PDA

View Full Version : Sock Challenge (AKA Thanks Silver!)

mrselder
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi! This post is for all you knitters really wanting to make socks, but like me, were scared to death of the whole process. You know the DPN's, heel, etc.

Well, I have only been knitting for under a year. I have really wanted to make socks so I bought some wool-ease at Michael's and have been going through Silver's online sock tutorial. I cannot believe how EASY it is! Silver has posted such wonderful pictures and directions, that if I have a problem I can refer to the pic and figure it out. Hooray for Silver!

So come on! Jump on the sock train and you will have so much fun! Socks are a blast to make and working with DPNS are not as hard as it seems!

If I can do it, you can too!

Hopelessly Addicted to Knitting Socks,
Jen

geminiwb
01-09-2006, 03:54 PM
I saw Silver's walk-through as well and gave me loads of confidence!! :cheering: :cheering:

I'll be making socks just as soon I get sone with some of my current projects! :lol:

knitkat
01-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Yes sir ree....Silver has it all there for the taking! Thanks so much for helping me rid myself of the notion that the DPN's could take an eye out. I was able to make a set of socks from patons merino on 5 DPN, then graduated myself to 3's and made cute short socks for my almost daughter in law. You rock SILVER!

Julie
01-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Sock Class rules...thanks again Silver! :cheering:

Cristy
01-09-2006, 10:59 PM
shhhhh....don't talk about it--I want to do it so bad but I'm making myself wait until I get at least two projects off of my to-do list.

Silver
01-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Awww shucks. :oops:

cheetahcalledchloe
01-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Lol, my computor fried just before Christmas and I just got up and running again!!! I was about to graft the toe of my first sock and of course couldn't because I didn't have my sock class!!!!!!

Silver's tutorial is awesome, even I can make a sock - lol I hope I can get it finished!!!!!

Hope you all had a happy Christmas and will have a prosperous new year.

Chloe