PDA

View Full Version : My First Scarf

hemaccredo
01-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Please excuse wobbly edges, they are actually straight, but as you all know, stockinette stitch rolls terribly. I plan on backing it with fleece, as my yarn is acrylic, and that can get uncomfortable when you are sweaty. And I always get sweaty, personally, when wearing a scarf.

Though this is not finished, I am already bored with stockinette stitch -- and the fact that it will be a scarf, and I've already made uncountable numbers of crochet scarves. Thus, I will be doing http://margarethubertoriginals.com/newpage1.htm this.

:) Though I am confused a little with the pattern, but. I will work it, and it will likely work itself out clearly.

And hopefully it will take less time than this scarf, which will need to be 4-5 ft before I give it to it's child. (a 3-foot tall girl who will wrap it around her neck 5 times and want it to dangle like mine do. )

The Mod Squad was here - Photo Resized

Ingrid
01-11-2006, 08:43 PM
The colors are beautiful! Stockinette can get boring, just race yourself to the next color change. :rofling: Don't worry about the edges--this'll be the last time it's laid flat. ;)

hemaccredo
01-11-2006, 09:00 PM
It took far too much effort to get it laid flat in the first place! ^^ and sadly, the varigated, neice-requested yarn leaves little room for the color changing, but I figure if I work back and forth between the neice's present and the nephew's present, I will have fewer wip's while still maintaining some semblance of inspiration.

Ingrid
01-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Switching between projects is the only way to get through the boring ones. ;)

kome
01-11-2006, 11:01 PM
That yarn is awsome, yes? I haven't made much from it, but I did make a little cell phone holder a few months back (first thing I ever made!). It's soooo rainbowy. Looks different with a bigger pattern as well. I can't wait to see everything when you're finished.

partydiva
01-12-2006, 06:11 AM
I haven't made a scarf yet. I started to make one and too got bored with the stitches. I made a hat the other day and now DH wants a scarf to match. Maybe I will give it another try. I think I gave up because I casted on way too many stitches and it was taking forever. :frog:

I like the way the yarn stripes. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

RAILhead
01-12-2006, 08:28 AM
That looks like the Cup of Yarn that I'm doing, though I went with a different color.

Angelia
01-12-2006, 09:03 AM
That looks great--I love the vibrant colors! :thumbsup:

kayeknit
01-12-2006, 09:15 AM
That looks just like a yarn I used many years ago to crochet a sweater for my daughter...Red Heart "Bikini"...I think. (I can't remember now :?? ). But the colors are great for a girl. Anyway, it's looking nice!

dustinac
01-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Thats very pretty!! Scarves can get boring usually I try to switch between projects from getting so bored I then start to dislike the project...

Great job :thumbsup:

hemaccredo
01-12-2006, 10:40 AM
You must have a wonderful memory for yarns, if said thing was years ago. It is indeed red heart bikini - and all of my roommates (I have 7+) have been making fun of me for it, as it is, apparently, starting to look thong-ish when I fold it up (the end is tightly scrolled up and looks stringy, the front is exactly as wide as in the picture, and they're all excited to see a bikini for some reason. o.o; )

My nephew's sweater will be completed in Red Heart Mexicana. if you haven't seen it, it's along the same variegated thought train, only the colors are way bold. Picture later, when I assuredly get confused and require help. ^^; The price I pay for boredom, neh?

I also have to admit -- my LYS is definitely wal-mart. I haven't found anything else. I have a local fabric store, but they are purely a fabric store, no yarn or other crafts. So I hear all these wonderful-sounding yarns (particularly on knitty -- does anyone there ever knit in anything found at wal-mart?) and I am sad. But I will prevail. There has to be an lys around this blasted town someplace. ^^

PS: railhead - I saw your scarf. I don't remember if I posted on it yet, but if I didn't, :) it's really awesome. I'm happy I'm not the only newbie wandering about, and good luck with finishing it before you want to fling it across the room in boredom!

mks22300
01-12-2006, 12:34 PM
The colors are very pretty!

BonnieM
01-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Great job, and I think those colors are perfect, especially for a wee one.

Lana
01-12-2006, 03:44 PM
:frog: I love the way patterns appear when ombre yarns are knitted.
Scarves are good practice projects.

usamacka
01-14-2006, 07:11 PM
colors are great!

ItsBecca
01-14-2006, 07:58 PM
OMGosh I love it! :thumbsup: