PDA

View Full Version : sorry everyone

rebecca
01-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Hey :waving: one & all. I wanted to hop in a apologize to everyone bc I usually post about everyone's wip's & fo's and most everything else...lol! But the doc has put me on strict bedrest (not paying exact attention, but working on it) for a while and I didn't want ya'll to think that I just didn't love looking & commenting on your beautiful work. When I get up for a few moments...I take a brief look @ everything, but don't have time to comment...I'll be back full time soon, I hope. But, I wanted to say... :heart: LOVING :heart: :inlove: :heart: EVERYTHING ya'll r doing and miss u guys :D .....hugs ;)

BonnieM
01-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Aww...I hope you're feeling like your old self again, soon!

Well, not that you're OLD, but you know what I mean!

knitterma
01-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Hope you are up & about again soon!

At least bedrest = lots of knitting time, right? :blush:

knitqueen
01-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Hugs Rebecca, hope you're feeling better soon. :heart:

melissa.atkins
01-06-2006, 05:11 PM
I hope everything is ok Rebecca... Im sure it is hard to stay in bed all day long... :(

You can still knit, right?

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear that! HOpe you are feeling better soon!

Ingrid
01-06-2006, 05:43 PM
You take care of yourself!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Cristy
01-06-2006, 05:44 PM
it's ok, I hope you feel better!

Pixywhispers
01-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Bummer Rebecca! I'm gona miss seeing you. Its so hard to stay in bed isnt it?

Candace

Angelia
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
We miss you Becka!! :heart: :heart:

And yeah, bedrest does include knitting, right?

Is bedrest code for your "sock sabbatical"? :rofling:

benniesma
01-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Sending lots of :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: your way!

kome
01-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Feel better Becca! :heart: :heart: :heart: I will knit for you! :)

mintdee
01-06-2006, 09:49 PM
:heart: :heart: Feel better very soon becca!!!! :D

margie
01-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Rebecca, I hope you are able to be up and about soon- and that you're getting some good knitting time in while you are on bedrest!!

ebrperk
01-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon. We will miss you while you are resting. Hoping you can still knit during this time.

Robin

Jouf
01-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, Becka, this answers my pm to you! Sorry to hear that. Hope you're up and out of bed real soon!

Jeep_Girl
01-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Feel better soon!!

feltedknitter
01-07-2006, 12:08 AM
:heart:
I hope you feel better

Sara
01-07-2006, 02:09 AM
:thinking: I'm sure Lonnie's way ahead of me, but I think we need you to have a notebook computer and a wifi connection so that you can applaud us even when you're flat on your back.

j/k, Sweetie! You relax and take care of yourself, I hope you're up and around soon.

Ellen Edwards
01-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Honey--I wish good luck and that you're soon up and around!!
Trudy

newbieknit
01-07-2006, 03:42 AM
I was wondering where's you'd been hiding!

Hope you'll be better soon!

You are missed!

Karen

jessi_9783
01-07-2006, 08:06 AM
I know what it's like but be bedridden. It will be a year since I broke my pelvis in March and I'm still not healed completely. It's hard to listen to doc's when they tell you to do something you really don't want to, but hang in there. Take care of yourself Rebecca.http://www.emoticonland.net/images/Amour/11_2_104.gif

KellyK
01-07-2006, 10:48 AM
:heart: WUV YOU BECCA! :heart:

kimmie
01-07-2006, 10:54 AM
I hope you feel much, much, much, MUCH, MUCH better very, very, VERY, VERY soon!!

kimmie

rebecca
01-07-2006, 11:12 PM
I was up for a bit and having a quick look around and had to stop and say :inlove: thank you all so much :inlove: I love you guys :inlove: !! Ya'll are all so sweet & special and have really made me day :D
HUGS ALL AROUND :D

Angelia
01-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Well, we just love and miss you! :heart:

humblestumble
01-08-2006, 01:43 AM
*hugs* Get your rest ;)

