PDA

View Full Version : FO: Two-needle mittens

margie
01-06-2006, 04:24 PM
I knitted these for me, using Christmas money that I was told to use at the LYS! The pattern is from Plymouth- I knitted my mom a scarf using the same pattern. The yarn is Plymouth Suri Merino. They are very soft. I'm not totally thrilled with how they turned out- using dpns is on my list of things to do in 2006- I think I would like traditional mittens using those better. Still, I love the color of these and they feel good!

Beckylem
01-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Love the color they look great!! :thumbsup:

Angelia
01-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Oh, those are lovely! They look warm, too!

Jan in CA
01-06-2006, 05:16 PM
They look great! Soft and warm!

Freyja
01-06-2006, 05:21 PM
I am smitten with your mittens. :lol: These look very nice.

Is the seam bothering you or the thought of it?:thinking:

I have a pair on two cir. for my son. It goes so fast, you can smitten yourself with lots of mittens. :XX:

Ingrid
01-06-2006, 06:09 PM
They look yummy! Love the color, too.

Quietheart
01-06-2006, 09:15 PM
These came out really cute! What pattern did you use?

Kath

margie
01-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I am smitten with your mittens. :lol: These look very nice.

Is the seam bothering you or the thought of it?:thinking:

I have a pair on two cir. for my son. It goes so fast, you can smitten yourself with lots of mittens. :XX:

The seam didn't bother me too much, it was the shape- more long and rectangular than I'd like. The top was not as rounded as you'd see in a mitten made with dpns. Hmmmm.........I hadn't thought about doing mittens with two circs..............I think I have another project to do now!

margie
01-06-2006, 09:47 PM

Kath

Kath, the pattern is from Plymouth- it is a pattern for scarf, mittens and hat using worsted weight alpaca.

Lana
01-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Those are pretty.

I am the ultimate lazy mitten knitter. I make 2 needle mittens in garter stitch. :rollseyes: I do the thumbs on needles 1 size smaller.

Quietheart
01-07-2006, 07:40 AM

Kath

Kath, the pattern is from Plymouth- it is a pattern for scarf, mittens and hat using worsted weight alpaca.

They really came out great, much better than any pictures of two needle mittens I've seen on patterns out there! Excellent job.

Kath