PDA

View Full Version : ssk vs k2tog

Theresa913
01-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Am I crazy, or is this essentially the same thing?? I only learned of the ssk technique from the Stitch n' Bitch book... but it appears to be a more complicated way to k2tog. Help?

VickiIL
01-03-2006, 12:15 PM
They both decrease two stitches to one stitch but the slant the opposite ways. If I remember right the SSK slants to the left and the K2TOG slants to the right.

ekgheiy
01-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Yep - check out the vids on the abbrv. section (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/abbreviations_explained/) about half way down the page. :thumbsup:

Vendie
01-03-2006, 01:08 PM
and because they slant in different directions, you generally use them as a pair when shaping. Check out the sections on increasing and decreasing in the Basic Techniques page - Amy's got a great visual to help you see the differences between the various types of stitches.

brightspot
01-04-2006, 01:01 AM
The difference is that on an ssk you put the loops on the right hand needle separately which untwists them. The k2tog leaves the stitches twisted. At least if I am finally doing them right it does :D

brightspot
01-04-2006, 01:01 AM
The difference is that on an ssk you put the loops on the right hand needle separately which untwists them. The k2tog leaves the stitches twisted. At least if I am finally doing them right it does :D