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi Anya! Welcome to the asylum. Glad to see another New England knitter here!

Anya
01-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Love your cat--is that one of those wrinkly, hairless ones?

Yes, he's a wrinkly naked cat. His breed is Sphynx and he's so lovable. I read the article someone posted about trying to knit with a catin your lap, lol. That's us every night. But I am able to knit with the beast on me- he's low profile :lol:
I live MA, too, Wynnie. And I love the viking Chicken hat- it's on my to do list :D

candicane
01-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi Anya,

Your cat is a cutie. I have a one-year old Devon Rex who loves to sleep on my lap while I knit. I keep him warm, he keeps me warm... we both win. Does your cat sleep under the covers too?

Candice

Anya
01-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Hi Anya,

Your cat is a cutie. I have a one-year old Devon Rex who loves to sleep on my lap while I knit. I keep him warm, he keeps me warm... we both win. Does your cat sleep under the covers too?

Candice

yep, body under the covers, head on the pillow :rollseyes: I swear he thinks he's human.

BonnieM
01-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi Anya, from another New Englander :waving:

knitncook
01-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Anya, please knit your kitty a sweater. I'm shivering just looking at him :D Welcome to the group!

Norman
01-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Welcome Anya.. :)

Always nice to see a new face..

Let me just tell ya tho, straight off.. those sphynx cats FREAK ME OUT :shock: :shock:

:D

Hope to see ya around alot