PDA

View Full Version : Ordering through ad links - technical Qs

eggplant
01-04-2006, 12:11 AM
1. Do we have to be logged into KnittingHelp first, or can we just click on the ad?

2. If we right-click and "Open in new window" on the ad link, will it know that we came through KnittingHelp?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

eggplant
01-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Oh, duh. I just tried clicking on the big elann ad that's up right now and it automatically opens in a new window. So Question #2 is answered.

My main motivation in asking about the ads is that I want to make sure Amy's site gets credited for my shopping.

Meanwhile, another question: If we want to go to a specific sponsor (e.g., say the Elann ad is showing, but we want to visit Knitwerx), how do we do that?

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Julie
01-04-2006, 12:24 AM
You don't need to be logged in -- it will know you came from KH. :D

When I want to see a different ad, I just refresh the page a few times. It also helps to know that there's a permanent Knitpicks ad on the "free patterns" page, and a permanent Elann ad on the "Increase" tab of the Basic Techniques page.

BinkyKat
01-04-2006, 12:26 AM
on your meanwhile question, i have found that different pages in the site have different ad links on them... such as...the free pattern tab/page has the knitpicks ad on it this page as i read your post has knitwerx... i haven't paid close enough attention to see if they circulate through the different merchants on each page or not... :??

eggplant
01-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Yes, it has always seemed kind of random to me -- that's why I asked. Thanks everyone!