PDA

View Full Version : Please Mr. Postman

usamacka
01-05-2006, 02:12 PM
I just placed the order for the Denise needles! I am SOOO excited! I can't wait for the mailman!

Norman
01-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Since I don't et the "Paul" reference.. I'll leave that..

But I bought a Denise set.. then LOST it.. and bought a Boye set.. then FOUND it.. so.. I can say .. I like the connectors and the weight of the Denise set alot.. :) I like them both ... and would probably buy another set of each.. for the right price :)

Congrats on the purchase :thumbsup:

Jan in CA
01-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Since I don't et the "Paul" reference.. I'll leave that..

But I bought a Denise set.. then LOST it.. and bought a Boye set.. then FOUND it.. so.. I can say .. I like the connectors and the weight of the Denise set alot.. :) I like them both ... and would probably buy another set of each.. for the right price :)

Congrats on the purchase :thumbsup:

How on earth do you lose an entire set of needles? Maybe they need a leash..hmmm.. :roflhard:

Norman
01-05-2006, 03:20 PM
well it was because we moved.. and they got packed in a MISC box instead of the "DAVE" Box..

But at least I found 'em

Ingrid
01-05-2006, 05:15 PM
I've always wished that the computer had a chute where the yarn could come out as soon as you place the order. I'm afraid, though, that my family would find me smothered by the time I was done. :rollseyes:

I get the Paul, reference, by the way. ;)

usamacka
01-06-2006, 12:38 AM
yes yes, the Beatles sang, PLEASE MR.POSTMAN. The pic was from the McCartney concert in Phoenix. One of my friends treated me to the concert! My needles are on the way! YEA!

Norman
01-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Ahhh yeah.. I never heard the beetles.. :) So that's why I didn't get it.. :)

knitncook
01-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Never heard the Beatles? What cave have you been living in :D Or maybe you are that young. :roflhard:

Norman
01-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Well I've heard "Imagine" but who hasn't

I'm 28.. So .. make your own conclusions :D

mintdee
01-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Dave. I am 27. I have heard the Beatles.

So where was this cave that you lived in?

:roflhard:

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 11:25 AM

Wise guy! http://bestsmileys.com/music1/4.gif

Jax3303
01-06-2006, 11:38 AM
being 28 dosen't get you off of the hook....LOL. I'm 23 and I LOVE the Beatles. But then again, I was raised on the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Deep Purple.

Yvonne
01-06-2006, 01:43 PM
All of these 20-somethings!
Am I the oldest person here???
I'm 41...........

miss_jms
01-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Okay, okay, okay.... I'm 23 and I've heard of the Beatles... I even *gasp* have a couple of their albums!! :roflhard:

Norman
01-06-2006, 02:13 PM
I've heard of the beetles.. I don't listen to the beetles.. never heard any of thier stuff really..

usamacka
01-06-2006, 02:55 PM
In the music textbooks for students at my elementary...there are several BEATLE songs! The kids love them! Over the years, however, this is the first time I have seen them included in the textbooks. Maybe this will be a REVOLUTION. (song title for those of you who never heard of them!)SHOULD I REMOVE PAUL"S PICTURE?

Norman
01-06-2006, 02:59 PM
nononono

Don't remove it.. it sparked a good discussion :)

CarmenIbanez
01-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Age is definitely no excuse. My son is 13 and the Beatles were his first favorite group. When he was four, he had a walkman and would ask to hear "baby drivin' the car" as he would say every night before bed. I'd hear him up in his little bed singing, "beep beep, beep beep, yeah!"

Sara
01-06-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm 37 and when I saw the picture of Sir Paul, I thought "mmmmm, dreamy!!" So don't take it down, please. :D

Ingrid
01-06-2006, 05:42 PM
All of these 20-somethings!
Am I the oldest person here???
I'm 41...........

:oops: You're not the oldest one. You were in diapers when I first fell for the Beatles! ;)

Cristy
01-06-2006, 06:14 PM
just checking in to say I'm a 20 something (although a late 20 something ahem..) and I had a beatles song and a Rolling Stones song played at my wedding...came in to te beatles and left to the stones...I had a sort of...untraditional wedding! :happydance:

humblestumble
01-06-2006, 06:25 PM

I never really had either, but that was due to my own preferences mostly. I had heard two songs and didnt fancy them. And then, I had a class where the teacher ALWAYS played Dave matthews band, the eagles and the beatles. I couldnt stand the beatles or the eagles times.

Hope you get that Denise set!

Jan in CA
01-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Speaking of Beatles... http://bestsmileys.com/famous/2.gif

usamacka
01-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Jan, LOVE your Beatles!