Ingrid
01-08-2006, 09:23 AM
We miss your :D :D :D :D :D

javede
01-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Oh, really hope you're better soon :heart:

MaryB
01-08-2006, 10:51 AM
I really miss all your happy comments. Rest well, stay positive and stop in when you can! :heart:

Jeremy
01-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Feel better soon!

dustinac
01-08-2006, 11:43 AM
I hope you feel better soon!!!!

jodstr2
01-08-2006, 03:43 PM
:heart: rebecca - rest up and get well soon. :heart:

punkhippiemom
01-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Aww....
:crying: :heart: :crying: :heart: :crying: :heart: :crying:
:verysad: :heart: :verysad: :heart: :verysad:
but hey at least you can still :XX: :XX: and :study: and :eyebrow: other stuff...well, maybe not - :roflhard:
We're all hoping :pray: you be back feeling :sunny: and saying :waving: to all of us soon!!!
:cheering: :cheering:

knitncook
01-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Hope you are feeling better soon. Bed rests sucks!

Ronda
01-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Hi Rebecca! I have no clue what's going on, but I hope you're up and about soon. I've missed your comments on the board! Take care of yourself. BTW, I'm not bedridden and *I* have problems keeping up with all the posts on this board! Hugs to you!

rebecca
01-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Hi Rebecca! I have no clue what's going on, but I hope you're up and about soon. I've missed your comments on the board! Take care of yourself. BTW, I'm not bedridden and *I* have problems keeping up with all the posts on this board! Hugs to you!

I'm sorry, I just generally expect everyone to read my mind...LOL! Long story short, I am disabled bc of many, many hip replacements; other hip/leg surgeries; hip dislocations, etc & live in pain...although sometimes worse than others. It's not so bad as it sounds...I'm alive & not dying and am better than millions of people. There are times throughout the year that the doc puts me on bedrest & sometimes I have to go in hospital for pain control (but haven't had to do that lately, thank God!). Well, we were vacationing after Christmas & on the last day as Lonnie (my sweet husband) was moving the van around to the sliding doors in the sweet, the front door was opening bc our 'do not disturb' sign had blown off and as she did this Sally (our mini doxie that travels with us) took off for the door & as she did so my instinct was to jump up to get her & as I did, I did so on my bad leg, of course, no crutches, of course..and fell...well, the very nice cleaning lady that was trying to come in to clean was then trying to continue to come in to see if I was okay & I was pleading with her to please close the door & that I was okay (not..LOL) bc I was afraid that Sally might bite her or get out! So, doc put me on bed rest for a while.
Now, I have been knitting just a bit bc I've not felt like knitting much even though I usually knit more & even more when I'm hurting badly, but not so much this time; but a little bc it helps keep my mind off of my pain.
I have just browsed through all of your FOs & WIPs....MARVELOUS, my friends, just GAWGEOUS work!! I can't wait to be back full time! I must get back in bed now, but I check in from time to time & ya'll have really, I a mean REALLLLLY made me feel so much better in spirit....thanks so much to each & every one of you!
BIG HUGS :heart:

DotMom61
01-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Prayers and gentle hugs coming your way, Becka!!! Heal fast!

(The way you put it, it sounds like dear Dr. is giving you a time out for being so ornery! ;) "Now, Becka, if you don't stop running around with that dog, I'm going to put you on BED rest!!" :fingerwag: )

rebecca
01-11-2006, 08:30 PM
:waving: Hey Everybody!! I just checked in...so many posts; so much going on...I have to say..luvin' everyone's knitting...jobs well done, as usual :cheering: :cheering:
Wish I could stick around, but I've got at least another week in bed..he's really serious now, so I gotta go....hugs to all. Happy Knitting!
Miss you all :heart:

newbieknit
01-11-2006, 08:40 PM
YaY!
Nice to see you Rebecca! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Thanks for keeping track of all of us! We swear we're being good. Very kind to eachother. and knitting like crazy!
Soon I'll be posting pics of my first cable hat project!!

