PDA

View Full Version : I got it!!!

VickiIL
01-07-2006, 10:01 PM
I got it :cheering: :cheering: My sweet DH bought me an Ashford Traditional Wheel today. Right now it is sitting in pieces in my living room waiting for me to stain it and put it together! The wonderful woman at the store gave me two huge bags of roving! I can't wait to get started!

mintdee
01-07-2006, 10:31 PM
:cheering: :thumbsup: Congrats!! May I add that we need pics! :roflhard:

Enjoy your new wheel :thumbsup:

heartknits
01-08-2006, 03:42 AM
Yippppeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I wanta see!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

VickiIL
01-08-2006, 11:13 AM
For those of you that bought unfinished wheels, how did you finish them. I picked up a quart of Minwax Polyshades. This is a stain that had the poly right in it. Then when I read the directions it says "We recommend Ashford Teak wax, however any reputable wood oil or wax finish would be suitable." Did I get the wrong thing? How did you finish your wheels?

(I am so anxious to get this thing together but it was such a big investment I don't want to put a finish on it that will effect how well its moving parts move...ya know.)

VictoiseC
01-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Congrats Vicki from Viki in NY! Lucky lucky you! Can't wait to hear how it goes, I want one soooooo bad. wow wow wow

ChroniclesofYarnia
01-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I am using minwax colored stain to stain mine blue, and then I will seal it with a sealant.

You just need to do what you would do with normal wood.

VickiIL
01-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Well the instruction FAQ page said not to use a poly. So I exchanged the poly I had bought for just a simple tung oil finish. Finishing takes SO long!!! I am getting so anxious to get it together. I just finished puting the last coat on and buffing it. Now to wait for it to dry and then put it together. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get spinning!

Silver
01-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Pictures!! NOW!!
I showed you mine! :D

Vendie
01-11-2006, 07:10 AM
I actually just waxed mine with furniture wax. I might paint the wheel portion down the road - owners of Kiwi tend to personalize their wheels by painting little things on the wheel itself. It's got that nice big flat surface that just kinda lends itself to that.