PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Double hat.. UPDATE with photo

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Well, you all were right to stick to the ribbing and it would all work. It looks fine! I'm wondering if I should have done a k1p1 rib instead of k2p2. Oh well, now I'm wondering at point to put the stripes. The ribbing is about 1.5 inches and I have another inch or so of stockinette now. Any ideas? I will have pics soon.

KellyK
01-06-2006, 12:54 AM
I would go ahead and start the stripes. Ive found they look better lower rather than higher. If you look at pics of my most recent FDK hat, I did them high on one side and low on the other...

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Thanks Kelly! I'll look for the photo.

BTW..have fun this weekend! How many are going to be at the meet? Wish I didn't live so far away!!

KellyK
01-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Somewhere between 8 and 12. :lol: Im so lucky to live near such a GREAT group. FUNNNNNN ladies!!

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 12:58 AM
I'll bet it's a hoot! :roflhard:

Okay, just saw your hat and you are right..I do like them lower. Thanks!

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Now you can see the photo. Does the 2x2 ribbing look too weird? I realize it'll be stretched over his head, but... I should have done 1x1 for a hat like this. I don't really want to frog it.... but it's kind of bugging me.

Now WHAT is with that stripe!? I pretty much understand WHY it's that way, but is there any way to do it w/o it having a little jog like that? I am waiting to do the second stripe till I find out.

MaryS
01-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Jan,

Search for "Jogless Jog" and there are directions for 'hiding' the jog.
It's still there - since knitting in the round is really knitting in a long spiral there's no way to get around it - but I did the jogless jog on my DS's FDK hat and it's almost invisible.

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Thank you, Mary! I will give it a try!

KellyK
01-06-2006, 01:54 PM
I cant see your hat. :(

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 02:19 PM
I cant see your hat. :(

Hmm..I see it okay right now.

Well I tried jogging the stripe thing and it didn't work all that well. I must have done it wrong. :rollseyes: I also made the second stripe wider than I wanted. Ugh... thinking of frogging the whole thing and starting over. :doh:

KellyK
01-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh, Im goofy...I didnt realize you had put the pic in the first post. :doh: It looks GREAT!

ACtually, the 2x2 rib pulls in a bit more than 1x1....it will be snuggier in the earular region!

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Oh, Im goofy...I didnt realize you had put the pic in the first post. :doh: It looks GREAT!

ACtually, the 2x2 rib pulls in a bit more than 1x1....it will be snuggier in the earular region!

Thanks Kelly! Snuggier in the earular region, eh? :roflhard: Well I might have to leave that then on this hat. I am going to frog back so I can fix the second stripe though. It's only one row thank god. :rollseyes:

Jaxhil
01-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Jan, I just had to jump in and say what a pretty hat!! I agree, I like the 2x2 rib-looks good!

i had the same problem figuring out the "jogless jog", but I made 3 striped hats in a row, and by the third one it was working like a charm. Keep trying!!

:thumbsup: great hat!

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks Hilary! I will try again for sure. I decided NOT to frog this one at all.. it's too much of a pain..I'll just call it a learning experience. :roflhard: It actually doesn't look too bad with two different width stripes.