Ronda
01-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Take it easy, Rebecca!

Angelia
01-12-2006, 07:30 AM
We're counting down the days! 6 now... :heart:

rebecca
01-17-2006, 01:55 AM
Hey all :waving: I decided to cruise KH a bit tonight when I couldn't sleep & left a few posts, although I'm very, very sorry that I couldn't comment more, especially on everyone's knitting...but I stayed up as long as I could...LOL, which was longer than I was supposed to! The doc extended bedrest to at least feb 1 when I go back to see him; but that's okay..bc I'm okay.
I'll drop in from time to time to say hello
miss u all terribly! ya'll know I CAN'T STAND to be out of the loop & not know EVERYTHING that's going on...it's killing :--- me!!!
hugs to all, becka

Angelia
01-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Hugs to you! :heart: :heart:

Feb. 1 is a long way away....:(

But, the good news is that you're feeling okay! :cheering: :cheering:

dustinac
01-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Rebecca, take it easy and can't wait to see ya posting on the 1rst!! Miss seeing you... :D

rebecca
01-17-2006, 11:42 AM
:D Thanks everyone...as u can see, I'm cheating again...but I'm gonna stop, well, try....but I wanna know how everyone is doing ;) ....LOVING EVERYONE'S KNITTING :cheering: :cheering:

wildforyarn
01-17-2006, 07:19 PM
I hope you are back in bed now!!! ;) Take care!!

rebecca
01-19-2006, 08:37 PM
:waving: again everyone :D I thought I would post here & there, but was on as long as I could be & had to head back to bed...LOL, then I saw that my daughter jumped on computer when she came over & my KH site was open the entire time...I was NOT on computer for however long she was here & my name was present as my being on the forum :fingerwag: My hubby & doc would have my butt for that!!
But, I was happy to make a few posts & try to see what's going on...from what I see, we have MANY new members & lots of talented knittin' going on :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Keep up the good work....miss u all :heart:

DotMom61
01-25-2006, 12:24 AM
I really think that Lonnie needs to spring for a laptop for you. :thumbsup: When's your birthday??? :thinking:

rebecca
01-29-2006, 05:54 PM
I really think that Lonnie needs to spring for a laptop for you. :thumbsup: When's your birthday??? :thinking:

Sorry I haven't responded, haven't been around, as u know :doh: ...LOL! Thanks so much for the thought and, I believe he would in a minute, but I love, love this computer that he has built mostly for me!! Remember...HDTV monitor/laser printer; oh, and he just put in another hard drive (is that what it's called?) so I will have plenty of area for my stuff & then he has one for his stuff :D I do so miss chatting with all of you so very, very much!! But, I've been
checking with a pal or 2 everyday (like u .mom!!...thanks for your prayers...means more to me than I can express & I know they are working!!)!!
Since I'm up momentarily...quick update, I was back at doc's office Fri.; went in to get a shot & other things done; all in trying to keep me home, rather than having to go in hospital for pain control as I've had to do so many times in the past. It seems to be helping, I was able to come home & actually relax a bit & therefore sleep for several hours without being awakened by the pain. So, Lonnie will take me back to the doc Mon. for another shot & tune-up & we will do this rather than go in hospital. Like I told my doc (best doc in the world!!), if you can give me these shots of what I normally am given thru IV in hospital...can we try it?! He agreed & that's what we are doing. Of course we expect it to be a 2month recovery as it has been in the past..but...no biggie...I'm not dying, I am well taken care of by my wonderful husband. AND, I'm so very, very blessed by God in a gazillion ways..I have no reason to complain :D !!
I know there's so much going on on here..I'll never catch up and I see membership is steadily growing that I will have many new people to get to know...that will be fun :cheering: :cheering: ! PM or email me to say hey if u wish, I check my email now & then when I get up for showers, etc. Happy Knitting & Happy winter...almost happy Feb...I can't believe that!!! WOW!! Miss u all :heart:
EDIT OMGoodness, I've been away so long I've lost my #3 ranking in top 10 postings...I'm now # 5 :crying: By the time I'm back full time I may have to work my way back up to the list....horror of horrors :shock:
ANOTHER EDIT...my apologies, Julie..my bday is Dec 6!! You have a long time to think of something really nice to get me...or knit for me :roflhard: ;) :roflhard:
hugs..............