Ingrid
01-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Jan strikes again!! :roflhard: :roflhard: Love them!

ebrperk
01-07-2006, 11:35 AM
I love the Eagles. I grew up with my older brother and sister listening to them. They are awesome. I also like some of the Beatles music. Paul McCartney on his own too is pretty good music.

Robin

feministmama
01-07-2006, 12:55 PM
OK now if you live in the US I can't imagine not being able to just hear the Beatles being played in many stores, as muzak in an elevator, I mean they are everywhere. You just can't NOT hear them kwim? wether you like them or not. I didn't get the reference to Mr Postman of Paul McCartney Either. That song for me is from an all black girl doo wop band of the 60s. Martha and the Vandellas maybe? :thinking:

usamacka
01-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Wait!
Oh yes, wait a minute Mr. postman
Wait!
Wai-ai-ai-ait Mr. postman

Mr. postman look and see (oh yeah)
You got a (Package from Denise)letter in your bag for me (please please Mr.
po-o-o-stman)
I've been waiting such a long time (oh yeah)
Since I heard from that (order)girl of mine.

There must be some word today-ay-ay
From my(Needle store) girlfriend so far away
Please Mr. postman look and see
If there's a (apackage, a package )letter, a letter for me.

I've been standing here waiting Mr. postman
So-o-o patiently
For just a card or just a letter
Saying(My Denise needles are here) she's returning home to me.

Please Mr. Postman
Mr. postman look and see (oh yeah)
You got (my needles)a letter in your bag for me (please please Mr.
po-o-o-stman)
I've been(Knitting) waiting such a long time (oh yeah)
(and I need those Denise's of mine)Since I heard from that girl of mine.

So many days you passed me by-y-y
See the tear standing in my eye
You didn't stop to make me feel better
By leaving me a card or a letter

Mr. postman
Mr. postman look and see
You got(THOSE NEEDLES FOR ME) a letter in your bag for me (oh yeah)
I've been waiting such a long time
Since I heard from that( DENISE STORE)girl of mine.

You gotta wait a minute, wait a minute, oh yeah (Mr. postman)
Wait a minute, wait a minute, oh yeah (Mr. postman)
You gotta check it and see, one more time for me.

Mr. po-o-o-stman, oh yeah (wait a minute, wait a minute)
Deliver the(NEedles) letter, the sooner the better.

You gotta wait a minute, wait a minute, oh yeah
You gotta wait a minute, wait a minute, oh yeah.

usamacka
01-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Ok Jan I am waiting for your reply! :rollseyes:

mks22300
01-07-2006, 01:15 PM

How funny is that?!!
I'm a late 20-something and I love The Beatles. Isn't it funny how they've reached so many generations?

Carol_OH
01-07-2006, 01:19 PM
you know, I was always a Stones fan, but have grown to love the Beatles in my old age.

One cool thing: I live in the Cleveland area, and if ANYONE gets a chance to go to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, DO IT. I didn't go for years because I thought it would be lame-o, but it's really great.

The first time I went (I have gone a few more times since then) there was a John and Yoko exhibition - they're Peace bed was there. Anyway, there was a phone where Yoko would call from NY from time to time and whoever happened to be, at the exhibit, could pick it up and talk with her.

No, I wasn't a lucky chatter-with-Yoko but I sure wanted to be.

I personally love Yoko - but maybe that's because I came to the Beatles fanamania late in life!

Carol_OH
01-07-2006, 01:21 PM
oh and if it wasn't for the Beatles, there would be no Nirvana.

(I heart Nirvana, even though I'm in my 40s - I still have the Spin Mag with Cobain on it after his death)

Come to think about it, it was probably Nirvana that got me interested in the Beatles in the first place.

Sara
01-07-2006, 01:23 PM
I think more people would know Mr. Postman from one of the Motown girl groups than from the Beatles, femmy. The covers that the Beatles did weren't as popular as their originals. Has anybody ever heard Paul singing "Til There Was You" from The Music Man? It's charming.

Jan in CA
01-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Ok Jan I am waiting for your reply! :rollseyes:

You're waiting for me? Sounds like you're waiting for him! -> http://bestsmileys.com/mail/5.gif

usamacka
01-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Paul sang TILL THERE WAS YOU in Phoenix this past November....the original accent I remembered on SAW them Winging...originally sounded like SOAR them Winging.....was not the same...and I think he now sings it in a lower key.. :)

Indygirl
01-07-2006, 02:33 PM
WELL HOW COOL'S THAT....... :inlove:

Knittens
01-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm 15 and I've loved the Beatles since my family took our trip to Florida about four years ago and we listened to the CD with all of the number one songs. Go Beatles!