Angelia
01-29-2006, 07:46 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying:

I took your number 3. Amy sort of laughed at me yesterday... :oops: But I just love it here. And part of the reason I love it is you, Becka!!! You'll get your no. 3 rank back in no time once you're let loose! ;)

:heart: :heart: :heart: Miss you!

rebecca
01-30-2006, 08:18 PM
U so funny, Angelia...I'll get it back..LOL!! As if it bothered me..I was kidding! I went to the doc today & got a couple of injections, all still in trying to keep me out of hospital...I'm all for that!! If I can go in the office & have recovery be longer than if I were to go in the hospital..it's okay with me :cheering: :cheering:
I was so happy when Lonnie picked me up to go to the doc bc it was right after the mail had come and I had 3 sets of addi's....YAY....that's enough to make your day right there ;)
I'm off to bed before I get in trouble...just had to share the joy :D
I miss you all!!!!!
hugs all around.....

amy
01-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Oh, I'm just seeing this post! Rebecca, I've been wondering where you've been!! I've been missing you here! I hope your health improves soon, my dear. :heart: HUGS :heart:

....I took your number 3. Amy sort of laughed at me yesterday... :oops: But I just love it here...

I was laughing with you Angelia! :lol: Post post post, you go girl!! :thumbsup:

Angelia
01-31-2006, 03:39 PM
I was laughing with you Angelia! :lol: Post post post, you go girl!! :thumbsup:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Becka, shouldn't you be back with us soon?! (Please say yes!) Ooooh, maybe you could get one of those tables like they have in hospitals so that you can put your puter on it, still be in bed, but visit with us!!

rebecca
02-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks everyone :D I sure miss ya'll, too...aLOT!!
1st of all, no worries; I'll be okay and I'm far, far better off than millions of people & God has blessed me with the greatest :heart: husband, family & friends that a girl could ask for ;)
I only have time for a quick update. Okay, after my last post I had been to to doc & was beginning to feel a bit better...THEN I got this KILLER intestinal bug that is creeping it's way through town. Well, I began to fall off of my crutches bc I had no strength to hold myself on the crutches (very, very dehydrated, etc); then I just began to pass out right & left. The doc told Lonnie that I could either go in hospital for them to manage my getting up & down or Lonnie could do it himself...Lonnie took time off to care for me. This bug is so bad that I fainted a few more times with Lonnie getting me to & from the bathroom. Needless to say I've set myself back quite a ways with my hip/leg AND to top it all off, i've sprained both wrists and can't :XX: ...yep :crying: :crying: :crying: It hurts quite badly to type & to get around on crutches (have to go to doc in wheelchair..LOL, quite a site, I must say! I was quite bummed when the Olympics began & I was not able to begin our Olympics...but, that's okay, I can knit my shawl any time! The important thing is to rest my wrists so that I can get around on crutches now while I'm needing them full time. The doc wanted to put me in hospital last Monday for pain management, but doc was going out of town & he is the only physician that manages my pain; so Lonnie has taken me to & from his office for his PA to administer meds, etc. Needless to say...I'm for REAL on bed rest!!!
I've had a bit of a look around & have to say... :heart: lovin' everyone's work...as usual ;)
I miss :( you all TERRIBLY!! It's as if I've been cut off from the world, especially all of you... my :XX: :XY: :X: buds....hope to be back in the swing in the near future.....
I :inlove: :heart: :inlove: LOVE :heart: :inlove: :heart: YA'LL!!
OH...had to add this...Sally, all 10 lbs of her does NOT leave my side!! Animals are very intuitive, she knows her mommie doesn't feel well. LOL, she would even get Lonnie's attention when I couldn't...imagine :thinking: ...a new dog show....with Sally as the star; much like Lassie........... :thinking: hmmmmm...... :waving:
LOL...kind of long for a 'quick update'...but it's really the quick version ;)

Angelia
02-12-2006, 05:23 PM
:heart: :heart: Hugs :heart: :heart: Becka!

Hope you're getting better every day and will be up and around safely very soon!!

Ingrid
02-12-2006, 06:26 PM
:heart: :heart: Hang in there, we miss you too! :heart: :heart:

dustinac
02-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Becka, hurry back.. should you be posting and looking around?? Listen to the drs and Lonnie so you can get back to posting soon :heart:

rebecca
02-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks ever so much..I miss ya'll more than I can explain!! I thought that I would jump in & say hi as I'm waiting for Lonnie to get me to take me to the doc & I don't think u will be hearing from me for a while bc I got in T.R.O.U.B.L.E.!! I mean http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/wizardofozwitch.jpg kinda trouble from Lonnie bc I'm not in bed 24/7. Of course, he is right, but when it's the middle of the night...or day...and u want to say hey to your friends, what's a girl to do?!.....http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/sighsmiley.jpg
Anyway...HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ... http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/cuteheart.jpg you all & miss u BUNCHES :waving:

MaryB
02-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Becka,

The emoticons are wondering where you are. They need a little attention! So in your honor on this Valentine's Day----------- :XX: :happydance: :roflhard: :rofling: :blush: :cheering: :rollseyes: :thinking: :thumbsup: :XX: :doh: :?? :present: :balloons: :angelgrin: :frog: :figureditout: :evil: :XY: :study: :devil: :balloons: :heart: :--- :wall: :P :XX: :roflhard: :cheering: :!: :shock: :rollseyes: :happydance:

There------I think they feel better now. Hope you do, too! :heart: :heart: :heart:

rebecca
02-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Ahhh...thanks Mary!! I know that the emoticons haven't gotten their proper use since I've not been around so much ;)
Okay, yesterday doc said continued bed rest...so I'm off to bed after a quick shower ... since my hubby redid the shower for me see :D: here (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/New%20bathroom%20by%20Lonnie/DSCN0288.jpg) and here (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/New%20bathroom%20by%20Lonnie/DSCN0281.jpg) with everything a fingertip away :D ...I am so spoiled!!!
I MISS YA'LL SO MUCH :verysad:
Hopefully I will be back in full swing in the not too distant future ;)
bye :waving: foe now..................

Ellen Edwards
02-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Becca, Honey!!! If I had a laptop--I'd LEND it to you so you could lounge in bed and keep up with everything and everyone!!

We're missing you and praying for you...I miss you so much!! I miss your knidness, and your humor!! And I miss you talking about Lonnie and how good he is!! ( I LOVE your new shower!!!) Please get well soon! :heart:

kimmie
02-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Becka, I just read your update and I'm so sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I'll say lots of prayers.
Hugs,
kimmie

Sara
02-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Rebecca, you can be the official Michelle Kwan of the Knitting Olympics!

Take care! Love the shower. Lonnie did a great job. (But don't tell him that if you're going to get in trouble for being out of bed! ;) )

rebecca
02-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks so much, you guys! It certainly makes me feel good to hear such kind thoughts :D Thanks so much, one can NEVER have enough or too many prayers!! Thanks, I think he did a great job on the shower, too...he reded the entire bathroom, but this was going to be done at a later date, but he decided to go ahead & do it in Dec. I love it..AND it's so much easier :D
Trudy, that's so sweet of you...LOL, Lonnie was just talking about one of his friends rigging his home for each room to be wireless for internet or something & how inexpensive it was (relatively speaking)....so, I wouldn't be surprised if he did it too, in the future so that I can have easy access to the internet thru a laptop...never know what's brewing in his head ;)
Well, I'm off to the shower & then to the doc. Miss you all...continue with your beautiful knitting everyone :happydance: :happydance: